2nds Port Adelaide vs Sturt - Round 9 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Dixon’s obviously a bit too good for this grade

Like I said, one and done for Chuck.

Him playing in the SANFL is a waste of time. It's good for blowing out the cobwebs, but 13 disposals, 6 marks (2 contested), 3 tackles, 4 hitouts, 3 clearances and 5.2 in his first game in six months shows you the difference between an AFL key forward playing in the SANFL and a guy who is finding his way.

Should be straight in the team against Fremantle paired alongside Howard so he can get some run into the legs. We're going to need him against Geelong.

Like I said, one and done for Chuck.

Him playing in the SANFL is a waste of time. It's good for blowing out the cobwebs, but 13 disposals, 6 marks (2 contested), 3 tackles, 4 hitouts, 3 clearances and 5.2 in his first game in six months shows you the difference between an AFL key forward playing in the SANFL and a guy who is finding his way.

Should be straight in the team against Fremantle paired alongside Howard so he can get some run into the legs. We're going to need him against Geelong.

It’s not a waste of time getting some match fitness in a week where there is no AFL game.

It’s not a waste of time getting some match fitness in a week where there is no AFL game.

I said it was good for blowing out the cobwebs, didn't I? But obviously not going to get the fitness required for AFL level in the SANFL, so he should be straight in the team next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the commentary here I’d bring Dixon in, but leave Wines in for another run at SANFL level.

Covering a tall forward not fully fit, who brings other improvements to the side is fine. Rushing back an inside mid, when we’ve got that covered, would be a mistake.

Another test for Ken to see if he’s learnt anything from rushing mids back too early previously. Stuff him being Captain, it’s a team game.

Here to ask a dumb question. I want to purchase a 30 day digital pass. Have gone to the URL provided but at some point it asks me to select a club and Port and the Crows don't appear as options. Only the other 8 clubs.

How do I purchase a 30 day pass for Port games?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back