No Oppo Supporters 2019 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cripps is truly an excellent player. But the way commentators fall over themselves about him is a little nauseating.

I dunno I think he's justified the hype. A 24 year old just put in the performance of the year. Lifted that rabble of a team on his shoulders numerous times and he's not even played 100 games yet. Truly a freak

theres a growing backlash against Ablett for some ****en reason, not Goodes level but its there
Yeah the booing is disgraceful but Ablett manages to keep performing at a top 25 player in the league level despite it. Just shows how impressive he is

Cripps is truly an excellent player. But the way commentators fall over themselves about him is a little nauseating.
I'd pay Cripps $2 mill - oops checks bank account :(

Cripps was awesome.

But they do have deep talent right across the board. I mean so they should after umpteen top ten draft picks. Walsh, Weitering, C. Curnow, Kruezer, Murphy, McGovern. Maybe Bolton will end up as the Brendan McCartney, shaping a team that goes on to win a flag.

I hate the Ablett booing too. Vindictive. There's enough bad behaviour outside footy, why bring it inside the ground?

Cripps was awesome.

But they do have deep talent right across the board. I mean so they should after umpteen top ten draft picks. Walsh, Weitering, C. Curnow, Kruezer, Murphy, McGovern. Maybe Bolton will end up as the Brendan McCartney, shaping a team that goes on to win a flag.

I hate the Ablett booing too. Vindictive. There's enough bad behaviour outside footy, why bring it inside the ground?
I save all of my booing for umpires.

Why is booing so controversial all of a sudden? Are AFL people so insular that they don't realise that it happens in every sport and there's really nothing wrong with it? WTF? I should feel sorry for some millionaire religious fanatic because he can't handle a few boos from the crowd??? Get real

Last edited:
Eddie McGuire, Dwayne Russell and David King are out and out barracking for the Blues to beat Brisbane.

Was in the car listening to SEN, Whately, Del Santo and Murphy were appalling in their cheering on of the VFL team. At one stage in Q4, Cripps runs over 20 metres without bouncing and kicks a vital goal. They acknowledged the umpire error but just laughed. McStay pushed in the back in the goal square and what they said was a clear Brisbane mark close to goal not paid. All within the first 5 minutes. They again saw it as humurous.

The fairy tale was clearly in and Gil gets the result he wants. Those umps should not be doing country footy next week - respect country footy too much.

I cannot believe the Fox commentators could have been more biased than SEN. It was an unlistenable disgrace.

Why is booing so controversial all of a sudden? Are AFL people so insular that they don't realise that it happens in every sport and there's really nothing wrong with it? WTF? I should feel sorry for some millionaire religious fanatic because he can't handle a few boos from the crowd??? Get real

I’ve never liked booing in any sporting arena.

I don’t like GAJ but ffs let the blokes play footy

Eddie McGuire, Dwayne Russell and David King are out and out barracking for the Blues to beat Brisbane.

Well its fox footy and they have always been about their own self-interest to create hype and media narratives for all their shows for the week rather than the actual footy.

They were barracking for Carlton because now they can spend all week about how Carlton are turning it around with a new coach and that next year they will be finals contenders. Brisbane win its 18th loses again, big shock.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Neutral games have been excruciating to watch i think the game is going down the shitter as every season goes on.

its a dull year

afl also doesnt give a * about the fans or the game just $$$$

I hadn't considered Breust and Rioli. Of them and Betts, I'd say Rioli was the best player (in terms of who you'd pick first in a school yard) but longevity still makes me side with Betts in terms of ranking the best small forwards of all time.

I also think what plays in Betts' favour is that he had to do it poorer teams than Breust and Rioli. Playing small forward in bad or just OK teams is bloody difficult, whereas the other two were playing in one of the best teams of the last 50 years. Not detracting from them, but I think it's a point to Betts there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back