Past Jordan "I don’t think Sydney fans should be nervous at all" Dawson: Grand Theft Completed, traded 2021 to Adelaide

Yeah you probably didn’t I was just using Damien Barrett like tactics

IF - Jordan Dawson keeps up his current rate of improvement.

THEN - He will be in with a strong look at the Swans best and fairest in 2020.

We just need to learn how to utilise him.. right now hes the best kick in the team and we need to take advantage of it

Franklin and Blakey are pretty handy field kicks

Tesla Tenet

Premiership Player
Apr 13, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
If playing in defence, shouldn't Dawson kick out for us. Longer and penetrating (velocity and height) kicking . Both Lloyd and Mcveigh can't do either and neither seem to be able to get us out of our D50 too much.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Come on Bloods Jordan's price is going up. Please re-sign Jordan, soon!

THE YOUNG SWAN THAT CARLTON SHOULD OFFER BIG MONEY TO: BRERETON

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2019/06...t-carlton-should-offer-big-money-to-brereton/

“I’m of the philosophy that a big fish is good when you’re in a market like Sydney and you need bums on seats,” Brereton told SEN’s Crunch Time.
“I tend to think you need to find someone on the rise who the clubs are saying, ‘he’s on a reasonable wage for a guy his age’, but he’s getting better.
“I would go out and would spend on someone like Jordan Dawson from Sydney.
“I think he’s really good, but he hasn’t fully made it yet.
“I’d go and make him a four-year offer and offer him money Sydney can’t match because of the way they’re scheduled.

rebeti

Rookie
Aug 15, 2009
windsor
AFL Club
Sydney
Serious test for our list managers ,because if we are going to develop this team,priority needs to be given to re-signing Dawson,Cunningham,Oriordan and Jones ASAP ! It would be disappointing if we lose these young cygnets ,especially when flogs like Brereton insinuate we will struggle to keep them because of salary cap constraints.

Oct 1, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney
Serious test for our list managers ,because if we are going to develop this team,priority needs to be given to re-signing Dawson,Cunningham,Oriordan and Jones ASAP ! It would be disappointing if we lose these young cygnets ,especially when flogs like Brereton insinuate we will struggle to keep them because of salary cap constraints.
Dawson daylight above cunningham and oriordan (who i like but don't think is good enough) imo in turns of priority

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
I don't actually think we have as much as we would like with the Buddy $1.5M sucking the life out of our list.

You could be right to some degree, however we are certainly looking like shedding some space well above what Buddy’s increase will be (around $100k next year). Salary cap goes up again too. Then you have Grundy retired, Jack likely to follow, McVeigh potentially likely and maybe Smith, particularly if his body doesn’t respond to treatment). Plus Tippett comes off the books and we don’t have Hanneberys salary anymore.

I also think some of Buddy’s salary is potentially captured in the associated service agreements to the club ($1 million or so not included in the salary cap, he would be getting some of this), so the direct impact to our salary cap might not be quite as large.

Given we have added some new players this year via mid season draft and McLean earlier suggests we have some spare cap space in 2019 otherwise we wouldn’t have been able to/willing to pick up those players. Any additional underspend in 2019 we can overspend in 2020 I think (provided there wasn’t an imbalance in prior season).

On top of that, any agreement we now sign past 3 years will be post the Buddy contract (even two years as it drops back by around $500k in the final year according to reports), so over the next year or two that will open up some flexibility for future planning as well.

Thanks Dermie!

We have our cap well under control, Irelands parting words included that we could be in the market for a big fish this year. Hanners cleared a heap of room and a lot of retirements to free up more cap space.

Doubt we'll be letting Dawson slip away unless someone offers him silly $, then they'd have to match that with an equivalent rated ND pick, like top 10!

DeadlyAkkuret

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 10, 2007
Ensconced in velvet
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Lakers, West Ham
I’d also add that a 5 year deal isn’t that unusual these days but if he continues his trajectory we will need to lock him in soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d also add that a 5 year deal isn’t that unusual these days but if he continues his trajectory we will need to lock him in soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is not our best or most vital player, but for me he plays a crucial utility role for the team. There is no doubt he would be leading the Club's official most improved player count. Unofficially he leads the Club's "player most underestimated by Longmire and the Match Committee".

He will be getting head turning offers from a lot of Clubs.

Back