Analysis AFC SANFL 2019 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sauce can't jump. Time to make the call for him as he won't.

Have to admit, I was watching him today thinking he is cutting it pretty short to do anything more than a farewell game. Of course, this won't stop the frickin' Marys on this board complaining that he will probably be in for Rob next match " because we never learn"

Does anyone know what the official free kick count was? All I watched today were 3 cheating, biased POS pretending to be umpires. Some of the Free kicks WA got were astounding. We get penalised for anything they thought they could away with calling. I'm so sick of watching this week in and week out, except when the Crows play Port. That is umpired by the rules. Also those commentators Casey and Chinever need to be sacked, biased turd bags.:mad::thumbsdown::fire:

Last edited:
Does anyone know what the official free kick count was? All I watched today was 3 cheating, biased POS pretending to be umpires. Some of the Free kicks WA got were astounding. We got penalised for anything they thought they could away with calling. I'm so sick of watching this week in and week out, except when the Crows play Port. That is umpired by the rules. Also those commentators Casey and Chinever need to be sacked, biased turd bags.:mad::thumbsdown::fire:
This.

I personally couldn’t give a **** whether we win or lose in the SANFL. I’m looking for standout individual performances to create intense selection pressure for the fringe guys in the seniors. We have a full list to choose from other than Doedee and somehow the likes of Atkins and Murphy are skating through despite poor form.

Why would they even need to perform if their direct competition play like that? Yuck
Yeah but you’re not looking for BOG 30 poss games every week. Wilson gets those numbers and won’t be an AFL player. Conversely Gallucci has never starred at SANFL level, but will be a very good AFL player.

Needs a bit closer assessment. Like you assess McHenry as “hot garbage” today, when clearly he had a different role than what he’s had so far.

If you can’t see AFL qualities in Davis then I don’t know what to tell you. Some of Jones’ clearances in the last show he’s got it. Sholl continues to have more time than mere state league mortals.

Butts will be a star. Bookmark that one.

There’s heaps to like for the future, they’re still developing.

In the short term ie next week, Gibbs was one in the frame and he played very well. Jacobs not so much but that’s really not important.

Reading some of the posts in here people expect every player to get 40 possessions and 5 goals every game and beat every team by 20 goals.

They’re on top of the ladder FFS, and who cares if they’re not, all that matters is they are gradually developing.

Yeah but you’re not looking for BOG 30 poss games every week. Wilson gets those numbers and won’t be an AFL player. Conversely Gallucci has never starred at SANFL level, but will be a very good AFL player.

Needs a bit closer assessment. Like you assess McHenry as “hot garbage” today, when clearly he had a different role than what he’s had so far.

If you can’t see AFL qualities in Davis then I don’t know what to tell you. Some of Jones’ clearances in the last show he’s got it. Sholl continues to have more time than mere state league mortals.

In the short term ie next week, Gibbs was one in the frame and he played very well. Jacobs not so much but that’s really not important.

Reading some of the posts in here people expect every player to get 40 possessions and 5 goals every game and beat every team by 20 goals.

They’re on top of the ladder FFS, and who cares if they’re not, all that matters is they are gradually developing.
I can see Butts replacing Talia. Tracking well

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Fog will get there guys. Have faith. Oh yeah, he’s just 19.
Went to the game. Did like what Fog did when he got near the ball. A lot of rotations so fog was off and on a bit. We kicked wide constantly and played down the Eastern wing. Was a slow slog of a game. Zone was ok but we didn't look to run and carry much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great

Jones
Davis
Butts
Otten
Wilson
Poke
Stengle
Mcadam

Serviceable

Mchenry
Fog
Sauce
Hamill
Scholl
Gibbs

Horrid

Knight
Hunter

And whilst his game wasn’t horrid... Himmelberg should be left in the sanfl for that horrible last shot on goal. That was absolutely pathetic. Surely he would’ve known that even a point would put the game out of West’s reach.. then he goes and shanks it out of bounds. Hopeless. If he wants to be an regular AFL player, especially as a FF, he better learn how to kick before he puts his hand up for another game in the big league. Geezuz.. even I could’ve kicked, at a minimum, a point from there.

Great

Jones
Davis
Butts
Otten
Wilson
Poke
Stengle
Mcadam

Serviceable

Mchenry
Fog
Sauce
Hamill
Scholl
Gibbs

Horrid

Knight
Hunter

And whilst his game wasn’t horrid... Himmelberg should be left in the sanfl for that horrible last shot on goal. That was absolutely pathetic. Surely he would’ve known that even a point would put the game out of West’s reach.. then he goes and shanks it out of bounds. Hopeless. If he wants to be an regular AFL player, especially as a FF, he better learn how to kick before he puts his hand up for another game in the big league. Geezuz.. even I could’ve kicked, at a minimum, a point from there.
Odd as he's usually a very good kick, but yep disappointing

We’ve never managed players, I doubt we’re starting now.
Well we have rested players under an injury cloud or no rushed them back, so there has been a change in selection policy this year.

Great

Jones
Davis
Butts
Otten
Wilson
Poke
Stengle
Mcadam

Serviceable

Mchenry
Fog
Sauce
Hamill
Scholl
Gibbs

Horrid

Knight
Hunter

I thought Gibbs was better than servicable: he played on the ball throughout and was very involved with clearances and tackles, including a bit of composure.

Jones was very good, but made several very bad rookie mistakes that were rather costly: stupid Taila-like short kick in defence, straight to oppo, and at least two unaware HTBs.

I thought Gibbs was better than servicable: he played on the ball throughout and was very involved with clearances and tackles, including a bit of composure.

Jones was very good, but made several very bad rookie mistakes that were rather costly: stupid Taila-like short kick in defence, straight to oppo, and at least two unaware HTBs.
Gibbs extracting work was A grade.

I can honestly tell you I haven’t even looked at the stats sheet - I am going by the eye test.

I acknowledge that McHenry had a different role today. He had an absolute shocker doing it Pete, he really did. Couldn’t even hold tackles, which is normally his strength. It was surprising to see.

As for Davis, look, there were AFL qualities in Wigg too, but that doesn’t always get you an AFL game. I definitely do see some good qualities in Davis, but his kicking today was a real letdown.

As for his future, Davis is no hope of getting an AFL game this year, and I can’t name anyone under 30 years of age on our senior list who is more likely to be delisted at the end of this season than Ben. That’s unfortunately where he sits right now.

My understanding is that Poholke’s contract goes until the end of 2020. That saves him.

McPherson is highly rated internally, has had less time on the list than Davis, and will be cut some slack due to his injuries. He’s safe.

Davis - I’m not 100% sure but I believe he may be out of contract this year. If that is the case, I think he’ll need at least a couple of Douglas, Jacobs, Betts, Otten to retire (or a flurry of trade activity) to get another year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back