Rumour Are we going to lose Brett Ratten?

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
Why isn't he winning a flag?

You can't argue with everyone's opinions then say yours is just an opinion.

I'm.happy with my Intel regarding Ratten. Cheers.

Will he win a flag? No idea. No guarantees.

Is he more likely than Scott?

No one has the slightest.

But you can't go around dismissing other people's opinions on him when you yourself have no factual argument to prove otherwise.
I actually can. There are no rules.

Aug 30, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
On the rumours board someone mentioned in an unrelated thread that Rats is seen as a bit of a risk because he loves the punt. They implied more than a casual punt & he may have or at least had gambling issues. I’m not sure if that would come into the decision making process or not though.

I can see positives in both Rats & Scott. Rats brings with him Clarko IP & is an experienced senior & assistant coach. Scott has performed quite well as a senior coach & I absolutely love him in the media. He gets on the front foot with issues relating to & impacting his club & is far from passive/meek like our current coach. I think we need a strong off field leader to take us forward & Scott is just that IMO.

VDS66

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
On the rumours board someone mentioned in an unrelated thread that Rats is seen as a bit of a risk because he loves the punt. They implied more than a casual punt & he may have or at least had gambling issues. I’m not sure if that would come into the decision making process or not though.

I can see positives in both Rats & Scott. Rats brings with him Clarko IP & is an experienced senior & assistant coach. Scott has performed quite well as a senior coach & I absolutely love him in the media. He gets on the front foot with issues relating to & impacting his club & is far from passive/meek like our current coach. I think we need a strong off field leader to take us forward & Scott is just that IMO.
Unsubstantiated rubbish.

Let's pick our next coach based on his media persona...

Last edited:

Mikka84

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 9, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Well unlike some who magically think ratten will get us a flag well I think no one coach will get us a flag with the current list. I don’t get the messiah ratten stuff. Still rather Scott if richo goes.
There’s no possible way we win with this list. But I think the list and that includes coach needs fleedreshing for next phase. That next phase means, King, Bytel, Clark & co lead the charge up the ladder with another highly rated kid and hopefully a gun FA or trade..

I’m looking 3-5yrs away now. Not next year.. that’s where a change needs to compliment.

Jun 4, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda

you'd hope he loves loves a punt if we want him to take over this list :/

There’s no possible way we win with this list. But I think the list and that includes coach needs fleedreshing for next phase. That next phase means, King, Bytel, Clark & co lead the charge up the ladder with another highly rated kid and hopefully a gun FA or trade..

I’m looking 3-5yrs away now. Not next year.. that’s where a change needs to compliment.

The depressing thing is you're right we stuffed up the rebuild post 2011 and now just have to build around the skeleton of what we have that's good. Please beg the club to get a recruiting guru in. If we draft like we have been it will rival the 80s for lack of finals.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
The depressing thing is you're right we stuffed up the rebuild post 2011 and now just have to build around the skeleton of what we have that's good. Please beg the club to get a recruiting guru in. If we draft like we have been it will rival the 80s for lack of finals.
One word. Pelchen. That is all.

Agree its 3-5 years to get where we need to be

Well unlike some who magically think ratten will get us a flag well I think no one coach will get us a flag with the current list. I don’t get the messiah ratten stuff. Still rather Scott if richo goes.
Where has one person said Ratten will get us a flag ?

My dad. Sorry can’t find the post though. I will keep looking.
Thought it was a fair question, you stated that people were saying ratten will get us a flag and he was a the messiah.
I hadn't seen anyone say that and think most just think he would be a better option then what we have now

I think so.. unfortunately things didn’t pan out for our fist rebuild plan. We didn’t get the FA we craved and the likes of Paddy, Goddard & co for whatever reasons aren’t there pushing this crop on. It’ll be the next wave ( hopefully ).
I think its a reset with the new coach, we also have been a bit unlucky with Robbo - Carlisle - Steven & Hannebury that would hurt most sides
I also strongly believe we need to have a good look at our development program

Mikka84

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 9, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
I think its a reset with the new coach, we also have been a bit unlucky with Robbo - Carlisle - Steven & Hannebury that would hurt most sides
I also strongly believe we need to have a good look at our development program
Pretty much same thoughts as me mate.

Back