Are Geelong unbeatable?

Where will Geelong finish this year?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude I actually don't care what you have to say because to me "Go North" are irrelevant in this topic.

It was entirely relevant. After what we did to you the other week blind Freddy could see what Geelong were going to do.

Tigs ain't playing finals

The Eagles are still the team to beat and remain that way until they mathematically can't make finals (or are eliminated in the finals).

GWS have beaten Geelong so they are beatable. Richmond showed how to restrict their scoring, they just fell off a cliff in the second and third quarters!

It'll be an Eagles v GWS gf this year!

Out of Eagles, GWS and Collingwood it's GWS I fear the most, they have the most talented team going around, they move the ball better than anyone else and they seem to be adapting to the MCG more than previous years. Next it's the Pies, they are a fantastic team, have the best midfield in the game, have the hunger from last year and seem to be getting things done in 2nd gear, I fear by the time finals come they will have the perfect build up of form. WC worry me the least from a Geelong point of view, they are a great side it's just we match up better against them then GWS or Collingwood, beat them this year, were beating them in Perth last year until we ended up with a 1 man bench in the last qtr and they ran over the top of us. Yeah sure WC can beat us but I'd back the Pies and GWS to do it first.

In any event it's difficult to get really optimistic about September after years of finals failures regardless of how our home and away season is going, I think most long time cats fans felt the same way in 07, wouldn't believe it until they actually held up the cup.

^ you mean the game where we dominated three out of four quarters last year?

Geelong v Westcoast match up well.

The real team of differentiation this year is GWS because of their midfield and line breaking ability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll give you 2 1/2 qtrs, we had full momentum of the game until we were left with the 1 man bench in if I recall quite warm conditions. https://www.afl.com.au/match-centre/2018/3/wce-v-geel

Hey Richmond also won 2 qtrs of football last night.

It was entirely relevant. After what we did to you the other week blind Freddy could see what Geelong were going to do.

Tigs ain't playing finals
Love how you "Go North" fans have some obsession with Richmond. It's quite sad to be honest, well your club is pretty sad all together so not suprised. Funny how you keep going on about last week. Jesus its like you lot won the GF!!. If thats what gets you off then good for you. I know it will be tough to make finals with the personal we have put at the moment however it will be interesting to re visit this in 3 moths time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Won't be us this year. Might not be the Cats either though. Finals you always **** the bed.

Different side playing a different way. But by all means pretend and hope for otherwise all you like. Won't matter to us.

WC have proven that they definitely are a great side. They've proven they know how to get it done in close games, they've proven they know how to come back when they seem to be down and out, they have clutch players on every line and we're sitting top 4 after a slow start with quality players yet to come in and we're just finding form. To write off the eagles again would be nothing but stupid.

Also proven themselves to be more than a bit suspect this year. Winning one flag doesn't make you a great side either. Get it done again this year or one of the next two and the discussion can be had. Good side I'm not putting a line through. But not great and not a side I'm especially worried about compared to GWS and Pies this year.

Different side playing a different way. But by all means pretend and hope for otherwise all you like. Won't matter to us.
Doesn't bother me if Cats win. If Richmond don't win it makes no real difference to me it's all the same opposition.

There are Cats fans on your board who have upgraded to Premiership memberships to guarantee a GF ticket, and one poster booked flights to avoid the price rise. That type of overconfidence can end badly.

Doesn't bother me if Cats win. If Richmond don't win it makes no real difference to me it's all the same opposition.

There are Cats fans on your board who have upgraded to Premiership memberships to guarantee a GF ticket, and one poster booked flights to avoid the price rise. That type of overconfidence can end badly.

Lol. Complaining about what opposition fans do/say on their own forum. As said they booked flights to avoid the rise. If we don'y make it they have a cheaper trip to Melbourne for a bit. Not everyone can just attend easily and if they don't think about and organise for it now they won't have another chance.

Lol. Complaining about what opposition fans do/say on their own forum. As said they booked flights to avoid the rise. If we don'y make it they have a cheaper trip to Melbourne for a bit. Not everyone can just attend easily and if they don't think about and organise for it now they won't have another chance.
What was my complaint? Just pointing out the confidence.

Also proven themselves to be more than a bit suspect this year. Winning one flag doesn't make you a great side either. Get it done again this year or one of the next two and the discussion can be had. Good side I'm not putting a line through. But not great and not a side I'm especially worried about compared to GWS and Pies this year.
I'll take a slow start to the season after winning a flag, it comes with the territory. We suffered a few bad losses last year as well in our flag year, we tend to lose interest from time to time but we win almost all the close games, with the only ones we've lost in the last 18 months being when we had several injuries to key players. Let a big win in round 6 at gmhba while missing players cloud your judgement if you so wish, we never play well there and if we play you again it'll likely be at the MCG where we haven't lost a game since 2017.

Despite the slow start to the season we're coming into form and we've shown our best to be the best in the last 18 months when it comes down to it. We've easily accounted for Collingwood 3 times on their home deck in the last 10 months, 4 times total, and beaten the giants 3 times in the last year as well. Very rarely can a team play at the level Geelong have been for an entire season and maintain it through finals as well, your own team in 2008 is a testament to that. WC know how to win when it matters and are building towards the finals, we'll have Naitanui and Barrass back in the side by then as well so put us below the pies and giants at your own peril.

Won't be us this year. Might not be the Cats either though. Finals you always **** the bed.
How were the Tigers in finals in the preceding years to 2017?....Every year is different & being a Tigers fan I would of thought you would know that better than most.

I'll take a slow start to the season after winning a flag, it comes with the territory. We suffered a few bad losses last year as well in our flag year, we tend to lose interest from time to time but we win almost all the close games, with the only ones we've lost in the last 18 months being when we had several injuries to key players. Let a big win in round 6 at gmhba while missing players cloud your judgement if you so wish, we never play well there and if we play you again it'll likely be at the MCG where we haven't lost a game since 2017.

Despite the slow start to the season we're coming into form and we've shown our best to be the best in the last 18 months when it comes down to it. We've easily accounted for Collingwood 3 times on their home deck in the last 10 months, 4 times total, and beaten the giants 3 times in the last year as well. Very rarely can a team play at the level Geelong have been for an entire season and maintain it through finals as well, your own team in 2008 is a testament to that. WC know how to win when it matters and are building towards the finals, we'll have Naitanui and Barrass back in the side by then as well so put us below the pies and giants at your own peril.
Most of what you say here is spot on, the Eagles are in a prime position to give it another crack this year, no doubt... But the part where you say ‘Very rarely can a team play at the level Geelong have been’ is not correct.... Prior to last night our preceding month of footy had been very patchy, made to look better through efficiency & still winning. We are by no means a stand out team atm, simply one of about four teams who look like true contenders ( alongside the Eagles, Pies & Giants ).

What was my complaint? Just pointing out the confidence.
Are you seriously going onto the Geelong board and reading the Geelong threads and then coming over here to say that Geelong supporters are being over-confident? You support ******* Richmond, worry about your own backyard. If you think the insufferable Richmond supporters were anything but over-confident then you seriously have rocks in your head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back