Chris Scotts quarter time speech

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Who are the 9 to come out of tonight's side?
Nank > Soldo
Astbury > Garthwaite
Riewoldt > Balta
Short > Naish
Ellis > Higgins/Rioli
Lambert > Graham
Ross > Butler
Rance > Townsend

Would be a possible start.

Broad, Butler, Balta, Higgins are probably the fringe players that would rotate based on the matchup on current form.

Conan Troutman

Premiership Player
Aug 23, 2005
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Nank > Soldo
Astbury > Garthwaite
Riewoldt > Balta
Short > Naish
Ellis > Higgins/Rioli
Lambert > Graham
Ross > Butler
Rance > Townsend

Would be a possible start.

Broad, Butler, Balta, Higgins are probably the fringe players that would rotate based on the matchup on current form.

Interestingly, Geelong had 10 players different compared to their line-up in the Round 20 game vs Richmond last year...

Henderson > Taylor
Bews > Stewart
Cunico > Clark
S.Selwood > Atkins
Fogarty > Miers
Menzel > Rohan
Abbott > Stanley
Menegola > Dahlhaus
Thurlow > O'Connor
J.Jones > Ratugolea

2 of which are no longer at Geelong (Menzel and Thurlow).

Narkle, Cockatoo, Constable, Z.Smith missed both games.

Nankervis
Jack
Rance
Astbury
Ellis
Lambert
Short
Broad

Ross has proven he is beyond his years and clearly best 22 I'd argue as well. That's my 9.
Jack Ross named twice? Lol and Broad was dropped so not best 22. Wasn't Ellis also dropped earlier this season?

Feb 2, 2011
Hell
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Indiana Pacers, Celta Vigo, LA Rams
Except they'd come off an 8 goal prelim final annihilation, were an old team and lost the best player in the league for essentially nothing for the 2011 season.

8 goals is selling it short. We were down 80+ points before the Pies took the foot off and focused on going into the GF healthy.

Oct 16, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
In all fairness Richmond are severely undermanned and I think we’ve been rather fortunate in when we have had to play other sides.

In saying that I’m absolutely wrapped with our intent/desire this year. The big test is our traditional loss after the bye game.

Chris Scott is going brilliantly this year and always gets underrated in the public due to that ridiculous ‘easy premiership’ assumption.
His peers rate him which is important.

Turboman1994

Club Legend
WCE Wings Guernsey
Jul 24, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Recent Finals record aside he’s in the top echelon. Does help he is the coach of a very well run organisation in footy heartland with Cook and Wells at the helm.

Giant Pete

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 17, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
Exactly, people have rewritten history on 2011. Most people thought geelong would drop a bit after getting smacked in the 2010 prelim.

He’s done an excellent job to keep them up there but they are obviously a very well run club in general
AA on every line and tonnes of experience. They could have won it by themselves.

Attachments

• 96234391-BB99-44F9-812E-859565EFE93B.png
    96234391-BB99-44F9-812E-859565EFE93B.png
    332 KB · Views: 143

Giant Pete

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 17, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
Then why did the same team but with the greatest player you've ever seen aswell not do so in 2010?
This kind of crap is revisionist at best and ignorant at worst.
Ummm... because they had an off night?? Are you saying you didn’t have a great team in 2011? How many from the 2011 team were AA at some point in their career?

Duskfire

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 30, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Geelong
It's weird the way his 2011 flag is discounted. Geelong looked shot in the 2010 finals and seemed a fair way off Collingwood and St Kilda going into 2011.

I’m a pretty optimistic supporter and I thought Geelong was gone. Just lost their coach, Captain, and best player all in one off season. Got smashed in the previous finals. But apparently everyone at the time but me (and my friends who also thought similar) thought Geelong were a shoo in for a premiership.

Back