Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Still bashing this Possessed album to death.

Beers at the Shoppo Hotel pokies tonight to celebrate a week off, * off home now to get the sounds of early 80's new wave rock out the ears.

FYI, a local band worth checking out called the Radio Sun are playing here on the 15th..

Beers at the Shoppo Hotel pokies tonight to celebrate a week off, **** off home now to get the sounds of early 80's new wave rock out the ears.

FYI, a local band worth checking out called the Radio Sun are playing here on the 15th..

Heading to the Shoppo Sat night with a mate. Budweiser always on the menu when we go to this place - it’s become a tradition. It’s funny coz every time he slams the first bottle down on the table he ALWAYS yells ‘Budweis’ exactly like Mortuus in the song 503.

Loves his Marduk, does my friend.

dwwaino More updates on the Batushka ****-show. :D Bart won an appeal overturning the injunction put on the band by Drabikowski. So looks like full steam ahead for fake Batushka (and they're getting roasted on Facebook). :D

Does Bart even pay attention? Haha may have won in court but he lost this war. No one cares for his version.

Heading to the Shoppo Sat night with a mate. Budweiser always on the menu when we go to this place - it’s become a tradition. It’s funny coz every time he slams the first bottle down on the table he ALWAYS yells ‘Budweis’ exactly like Mortuus in the song 503.

Going to see a band or just the tab below there?

Haha that's awesome!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I read that last December the campaigners at CUB started brewing Budweiser under licence and that as expected, it tastes nothing like Budweiser. The Dan Murphys reviews are scathing. Decisions like this always bewilder me. When I drank beer I was a bit picky (probably an understatement), but I always found Budweiser to be a 24/7 beer. A beer a snob like me probably shouldn't have enjoyed, but did. It never tires your palate, it doesn't bloat you, it is easy to drink when hungover, it doesn't kill you the next day, it is easy to drink etc.

I read that last December the campaigners at CUB started brewing Budweiser under licence and that as expected, it tastes nothing like Budweiser. The Dan Murphys reviews are scathing. Decisions like this always bewilder me. When I drank beer I was a bit picky (probably an understatement), but I always found Budweiser to be a 24/7 beer. A beer a snob like me probably shouldn't have enjoyed, but did. It never tires your palate, it doesn't bloat you, it is easy to drink when hungover, it doesn't kill you the next day, it is easy to drink etc.

Yeah it just works.

The last case of Budweiser we bought was brewed in the UK and imported here. We haven’t fallen for that since. Brewed here is even less appealing.

Nowadays, we always check to ensure we are buying the imported stuff, especially Heineken.

Yeah huge difference with Heineken. Who falls for it?

I reckon plenty of people probably do. You need to check the fine print. Exhibit 1 below ‘brewed in the UK’.

61bad5fb669090a087ed0175473a6747.jpg

I reckon plenty of people probably do. You need to check the fine print. Exhibit 1 below ‘brewed in the UK’.

61bad5fb669090a087ed0175473a6747.jpg

No doubt but I don't get it. Taste gives it away everytime on all these 'brewed under licence' beers. Asahi Superdry from Japan, China, Thailand and UK tastes like four different beers pretty much.

Necrophobic - The Nocturnal Silence. Might switch onto some Bonnet related material shortly to warm up for he show. Night games.....Dancer.......Island in the Sun.....All Night Long.......Since You've Been Gone........Stand in Line. Some big hits there Dee Snider.

Graham Bonnet show was really good. Current guitarist killed it and looks like David Vincent doing a Ritchie Blackmore impersonation. His name is Joe Stump. Set went for about 135 minutes. Other than no Dancer I was happy with the setlist. Surprised that wasn't played (I left during last song and am pretty certain there was going to be no encore).

I've only tried Budweiser once & thought it tasted like homebrew, it must have been a UK or local counterfeit. On US Lager, got a Brooklyn Lager 6'er the other day, a great drop. As for local, I recently tried new Coopers Premium which was good too.

Went to Knox on a whim today, and walked out with Mayhem - Live in Jessheim, and Live in Sarpsborg (both with the Necrobutcher-Hellhammer-Euronymous-Dead lineup). Also got Ordo ad Chao, Burzum - Filosofem and Vader - The Empire to fill a couple of gaps (more like gaping holes) in the collection.

In the mood for cheese after all that, so Blind Guardian - Nightfall in Middle Earth came on.

Went to Knox on a whim today, and walked out with Mayhem - Live in Jessheim, and Live in Sarpsborg (both with the Necrobutcher-Hellhammer-Euronymous-Dead lineup). Also got Ordo ad Chao, Burzum - Filosofem and Vader - The Empire to fill a couple of gaps (more like gaping holes) in the collection.

In the mood for cheese after all that, so Blind Guardian - Nightfall in Middle Earth came on.

Found Burzum at a shop? Surely they'll be picketed now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back