Past #13: Jared Polec - delisted end '21 - redrafted w/ #1 in '21 RD - re-delisted end '22 - 42 NM games/20 NM goals

Remove this Banner Ad

I think North has added a string to Polec's bow that he never knew he had. Working inside traffic just as well as outside, and also having a strong defensive edge to his game thanks to his running ability.

At Port you'd rarely see Polec tackle once, or break a tackle or take his man on. He'd always just be the outside receive, which he excelled at but made him a one note player.

North has done extremely well to round out his gamestyle to being a complete matchwinning type player.

I think North has added a string to Polec's bow that he never knew he had. Working inside traffic just as well as outside, and also having a strong defensive edge to his game thanks to his running ability.

At Port you'd rarely see Polec tackle once, or break a tackle or take his man on. He'd always just be the outside receive, which he excelled at but made him a one note player.

North has done extremely well to round out his gamestyle to being a complete matchwinning type player.
He was always good inside and outside. He is great at moving through traffic.

His defensive running and effort is what was lacking at Port

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Feels like he’s starting to settle into his role/place in the squad now, understanding where his teammates want the ball, how and when they’re capable of releasing it to him etc.

I think he’s got about 30-40% room for improvement on his current output

As I said in the autopsy thread, he consistently opens up the game with 25-30 metre kicks to dangerous spots. Very smart footballer.

One of the few blokes in our side who should be allowed to execute "deft" kicks.

Been criminally underrated this season. Top 5 BnF for mine.

A top quality contribution between the arcs today.

14th in the comp for kicks
13th in the comp for metres gained

He's been great, but I do think he's still got another level or two to go to.

I've been working all day so the only thing I saw was that roost that went oob. But yes very impressed so far. He reminds me of David King with his hunger to make things happen with ball in hand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bryan Brown was very good in Dirty Deeds. Underrated movie.

He's been good in alot of movies. There is one where he plays a cop while this bloke is driving a car with someone in the boot to a pre determined location.

Edit - its called Cactus.

I’ve gone back and reviewed all of his goals this year and it’s actually astonishing.

2 Bris - 1 set shot from 50m out on the right boundary, one running shot from the left boundary
1 Haw - Set shot right in front from 40m
1 Ess - Snap from the left pocket
1 Port - Running shot from the right pocket, tightest of angles
1 Geel - Tight snap from a set shot
1 Syd - Set shot from the fence to put us within a kick
1 WB - Under pressure snap from 35 around his body to seal it
1 Rich - Running shot AWAY from the goals to the left boundary
1 GC - Running shot from 50 on the left boundary

7 of his goals have been darts from the boundary that literally no one else on the list could pull off on a regular basis. The bloke is a ******* ridiculous kick and is on track for a 23 disposal avg. season with 20 goals to his name. Worth. Every. Cent.

You don't rate Dumont? You've kept that quiet mate.

He's just an honest accumulator mate, and if you're honest with yourself you'll acknowledge that.

He's not quick, nor is he damaging with his disposal. Bailey Scott has both of those attributes and will eventually take his wing.

I'm not stating that Trent won't make future sides, but I reckon he has limited time as a wingman.

He's just an honest accumulator mate, and if you're honest with yourself you'll acknowledge that.

He's not quick, nor is he damaging with his disposal. Bailey Scott has both of those attributes and will eventually take his wing.

I'm not stating that Trent won't make future sides, but I reckon he has limited time as a wingman.
I see where you're going with this. The one positive we do have though is two wingers that work hard. They both cover a lot of ground including getting back.
Froggy isn't damaging and another Polec would be deadly but atm he's no liability either.

I see where you're going with this. The one positive we do have though is two wingers that work hard. They both cover a lot of ground including getting back.
Froggy isn't damaging and another Polec would be deadly but atm he's no liability either.

Of course, I'm not claiming Trent has no value at all as a player, and I have commended him on his ability to work hard and become a consistent battler in the side. I'm not claiming he's not in any future sides either, I am just commenting about his wing spot.

I'll ask you this because I know you don't automatically revert in to a black and white analysis of things.

Do you see Bailey at 22, or Froggy at 27 on the opposite wing to Polec?

It's Bailey all day long for me. Will Walker will have legitimate claims ahead of Trent also. I can see Trent going in to the inside rotations.

Of course, I'm not claiming Trent has no value at all as a player, and I have commended him on his ability to work hard and become a consistent battler in the side. I'm not claiming he's not in any future sides either, I am just commenting about his wing spot.

I'll ask you this because I know you don't automatically revert in to a black and white analysis of things.

Do you see Bailey at 22, or Froggy at 27 on the opposite wing to Polec?

It's Bailey all day long for me. Will Walker will have legitimate claims ahead of Trent also. I can see Trent going in to the inside rotations.
Now Frog. Not too distant future Bailey depending on who we recruit with our coin.

"Need to sort out the other wing" suggests it's an immediate issue, which it clearly isn't. I've no doubt Scott is probably on that wing in a couple of years, but right now Dumont adds a lot more defensively and if anything balances out the wings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back