Autopsy Autopsy vs Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Disappointing last three quarters, goal kicking (again), sloppiness with the ball, inefficiency going forward, and defence generally. Can forgive a lot in the conditions and being down a good player from so early but the fierce commitment of the last couple of weeks wasn’t quite there.

Not going to dwell on it though - the first quarter was great and it was good to take the win away. And my biggest positive was that the best quarter was built on some fantastic work from young players - Thomas, LDU, Turner, Simpkin, Zurhaar and Larkey all contributed a lot in the first half hour.

I didn't mind the win. I felt the boys were going half pace after quarter time. Still had more of the ball, more inside 50s, more tackles and more of just about everything. Slippery conditions contributed to poor execution.

29 scoring shots to 17 suggests it could have been a thrashing.

I wish nothing but misery for the GC franchise. Horrible colours, crap crowds, crap song, given everything by the afl and I can’t wait until they are shipped to Tassie. They are that fake, the Tasmanian’s wouldn’t want them anyway.
I was thinking the same. At best it was a 50/50 crowd split. At worst north out numbered. That's saying something.
This club has got generations to go before it becomes a real club.
Just an endless hole of AFL dollars.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Going to get flogged by some people for saying this, but Tarryn shares a very strong trait with Bont.

Over 90% of his touches ended up as a score and about 80% of them were contested.

Any idiot can stand in 15 meters of space and can have a score involvement and assist - this bloke is winning it under pressure, at the coal face and is still ripping teams open.

Granted today we played against a bucket of piss, but this is the third or fourth time this year that his dozen and a bit touches have really done damage.

He will legitimately kill sides if he has 20 touches one day. Freak footballer.

Didn't rain until the third. Was very light too

I was just basing that comment on the broadcast; boundary rider Cam Mooney said it was dry until quarter time when there was "enough rain to start making it slippery".

Is Higgins going to be out for a while with that injury?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Regardless of how well one could think we did undermanned when injuries hit and the weather had an effect, factors though they may be, that aside I still think the effort was ****.

It was 3 quarters of pure unskilled, lazy workrate. I'm appalled by anyone who can take more positives than negatives from this game. It was dreadful. Suns were absolutely terrible and if it weren't for that first quarter, despite how terrible they were they still threatened us, throw in the umps turning in their favour a bit and it only made the game even more frustrating to watch than it already was.

We had a real oppurtunity after that absolutely woeful second quarter to turn things around and put the sword to the neck and really boost our percentage. But no, North fell asleep at the wheel the whole time and in the end couldn't crack 100 points yet again when percentage was there to be won, which if the club is fair dinkum about making the eight, I promise you; it WILL factor into the end of season.

Yes it was great to win, but this was no convincing win, it was no top 8 side win, it was a lazy North win that we honestly had little right to win.

McDonald was terrible. Goldstein fumbled and turned it over all day when working around the ground. Brown was missing all day from shots where he would normally nail them, Dumont was sloppy, Ats was falling over himself, Marley seemed asleep, Zurhaar just couldn't impact the game and it goes on and on.

Only ones I liked was Tarrant, he was superb, Tarryn Thomas was really getting loose in a few quarters and once again everything he does is sensational. Despite the misses on goal I like Woods game he was the most threatening forward out there, his drift across the face marks were very good. Cunnington was a colossus in the middle going at it again and Ziebell did a good job to keep himself in the game for his 200th.

Happy for North to get a win as usual but this was a very frustrating, almost unpleasant win, a complete contrast to last week where we played the best footy we have played in years.

Big game next week, Shaw will face his true test taking on a raging Giants outfit in our supposed 'fortress' where we coughed up a loss due to how lazy we were against Sydney.
Old habits are returning in some. It always happens.

As already stated great first quarter, then average from then. But in some ways to have a fairly flat 3/4 and still win comfortably is an okay outcome. I have seen many losses from this position in the past. Regroup move on for GWS.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back