Fan threatened with eviction from MCG for barracking too loud

Remove this Banner Ad

Whilst I think it’d be a pretty pathetic thing to get banned over, some of the **** the bogans spew at the footy is appalling. Go scream at a TV at home if you want to carry on like a pork chop. You’d get kicked out of a pub for screaming at the staff like an immature flog, why not the footy?
How are you comparing umpires to staff?!

Can’t comment on that because I haven’t seen those games, but I’m sure she wouldn’t be alone. Umpiring has generally been atrocious. So what now, the AFL are introducing 4 field umps as a trial ? Is that correct? So that’s potentially 4 different rule interpretations going on in one game? What a mess!!
She isn't alone, but where the other umps give away soft free kicks she is giving away free kicks that aren't even remotely close to a free kick.

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.870588)]Eleni Glouftis made much worse decisions than Nicholls but ........[/COLOR]

Eleni Glouftis made much worse decisions than Nicholls but ........

All a bit puzzling to me. After all, we call the granny "the big dance". We watch players on "the big stage".
Its as much theatre as it is a sport. And theatre invokes and demands a response from its watchers.
Are pantomimes policed as stringently? Lot of kids in the lock up if so.
Direct threats of violence or overt racism aside, the sport and the event of it needs supporter involvement.
Bald flog. Spare me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it was clearly stated upon entry that abusing an umpire would get you thrown out, welp rules are rules. But I had not heard of this rule being put in place?
In 48 hours it will be afl policy for all grounds.

The incident the other week with the Richmond cheer squad member i kinda agreed with because he was part of an official group that represents the club.

Supporters chucked out for questioning an umpire call or commenting on hair style is nuts. Its sport ffs, its emotional, it was a throw away line.

How the hell did an umpire hear that comment anyway. Doesn't sound like he was in the zone for umpiring.

All a bit puzzling to me. After all, we call the granny "the big dance". We watch players on "the big stage".
Its as much theatre as it is a sport. And theatre invokes and demands a response from its watchers.
Are pantomimes policed as stringently? Lot of kids in the lock up if so.
Direct threats of violence or overt racism aside, the sport and the event of it needs supporter involvement.
Bald flog. Spare me.
Of course he didn't call him a flog, he called him one of these
1559997234006.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back