Review Round 12 - Adelaide Crows vs GWS Giants @ Adelaide Oval, 7:40 AEST 8 June 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

24 - 7 free kick count

absolute f#*#ing bulls#*t

bulls#*t
bulls#*t
BULLS#*T
Only one side pulled it in, only one side had prior opportunity.

Frustrating but not why we lost - we lost because of Adelaide's pressure and our poor excuse for a "zone".

The guy has proven himself in the past games in the season. Tagging without being a dh about it. Unlike two Freo players that immediately come to mind.
He still manages to go forward and help with a goal and has been a great extra mid in and around the packs.
Sour grapes because your footy dept let him go?

I was happy we let him go. Enjoy.:D

24 - 7 free kick count

absolute f#*#ing bulls#*t

bulls#*t
bulls#*t
BULLS#*T

1st half I wondered about the ‘not 15 play on’ for the Giants but at that stage, we were chipping the switch around continually, ineffectively down back.
Interested to ask you all if that continued and was it applied fairly to both teams?

We deemed him not good enough years ago and yet you blokes have so much talent in the midfield but prefer to play him to stop an opposition player rather than win the ball. Playing into the opponents hands. But carry on, it’s working a treat.:rolleyes:
That’s only been this season.
He proved his worth last season not playing in a tagging role, whenever he was in the side.

I'm staring to worry about Mumford if he is going to run out the season.
Finlayson played his worst game for the season.
I don’t know enough of the ruck rules as I’d like but he’s getting pinged a lot.
Finlayson needs an attitude discussion. Noticed that for the first half, that I saw, but no second effort and was demanding the ball kicked to where he wanted it like a Prima Donna.
I hope he’s not happy himself with his showreel when he sees it back on the weekend.

Only one side pulled it in, only one side had prior opportunity.

Frustrating but not why we lost - we lost because of Adelaide's pressure and our poor excuse for a "zone".

It's time to look at a change of coach/s & strategic direction.

If this keeps up, we're going to witness the most talented group that never delivered.

Plenty didn't play their best tonight; several players will be disappointed with their show reels. Perhaps coaches too. I thought Leon did make tactical changes that made a difference, but not everything worked and ultimately they were unsuccessful.

I don’t know enough of the ruck rules as I’d like but he’s getting pinged a lot.
Finlayson needs an attitude discussion. Noticed that for the first half, that I saw, but no second effort and was demanding the ball kicked to where he wanted it like a Prima Donna.
I hope he’s not happy himself with his showreel when he sees it back on the weekend.
Mummy is a shorter ruckman (199cm) with little to no leap. Often resorts to holding opposition rucks out of the contest and this can look bad if opposition are much weaker than him or get taught by coaches to milk for frees given Mummy's poor reputation. Against ruckman much taller than him or those too athletic, will get absolutely destroyed either by giving away frees or by his lack of reach. Today, O'Brien just jumped over him and was too agile. Mummy's usual strength and aggressiveness didnt shine today either. We dont really have a good matchup for that kind of ruckman at the moment and it is critical one of Flynn or Briggs start stepping up to the plate. Briggs looks the goods given his tapwork last year and mobility in the forward line this year - however, I suppose Flynn will be the next in line to get a chance.

Strange from Finlayson today. Thought he turned a new leaf in the first 11 rounds. Was not switched on and clearly lost the plot within the first 5 minutes of the first quarter. Given confidence and continuity is such a big thing for him (like Patton in my opinion), really hope this performance doesnt derail the great start to his season like it did last year after he got mauled by Buddy.

I'm staring to worry about Mumford if he is going to run out the season.
Finlayson played his worst game for the season.

Massive concern for me as well. Tommo was not even competitive when pinch hitting tonight. I hope Preuss gets pissed at playing VFL and asks for a trade at end of season, I think our mids play best with that big bodied ruck around them.

No we wern’t. That was a massive armchair ride for us with the umps. I wouldn’t be too worried if I were you. We played out best game for 18 months and fell over the line against you guys who looked miles off your best.
To say the crows got an arm chair ride by the umps is crap, The game was umpired well and had no impact on the result, It wasn't like we just fell over the line either. We took the game by the scruff when the game was in the balance and probably should have won by more. I do agree that GWS fans shouldn't be too worried with the loss and will still be major players in September, They were beaten by a crows team that are building nicely and will be hard to beat for the rest of the year.
Did you put money on GWS?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To say the crows got an arm chair ride by the umps is crap, The game was umpired well and had no impact on the result, It wasn't like we just fell over the line either. We took the game by the scruff when the game was in the balance and probably should have won by more. I do agree that GWS fans shouldn't be too worried with the loss and will still be major players in September, They were beaten by a crows team that are building nicely and will be hard to beat for the rest of the year.
Look at the umpires and their frees.

Pretty obvious one had a hard on for the Crows.

IMG_20190609_082532.jpeg

It's time to look at a change of coach/s & strategic direction.

If this keeps up, we're going to witness the most talented group that never delivered.
1st paragraph- my opinion, and a few others, yes well past time.

Paragraph 2- Would say that's on the Suns as their group didn't even make finals.

As for our group, half you Vics only just found out Shiel can't kick and most still think our NEAFL side are all 1st rounders.

Sooo I wouldn't say most talented ever.

Mummy is a shorter ruckman (199cm) with little to no leap. Often resorts to holding opposition rucks out of the contest and this can look bad if opposition are much weaker than him or get taught by coaches to milk for frees given Mummy's poor reputation. Against ruckman much taller than him or those too athletic, will get absolutely destroyed either by giving away frees or by his lack of reach. Today, O'Brien just jumped over him and was too agile. Mummy's usual strength and aggressiveness didnt shine today either. We dont really have a good matchup for that kind of ruckman at the moment and it is critical one of Flynn or Briggs start stepping up to the plate. Briggs looks the goods given his tapwork last year and mobility in the forward line this year - however, I suppose Flynn will be the next in line to get a chance.

Strange from Finlayson today. Thought he turned a new leaf in the first 11 rounds. Was not switched on and clearly lost the plot within the first 5 minutes of the first quarter. Given confidence and continuity is such a big thing for him (like Patton in my opinion), really hope this performance doesnt derail the great start to his season like it did last year after he got mauled by Buddy.
I love this post. Saves me writing up the same. Most rucks these days can just run away from Mumford when the ball hits the ground, leaving us down that player.

I also realised what bothers me about our zone as well - most zoning teams do it to ensure a contest for every kick, so they tighten up to force the spillage when an opponent enters the gaps, with everyone else sliding over a touch to cover the movement.

We play a very static zone which allows relatively easy completions in the gaps so it is basically just a speed bump to chip through before they get one on ones in our defensive 50. Thankfully our defenders are some of the best in the league in that situation but it is a poor setup and if the opponent is front-running they can get players to the fall of the ball and lock it in.

1st paragraph- my opinion, and a few others, yes well past time.

Paragraph 2- Would say that's on the Suns as their group didn't even make finals.

As for our group, half you Vics only just found out Shiel can't kick and most still think our NEAFL side are all 1st rounders.

Sooo I wouldn't say most talented ever.
St Kilda, 0-3 in GFs with dominance across all lines.

Or Essendon at the turn of the century - historically dominant team with only a single premiership.

I'm sure there's more before that too. Short term memories only on BF.

I love this post. Saves me writing up the same. Most rucks these days can just run away from Mumford when the ball hits the ground, leaving us down that player.

I also realised what bothers me about our zone as well - most zoning teams do it to ensure a contest for every kick, so they tighten up to force the spillage when an opponent enters the gaps, with everyone else sliding over a touch to cover the movement.

We play a very static zone which allows relatively easy completions in the gaps so it is basically just a speed bump to chip through before they get one on ones in our defensive 50. Thankfully our defenders are some of the best in the league in that situation but it is a poor setup and if the opponent is front-running they can get players to the fall of the ball and lock it in.
I’ve noticed that we will often have 2 players defend against 1 ball coming into an attacker. This leaves 3 opposition players (1 under) the ball drop and 2 loose for the crumb.

Sheedy always loved that zone at the Dons and he brought it to GWS.
I have seen it work elsewhere as you suggest, ours seems too confused.

On our kick outs, teams are killing us just by manning up. We don’t at the other end and the ball comes back out too easily.

Thank the gods we have Davis and Haynes.
Taylor was good but seemed to have a run with role last night.

A game that got away I think.

Look we lost this in the 1st quarter fwds good and the end of the 4th, but geez....

I hear there was an incorrect disposal called in the game. This should’ve been the second.
Any excuse? No prior maybe?
I’m confused. Seems calls and non-calls each week.

Lol. Im a neutral and there were two interpretations for everything all night. The Adelaide interpretation and the the GWS interpretation. The umpiring was disgraceful. Your ridiculous bias doesn’t change that.

Lol. Im a neutral and there were two interpretations for everything all night. The Adelaide interpretation and the the GWS interpretation. The umpiring was disgraceful. Your ridiculous bias doesn’t change that.
The crows were too good and your rediculous opinion doesn't change that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back