Unofficial Preview Changes/pre-match discussion vs GWS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr north man

Premiership Player
Mar 12, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
No McMillian please put him in the VFL let him find form.
Promote maybe Ahern Hayden how did Hosie go kick any goals.
But luck for Hall if the leg is broken can see him put in Delisted situation or maybe re rookied?

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Dumont is only biding time at the moment, and I couldn't give a toss how many stats he gets. I can't see LDU having a blinder next week either. They're the only two I would look at swapping out. Ahern to come in.

If J-Mac's fit he'll take Durds spot.

May 8, 2003
Hamish Paradise
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Islanders, Nuggets
Dumont is only biding time at the moment, and I couldn't give a toss how many stats he gets. I can't see LDU having a blinder next week either. They're the only two I would look at swapping out. Ahern to come in.

Durdin didn't do much. But no howlers and needs a run of games.

amaz199

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Concerned we might not have the legs to win this one.

Both teams travelling back, hope it is a slog so GWS cannot spread from the contest, it helps our contested ability and conserves our running capacity a bit.

The wind will be a huge factor in this game once again.

I think Dumont bring a lot to the mix myself. Every player atm is my favourite but I think he’s going well and certainly not bottom 4.

Hard to pick a bottom 4 tbh but this week will help.

Durdin didn’t do much at all but I feel like we need to give the guy 3 minimum to see if he can grab his chance .

Quintero

All Australian
May 16, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
River Plate
Out; Higgins, Dumont, Thompson
In; Ahern, Hayden, Hall.

amaz199

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Ahern for Higgins.

I would give Durdin another crack and see if he can have a better impact or nullify his opponent. Need to see if our successors are actually going to be successors.

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne

He ain’t biding his time, he is well and truly entrenched in the 22. His disposal has been off for the last month but so has Higgins and a number of others.

Currently there is no one in the side or on the list who covers the ground as well as him, and there is also no one capable of playing a defensive wingman role like he has at stages this year.

It’s funny how you be so critical of Dumont yet you go into bat for McDonald, McMillan and Turner when they have been severely out of form.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Keeping Durdin in really makes sense this week.

Adelaide played three key defenders in Keath, Talia & Hartigan...they really nullified the key talls in Finlayson, Himmelberg & Cameron.

One of the usually gets off the chain because most teams are under sized against them.

Only one change required

Out: Higgins (AC joint)
In: Ahern

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

Kanga26

Draftee
Jun 8, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If Hall was not injured he probably would have been a more like for like for Higgo. But Ahern should be in for sure if Higgo is out. Did Murphy go okay in the VFL? Any chance for Durdin, and Pittard plays on Himmelberg.

Billy Not Really

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2018
Licking windows at the back of the bus.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Ahern is licking his lips at finally getting a crack knowing nobody else can come in as good of a ball user as Higgo, with only Ahern getting close.

Different type of player, so, someone will have to take up Higgos role, closest to it is LDU.

Our midfield vibe will change, Higgins is pretty endemic to the way we play at the centre bounce, Cunnington or Ziebell will have to lead the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back