Papers stamped tonight, Jacobs, Douglas.

Yup. Neither have any business being in our best 22.

Get Jones, or even McHenry (despite having a poor game in the SANFL) in for Douglas. Even Poholke would be a good addition now, though, if we went that route, you'd have to hold onto Myles for a block of games, and look to give midfield minutes too.

Grenville

Club Legend
Apr 25, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
If we are serious as a club, both play out the year in the SANFL and are given thanks for their service end of the year.

Agreed on Douglas, good clubman but time is up.

I know this wont be popular, but I'd be tempted to keep Jacobs as the Angus Graham style SANFL injury insurance Ruckman if is he wants to go on a year for a minimal deal. Obrien has shown plenty and should stay in the side as the #1 ruck moving forward while he's fit and able.
We need to bring in another developing kid now, and that takes time. Assuming Hamish can conjure up a good one, he's still not going to be ready to plug in for injury for a while.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Dougy started brightly, and was one of few who could hit a forward target. Faded really really badly though, he knows he's just about done too. Wouldn't be happy taking up a spot for the sake of it.

Jacobs has just had his career ender, was a warrior but now we have to back ROB all the way.

Aug 5, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Reilly O'Brien guaranteed best 22 for life one game after playing so abysmally for 3 quarters that he turned Max Gawn into one of the most dangerous mobile midfielders in the competition.

treeman

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
Reilly O'Brien guaranteed best 22 for life one game after playing so abysmally for 3 quarters that he turned Max Gawn into one of the most dangerous mobile midfielders in the competition.
He played well against Gawn I think.

He wasn't perfect but better than many have fared against him.

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk

Oct 1, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NFC AUFC MUFC Socceroos
And did better against Gawn than Jacobs did. Twelve months and a back injury later

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
We'll give Douglas another chance unfortunately but it's kind of good in a way that we've got Richmond and Geelong.

Dougie won't be able to have a faux good game to extend his run. One more week, two tops then the club can move forward.

Our selectors won't be able to ignore what ROB did tonight. Coaches' votes will be interesting.

Troy87

Team Captain
Oct 6, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
I watched the SANFL today. Jacobs did some very good things, esoecially in the last qtr but he still looks slow around the ground. ROB must see out the year barring injury or fatigue.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
A brilliant win like that and all you can focus on is the negatives. Good on ya.
ROB is a positive

Wouldn't have happened without the negative part (Jacobs kept in SANFL)

Same with Douglas. Someone new will come in and perform well.

Each negative is actually a positive for the club.

Oct 1, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NFC AUFC MUFC Socceroos
ROB is a positive

Wouldn't have happened without the negative part (Jacobs kept in SANFL)

Same with Douglas. Someone new will come in and perform well.

Each negative is actually a positive for the club.
Brilliant post. It's a major positive we have a very good developing ruckman and have figured it out before throwing away pick one on Grundy. But I don't expect some people to get that.

Back