Toast CrippsWatch 2019

Sensational game. Loved his cheeky smile as the siren went.
Noticed quite a few oppo fans on the Main Board basically saying his smile could light up cities. It's awesome.

Bordertoon

Team Captain
Jun 25, 2017
Bendigo
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Newcastle United, Glasgow Rangers
Crippa’s game yesterday speaks for itself ... well, almost - I just want to highlight two things that grew my opinion of him even further:

1) his goal kicking - how on earth he’s managed to increase his accuracy and reliability so much in such a short time is nothing short of phenomenal. Hopefully this can act as a source of inspiration and motivation for the likes of Dow and Setters, and it speaks volumes for Crippa’s professionalism and mental strength. Imo, it’s a fantastic case of leading by example, because his teammates will surely be aware that Crippa’s goal kicking was not a natural talent, but rather an acquired skill built on the back of hard work.

2) his post-game interview - speaking with Sarah Jones immediately after the game, no doubt with the adrenaline coursing through his veins and a cocktail of emotions rushing through his head, I was hugely impressed by the presence of mind and the character that Crippa showed by paying homage to Bolts. In that moment, I felt that he nailed the mixed emotions that many Bluebaggers will have felt over the past week, while perfectly linking together some regret for the past, huge pride in the present, and real hope for the future. Unlike some (me, for instance), he doesn’t waffle on, but it seems that he possesses the priceless knack of saying exactly what needs to be said, exactly when it needs to be said.

As many other posters have remarked, Crippa’s game today immediately brought memories flooding back of some of Kouta’s legendary performances in the navy blue. So many passages of play will live long in the memory, but I suspect that with the passing of time my personal favourite will be the moment when he ghosted past a helpless looking Daniel Rich (amongst several others) to nail his third goal at a crunch time in the game. Truly awesome stuff from a true captain amongst captains!

NumberEight

Club Legend
Jul 3, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Crippa’s game yesterday speaks for itself ... well, almost - I just want to highlight two things that grew my opinion of him even further:

1) his goal kicking - how on earth he’s managed to increase his accuracy and reliability so much in such a short time is nothing short of phenomenal. Hopefully this can act as a source of inspiration and motivation for the likes of Dow and Setters, and it speaks volumes for Crippa’s professionalism and mental strength. Imo, it’s a fantastic case of leading by example, because his teammates will surely be aware that Crippa’s goal kicking was not a natural talent, but rather an acquired skill built on the back of hard work.

2) his post-game interview - speaking with Sarah Jones immediately after the game, no doubt with the adrenaline coursing through his veins and a cocktail of emotions rushing through his head, I was hugely impressed by the presence of mind and the character that Crippa showed by paying homage to Bolts. In that moment, I felt that he nailed the mixed emotions that many Bluebaggers will have felt over the past week, while perfectly linking together some regret for the past, huge pride in the present, and real hope for the future. Unlike some (me, for instance), he doesn’t waffle on, but it seems that he possesses the priceless knack of saying exactly what needs to be said, exactly when it needs to be said.

As many other posters have remarked, Crippa’s game today immediately brought memories flooding back of some of Kouta’s legendary performances in the navy blue. So many passages of play will live long in the memory, but I suspect that with the passing of time my personal favourite will be the moment when he ghosted past a helpless looking Daniel Rich (amongst several others) to nail his third goal at a crunch time in the game. Truly awesome stuff from a true captain amongst captains!

All off this x 100.

Well when we first drafted him I thought he would be very good, but I likened him to a "Jobe Watson" :$ Thought he'd be a big truck of a player that would be exceptional in the clinches and maybe just be about it.

Happy to say he's gone well past that.

Thing about Crippa that is so satisfying too is he's home grown talent, not some star we paid big for. It's also testament to his individual quality and mindset that despite whatever deficiencies we may have had as a club with talent development, it hasn't affected him. He's willed himself to improve in so many facets of his game it's incredible.

Back