• Kvitova

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bertens

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 8 25.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hope you've learned something tonight. Game was always over. Classic 4-comps-a-year viewer comment
Good call by yourself. Haven't seen vondrousova play much, this tournament but going by her results thought she would've played better. But she got stage fright.

I'm often pessimistic when emotionally supporting a player. Plus you can't say that women's tennis hasn't thrown up some crazy results.

Last edited:
I thought it was a closer match than the scoreline suggested, Vondrousova threw everything at Barty in the second set to try and get back into it but Ash responded to every challenge. Might not have been a great contest for the neutral but Barty was phenomenal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought it was a closer match than the scoreline suggested, Vondrousova threw everything at Barty in the second set to try and get back into it but Ash responded to every challenge. Might not have been a great contest for the neutral but Barty was phenomenal.
Really? Very one sided I though. Vondrousova had nothing that could hurt Barty, didn’t look a threat at all.
Amazing performance by Barty, stepped up on the biggest stage, played a really tight, aggressive match

Getting no support in every match? First time I've heard of that.

Having been to the French Open it’s a weird Slam, fans tend to get behind players that have done well before OR if a player is getting flogged they will try and get a half decent match

I’m with you. Really surprised she didn’t get more support. I’m wondering if Australians are a bit on the nose everywhere else for obvious reasons.
I don't think it's that, just that ash is so understated. She plays matches with minimal fuss, whether she is winning or losing. Doesn't show much emotion, kind of exactly what yous want from an athlete at the top level.

What a champ. I had doubts a year ago that she had the game/strength to win a slam. Was worried her game would max out at a occasional QF type player. Love how wrong I was.

Ash barty. Grand Slam Champion. You little beauty.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Back