Patrick Cripps

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 6, 2011
Goonellebah
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Islanders
We're all waiting for your next insightful post on how cripps has been a disappointment and you decide to play the man and not the ball??!!
What's the point? When anybody who shares an alternative opinion is belittled or accused of having a mental disability or a concussion, it doesn't make the topic very enjoyable to post about. Unfortunately bigfooty isn't what it used to be and the senseless bullying and name calling has a lot to do with it.

And I was simply pointing out the hypocrisy and blatant lies that is becoming the normality among some moderators.

blue_trinity

Team Captain
Oct 28, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Bit of a myth, he kept Ablett to ‘only’ 34 disposals in a game where we beat them comfortably in 2010.

Not really. Ablett is on record saying it, so that parts not a myth.

Joseph held Ablett to ‘only’ 21 touches in his 3rd game.

Come rd 19 that year he went to him again, Ablett had it 24 times and his lowest dt score of the year.

Ablett did have it 33 times the third time they lined up on each other however.

Jan 31, 2007
In N Out
AFL Club
Carlton
Only 10 times in the AFL era. 38 & 4

Cripps and kouta are 2, who are the other 8?

Greg Williams 38 & 4, 39 & 4, 53 & 6 (and a bunch more btw 30-36 & 4+)
Leigh Matthews 41 & 11, 38 & 7, 38 & 7 (and a bunch more btw 30-36 & 4+)

I don’t know the others, but Kouta, Diesel & Matthews is esteemed company indeed.

Blue1980

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 9, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
What's the point? When anybody who shares an alternative opinion is belittled or accused of having a mental disability or a concussion, it doesn't make the topic very enjoyable to post about. Unfortunately bigfooty isn't what it used to be and the senseless bullying and name calling has a lot to do with it.

And I was simply pointing out the hypocrisy and blatant lies that is becoming the normality among some moderators.

Name these times where he has gone missing which he does too often on your view.

I will make it easy for you, it’s been the gws and essendon games, that is all.

If that is going missing ‘too many times’ you hold him to a pretty ridiculous standard.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Name these times where he has gone missing which he does too often on your view.

I will make it easy for you, it’s been the gws and essendon games, that is all.

If that is going missing ‘too many times’ you hold him to a pretty ridiculous standard.
I think after a while people just refuse to reply.. If people don't want to have open discussion they should just open a thread in their own board with no opposition supporter written on it.

blitzer

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 27, 2006
House
AFL Club
Essendon
Whilst it was a great individual effort the truth is a few players have torn Brisbane apart individually this year. Just off the top of my head we had the young Rozee with 21 disposals and 5 goals and Tippa with 20 disposals 7 goals, They are pretty vulnerable in defense when things aren't going their way.

I personally don't regard Cripps as the best in the comp and I see this performance as being a clear outlier to his normal level in much the same way that Rozee and Tippa ain't putting out those performances each week either (in fact neither has gotten close). Cripps has actually been pretty ordinary the last month, starting with getting dominated by De Boer where he only get 12 touches, then he had a reasonable game 28 touches vs Saints and then got destroyed by a 2nd gamer, being held to only 11 touches whilst Clarke racked up 24. You wouldn't say any of those games were even AA calibre, 2 of them were downright terrible.

Frankly if he was the best in the comp off his last month, it would be a pretty s**t comp. This is just normal reactionary stuff. If he regularly goes on and puts in massive performances from here then sure maybe he can get to that level but right now its way more hype than actual performance.

Aaron Joseph absolutely blanketed Garry Ablett in his hey day - to the point where Ablett was on record saying that he was the most difficult opponent he’s had.

You’d be right in thinking “who?”

The man, the myth the legend

Worm4

Premiership Player
May 14, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Whilst it was a great individual effort the truth is a few players have torn Brisbane apart individually this year. Just off the top of my head we had the young Rozee with 21 disposals and 5 goals and Tippa with 20 disposals 7 goals, They are pretty vulnerable in defense when things aren't going their way.

I personally don't regard Cripps as the best in the comp and I see this performance as being a clear outlier to his normal level in much the same way that Rozee and Tippa ain't putting out those performances each week either (in fact neither has gotten close). Cripps has actually been pretty ordinary the last month, starting with getting dominated by De Boer where he only get 12 touches, then he had a reasonable game 28 touches vs Saints and then got destroyed by a 2nd gamer, being held to only 11 touches whilst Clarke racked up 24. You wouldn't say any of those games were even AA calibre, 2 of them were downright terrible.

Frankly if he was the best in the comp off his last month, it would be a pretty **** comp. This is just normal reactionary stuff. If he regularly goes on and puts in massive performances from here then sure maybe he can get to that level but right now its way more hype than actual performance.
Lol. Name me a player who performs at optimum level every week, for an entire career.

Worm4

Premiership Player
May 14, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Greg Williams 38 & 4, 39 & 4, 53 & 6 (and a bunch more btw 30-36 & 4+)
Leigh Matthews 41 & 11, 38 & 7, 38 & 7 (and a bunch more btw 30-36 & 4+)

I don’t know the others, but Kouta, Diesel & Matthews is esteemed company indeed.
Diesel had a 41 and 2 against Melbourne in 1993 and couldnt get 1 measly brownlow vote

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ambrosia

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 11, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon

Frankly if he was the best in the comp off his last month, it would be a pretty **** comp. This is just normal reactionary stuff. If he regularly goes on and puts in massive performances from here then sure maybe he can get to that level but right now its way more hype than actual performance.

Yeah they struggle defensively. Look they used Lyon to play on Cripps a bloke who got dropped regularly from the GC because of his poor defensive efforts.

BigFrizz36

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 20, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton

So he is to be judged solely on the period of upheavel at carlton where both he and the club were struggling with some harsh realities. You conveniently leave out the previous performance against the pies that had treloar and sidebottom raving and the fact that he was leading the coaches award at that time.

90N90S

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
4th in the 2018 Brownlow in a team that won 2 games.

Crippa has been good for a few years now, last years 4th in the Brownlow in a team that has been s**t for a long time shows just hot good he is.

Yesterday was the best individual performance since Kouta in the 95 final and Hird against the Eagles.

Was lucky enough to be at the game yesterday.

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United, Juventus,
You guys should try it, I know many Essendon supporters who would advocate for the same outcome with Worsfold.

I'm very pleased with what happened.
I want Worsfold gone but if any player deliberately played that way to get him sacked I’d march them out the door at seasons end. Absolutely gutless

BigFrizz36

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 20, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton

I suspect that you believe that big footy isnt what it used to be because you could just troll carlton and sos incessantly and a heap of posters would just join in.
Quite a few of the less myopic press and most of the carlton fanbase believe that we are about to emerge from a dark period and that patrick cripps is leading that charge. It might be a false dawn in which case you can return to your previous trolling and be happy again.
However if you genuinely believe that Patrick Cripps goes missing when the game is on the line and that he is part of the reason carlton are where they are on the ladder your football knowledge is deplorable.

Blue1980

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 9, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
I suspect that you believe that big footy isnt what it used to be because you could just troll carlton and sos incessantly and a heap of posters would just join in.
Quite a few of the less myopic press and most of the carlton fanbase believe that we are about to emerge from a dark period and that patrick cripps is leading that charge. It might be a false dawn in which case you can return to your previous trolling and be happy again.
However if you genuinely believe that Patrick Cripps goes missing when the game is on the line and that he is part of the reason carlton are where they are on the ladder your football knowledge is deplorable.

I think sos has done a lot of abysmal things and our club has been a shambles.

Cripps is not in anyway part of the problem

Nov 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I'm genuinely shocked that a moderator sees it to be within his powers and duty to openly bully and belittle a poster for having an alternate opinion to his.
Having an alternate opinion is fine.

You are a troll, that's the difference. If you want to be taken seriously by the adults, grow up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back