Oppo Camp Non Eagles AFL discussion thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Actually if we lose Adelaide will go above us next Friday night coz theyll beat Richmond.

Adelaide have a much easier run home too.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

According to champion data Adelaide have got he fifth hardest draw from here on and the Eagles have the fifth easiest. Btw they also say that we’ve had the hardest draw to date.

Who has the hardest draw?

According to champion data Adelaide have got he fifth hardest draw from here on and the Eagles have the fifth easiest. Btw they also say that we’ve had the hardest draw to date.

Just going through it Adelaides looked relatively comfortable.

Just saying.

I reckon they're moreof a chance of top 4 than Rich.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Good to see Geelong have a soft draw. Will be talked up every round.

Doing my ladder predictor I have them not making the pre-lims.

Another West Coast vs Collingwood Grand Final. How awesome would that be. But this time Naitanui, Gaff & Sheppard will be in the team.

Another West Coast vs Collingwood Grand Final. How awesome would that be. But this time Naitanui, Gaff & Sheppard will be in the team.
OK, so Geelong smashed Richmond yesterday but lets not forget that North Melbourne ( whose coach was sacked) belted them the week before.
So not sure how much you can write into Geelong being a monster chance at the flag.

I hope you’re right but I don’t know how Geelong have managed to have one of the easiest drawS up till now and from here on the still have one of the easiest draws. If I was a conspiracy theorist I would say they’ve been gifted top spot by the AFL

I hope you’re right but I don’t know how Geelong have managed to have one of the easiest drawS up till now and from here on the still have one of the easiest draws. If I was a conspiracy theorist I would say they’ve been gifted top spot by the AFL
0e740ee5e40199ed97df186c1b4e835f

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They bowed out of finals in wk1 last year, which put them in the fixture bracket below the hardest. They fall of hawks and swans who they double up against helps them.

They bowed out of finals in wk1 last year, which put them in the fixture bracket below the hardest. They fall of hawks and swans who they double up against helps them.
Yep, it comes down to the teams they double up against but things are always much tougher come finals and hopefully they won’t find it so easy.

More score review drama, this time the decision not to review. Don’t know if that’s hit the post.

Boy oh boy, they just cannot get this right. Surely the AFL has the resources to install 4K cameras that are mounted for these very things? There’s only, what, 10 regular AFL venues max?

The old argument used to be it wasn’t a good investment for the amount of times it’s used. EPL had a similar argument with goal line tech, that it was only used a couple of times a season. But.. after the last few weeks I’d say it’s worth every bit you’re paying for it. Especially when they’re going out and spending half a mil designing a new ****ing logo. 4K cameras and a bunker at the minimum. Either have quality or don’t have it at all.. it’s as much of a chook lotto as the umpires deciding themselves.

I agree - I see no real standouts at this point and the flag race is still wide open. My point was Geelong is no super team, they are playing well for now but let's see what September brings.
It was just for jokes (but I see what you're saying).
But seriously, 11-1 is pretty impressive. And they've been blowing teams off the park, us included. Top spot is done and dusted.

It was just for jokes (but I see what you're saying).
But seriously, 11-1 is pretty impressive. And they've been blowing teams off the park, us included. Top spot is done and dusted.

I had us finishing top doing the ladder predictor. I expect Geelong to lose a couple in the back end. Some tough games against Port & Crows over the next two games, then playing Freo in Perth and a few risk games against Bulldogs, Hawks, Brisbane, StKilda & North - All who could take them on their day.

The Port & Crows games will give us an indication of where they're really at IMO.

Officials on high alert!! You might wonder what was said....

"Bald headed flog"
Just read this story on another site, the AFL is doing their best to run this game into the ground. Seems like they'd prefer us to sit in the stands and politely golf clap every piece of play, good or bad, probably even their sh|tty video review decisions. This one goes on to say that a Richmond cheersquad member got banned for 3 games for calling the umpire a green maggot. : https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/c...-nicholls-ng-350caca1a066364641de93227e735fa8

Just read this story on another site, the AFL is doing their best to run this game into the ground. Seems like they'd prefer us to sit in the stands and politely golf clap every piece of play, good or bad, probably even their sh|tty video review decisions. This one goes on to say that a Richmond cheersquad member got banned for 3 games for calling the umpire a green maggot. : https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/c...-nicholls-ng-350caca1a066364641de93227e735fa8

Conflicting stories Re the tigers one isn't there? Possibly started with an "f" not an "m" for "maggot".

Conflicting stories Re the tigers one isn't there? Possibly started with an "f" not an "m" for "maggot".
I hadn't heard that but hopefully it's the case (not that hopefully he called him that but if he did it's a more fitting punishment).
To me it just feels like the AFL are sucking the fun out of the game, it's become so bland. I'm not advocating for people being allowed to yell out racist/sexist/homophobic slurs but I think if someone's being kicked out for calling the umpire a flog then we have a real problem.

I hadn't heard that but hopefully it's the case (not that hopefully he called him that but if he did it's a more fitting punishment).
To me it just feels like the AFL are sucking the fun out of the game, it's become so bland. I'm not advocating for people being allowed to yell out racist/sexist/homophobic slurs but I think if someone's being kicked out for calling the umpire a flog then we have a real problem.

Depends, if you keep directing torrents of abuse at umpires (even if it's not racist or sexist or homophobic) and the AFL and the stadiums and the clubs let it slide - why would people want to become an umpire?

I always believe that if you pay peanuts, you get monkeys, and if you're paying umpires a pittance to cop abuse every weekend then the best will do something else and the standard of umpiring becomes even more poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back