Prediction How Long Will JENKINS Remain Dropped?

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree, if he had played better it would have been a better game, but that's not insightful. He didnt kick the shots.

It was not a 'good' game. He had only marginal impact for most of it, and for extended parts was a net negative. He did as much to impact our nearly losing through missing and not competing in the second as he did to assist winning in the fourth.

As i said, rated out as our second worst player.

Yeah not sure his game was bad infact presented exceptionally well something we have been missing

"In his first AFL game since Round Four, Josh Jenkins collected 16 possessions and two goals.

The big forward had seven marks, six hit-outs and four groundball gets in the forward-50, presenting as a forward target 10 times, equal-ninth in the round across the league."

Off the AFC website

I agree, if he had played better it would have been a better game, but that's not insightful. He didnt kick the shots.

It was not a 'good' game. He had only marginal impact for most of it, and for extended parts was a net negative. He did as much to impact our nearly losing through missing and not competing in the second as he did to assist winning in the fourth.

At least he got himself into those position, unlike the crap he was delivering before he got dropped.

There can’t be any question he was influential in the last. 3 big contests created goals for himself, Lynch and Betts.

And yet the Player who came last for the Crows has been rated in the best players in several media publications,
Don't use the player stats to select a team or Judge a player, they good for the odd discussion but one should not hang the hat on them.
Just Curious do you know how they get those rating.

And yet the Player who came last for the Crows has been rated in the best players in several media publications,
Don't use the player stats to select a team or Judge a player, they good for the odd discussion but one should not hang the hat on them.
Just Curious do you know how they get those rating.

The information in terms of the method is publicly available- google it yourself.

Unless you're asking me for the algorithm formula itself.

At least he got himself into those position, unlike the crap he was delivering before he got dropped.

Against one of the worst teams in the league?

He 'got himself in position' against the Kangaroos as well. He just missed, because he couldnt be bothered lining up properly from the goal line. He did similar this game. I'm not sure what the improvement really is.

Against one of the worst teams in the league?

He 'got himself in position' against the Kangaroos as well. He just missed, because he couldnt be bothered lining up properly from the goal line. He did similar this game. I'm not sure what the improvement really is.
Agree, he needs to work on his left foot snaps.....the North one he did was way worst as it was after a mark, both the left foot snap he did against Melbourne were under some pressure.
Mind you Melbourne weren't playing like a bottom team, it was their "last" chance to play finals.

If JJ keeps playing like that he'll easily be best 22. Sometimes he'll get on the end of a few goals or maybe more, sometimes he may not, but as long as he's playing in front and he's showing the effort that he did Saturday night he's earning his place.

Agree, he needs to work on his left foot snaps.....the North one he did was way worst as it was after a mark, both the left foot snap he did against Melbourne were under some pressure.
Mind you Melbourne weren't playing like a bottom team, it was their "last" chance to play finals.

The snap against North Melbourne was worse perhaps than the snaps in this game, but the set shot he missed in the second quarter of this game was as bad a miss as any you'll see.

I'm not sold that Melbourne were good, indeed I think the fact that they're very bad is the only reason we won.

The snap against North Melbourne was worse perhaps than the snaps in this game, but the set shot he missed in the second quarter of this game was as bad a miss as any you'll see.

I'm not sold that Melbourne were good, indeed I think the fact that they're very bad is the only reason we won.

They're not great but they always play out of their skins against us (like how Port used to play against Hawthorn). We match up poorly on them, which doesn't help.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We didn't help our-self by giving them huge confidence by applying virtually no pressure on them in the 1st half. Their confidence were down and we gave them the best chance to beat us with a 5 goal head start.

No doubt, we should have lost that game and given what we dish up this season where we meekly fold in winning position, I didn't think we would even try to fight back especially with our best player Sloane out after the 1st quarter and down to 1 rotation for 3 quarters playing in 27 degree.

Himmelberg after a quiet first half showed in the second what a tall KPF is supposed to do.

This was his third game.

Jenkins can talk up his Seagull goals all he wants, but after watching Himmelberg he should be embarrassed and shut his mouth because he ain’t getting a game for a while.
Reckon JJ coming back in has saved us not sure you know football

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Absolutely can not play these two in the same team every again. Even jenkins looks a better player when Tex isn't in the team. If you had to choose between the two you would obviously choose Walker every time. Jenkins plays out his career in the SANFL unless Walker gets injured.
Nsh reckon you wrong mike

JJ is worse than EH, he’s not a ruckman that you rush back. I’m not saying Pyke won’t, we know he loves experience, but if you need to beef up your ruck area, JJ isn’t in the convo. And he was good last year, but 5his year he’s returned to his full time downhill skiing ways. EH makes us a better team, that’s just a simple fact.
Simple fact hey

They’ve got a huge advantage against ROB and JJ. Swapping EH for JJ changes nothing. But rucks are overrated anyway, premiership teams do just fine without 2 strong rucks. The last thing we need is a non-competing forward in a game where our mids aren’t handsomely on top. We’re a better side with JJ out and Himmelberg in. You’re living in the past.
I disagree i think we were better with him in

Remove this Banner Ad

Back