Toast Sam Walsh Rnd 4 Rising Star Nominee

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if I’ve previously made my thoughts on Sam clear enough.

So I’ll try again. Here’s the simplest way I can say it:

He’s having the worst season he will ever have. 25 possessions a game....2nd in B+F.

Absorb that.

The only query I have is whether he'll be a 35 or 40 or 45 possession per game player in his prime. It's a tough call.

The industry raved about his ability in his draft year so we all had the preamble but to actually experiance the poise and maturity of this modest young professional to achieving the best result every game is just amazing.

He’s having the worst season he will ever have. 25 possessions a game....2nd in B+F.

Absorb that.

If you are going to sarcastically criticise Walsh, then you have to allow me to sarcastically criticise you sarcastically criticising Walsh.

It's the unalienable legal right known as 'You started it'.

Last edited:
There were some people Laphroaig :moustache: who doubted his ability to carry through the level of his JLT form into the season having to cop AFL developed players each week...started with a burst , slowed a bit a for a few weeks and came in today and just went BOOM.

Cripps played two legendary quarters, Ed played an absolute blinder playing back in his usual position on Neil and smashing him and Walsh knocked Ed off ...I don't think any other mid at Carlton can play to Walsh's level on display today...gone past all the 3-4 year players already I reckon..

How good must Rozee and the Richmond kid be to even be mentioned in the same sentence? How good was that draft- Stocker @19 is looking pretty good himself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absorb that.
Receptio.... brea.... u....

Seriously, tell us what you really think??

I’m with ya

32 touches, 14 contested, 6 clearances, 12 marks, 5 inside 50's, 81% efficiency.

12 GAMES of AFL footy

Just let that sink in for a minute …..

32 touches, 14 contested, 6 clearances, 12 marks, 5 inside 50's, 81% efficiency.

12 GAMES of AFL footy

Just let that sink in for a minute …..
We'd be happy with those stats from Crippa. This dude is just a kid. Ridiculous.

I guess the knock was always whether there was tons of improvement. But screw that. He's already awesome, he doesn't need to improve. If he played at his first year level for 12 years he'd have a fine AFL career.

He will improve, though. He'll be playing in the Tom Mitchell, Lachie Neale sort of possession space very soon, and for a long time.

Jack Lukosius or something.

Of course there's plenty of time for the talls, but in the GC games I've watched, the same thing that had me start to doubt him a little last year is showing up this year, in that he's not particularly aggressive. I see it in Blakey but haven't yet seen it in Lukosius. Too early I know. Just an observation.

Knightmare may well still have the last laugh, but it's interesting that he recently still had Smith, Rowell and Anderson either on par with or ahead of Walsh.
He had two ahead and one on level terms as far as his 'power-ranking' went.
Not sure why I keep referring to him actually, as there's plenty of others whose opinions and forecasting stacks up much better....maybe the visibility.

Of course there's plenty of time for the talls, but in the GC games I've watched, the same thing that had me start to doubt him a little last year is showing up this year, in that he's not particularly aggressive. I see it in Blakey but haven't yet seen it in Lukosius. Too early I know. Just an observation.

Knightmare may well still have the last laugh, but it's interesting that he recently still had Smith, Rowell and Anderson either on par with or ahead of Walsh.
He had two ahead and one on level terms as far as his 'power-ranking' went.
Not sure why I keep referring to him actually, as there's plenty of others whose opinions and forecasting stacks up much better....maybe the visibility.

I harbour the same concerns. He's superbly talented but just a nice guy on the field. The best players are not nice on the field, even Weitering has a nasty edge.

Some of these intangibles scouts just don't consider and it is a blemish on them.

Walsh is fiercely determined on the field.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back