Our next coach

Who should be our next coach?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how many does Teag have to win to get the job? 5/11? Play BD after a bye next wekk, he could get two on the trot ... may only need 4 out 10.

So how many does Teag have to win to get the job? 5/11? Play BD after a bye next wekk, he could get two on the trot ... may only need 4 out 10.

It's an interesting question. Wins will count for something, as will team performance, development and player attitude. He's building his resume and in the end it will come down to who his competition will be. I don't think this selection panel will be as crazy brave as the last one.

So for those that called for Bolton’s sacking - after watching 1st quarter v Lions it is evident he was not the problem. Getting rid of him has destabilised the club again. We are so far behind the rest of the competition it is just not funny. We will finish last for the next 2 years at least in my opinion and Cripps will leave. He is the only one with self belief. I believe the talent is there but the whole club is full of very weak leadership. MLG must go as he would be a good president for the Nagambie FC, but not an afl club. We need to bring in people who have been involved in success in footy teams. Right now it’s a serious basket case and although I was positive under Bolton - getting rid of him was not the answer and will set us back another 3 years.

We got so conditioned to a bad start meaning we were stuffed under Bolton we just assumed business as usual.

Funny when a coach makes change it can also change the course of a game.

So for those that called for Bolton’s sacking - after watching 1st quarter v Lions it is evident he was not the problem. Getting rid of him has destabilised the club again. We are so far behind the rest of the competition it is just not funny. We will finish last for the next 2 years at least in my opinion and Cripps will leave. He is the only one with self belief. I believe the talent is there but the whole club is full of very weak leadership. MLG must go as he would be a good president for the Nagambie FC, but not an afl club. We need to bring in people who have been involved in success in footy teams. Right now it’s a serious basket case and although I was positive under Bolton - getting rid of him was not the answer and will set us back another 3 years.
Post has aged like warm milk

If Teague can beat:
Dogs, Melbourne, GCS, Saints, Sydney

That puts us on 7 wins for the year. He'd have to be a good consideration.

We also play Dockers and Adelaide (depending on how they play they aren't impossible) which are harder opponents but chance for an upset

We also have Richmond who knows what injuries and how their form will be.

We may even get lucky against Geelong if they have top spot wrapped up and rest a couple (Dreaming)

Here's hoping the kids can show fight and effort like yesterday and Teague can keep them fired up.

If Teague can beat:
Dogs, Melbourne, GCS, Saints, Sydney

That puts us on 7 wins for the year. He'd have to be a good consideration.

We also play Dockers and Adelaide (depending on how they play they aren't impossible) which are harder opponents but chance for an upset

We also have Richmond who knows what injuries and how their form will be.

We may even get lucky against Geelong if they have top spot wrapped up and rest a couple (Dreaming)

Here's hoping the kids can show fight and effort like yesterday and Teague can keep them fired up.

Keep going HD, and we’ll make the 8 #daretodream ;)

When you don't like the character of a coach and you're losing, you can't wait to see the back of them.
Bolton was a terrific person for the CFC and as much as we didn't want to say we wanted to see him go, I feel most were quietly happy to see him ousted.
Nothing wrong with that and fortunately the CFC pulled the trigger without too many rumblings nor fuss.

No idea who the next coach may be, but feels like Ratten & Lyon (at this stage) may be in the clubs sights.
I know we've heard that Roos may have tipped his hat into the ring, but I don't know. Just can't see the connection
Also can't see Voss or Scott at our club. It just looks wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keep going HD, and we’ll make the 8 #daretodream ;)
Haha
I'm just saying that it was only a little while ago I couldn't see us winning more games this year. Now looking at how all those teams are travelling winning 5+ games for the year isn't unachievable.

Even more of a shame we dropped the GC, Hawks game.
The saints was a winnable one too...

Haha
I'm just saying that it was only a little while ago I couldn't see us winning more games this year. Now looking at how all those teams are travelling winning 5+ games for the year isn't unachievable.

Even more of a shame we dropped the GC, Hawks game.
The saints was a winnable one too...
Completely agree HD, and prior to the tumultuous events of last Monday, I too was struggling to see where our next win would come from, and was envying those who thought we’d pick up as many as 5 wins in the second half of the season. It’s not only politics where a week is a long time!

When you don't like the character of a coach and you're losing, you can't wait to see the back of them.
Bolton was a terrific person for the CFC and as much as we didn't want to say we wanted to see him go, I feel most were quietly happy to see him ousted.
Nothing wrong with that and fortunately the CFC pulled the trigger without too many rumblings nor fuss.

No idea who the next coach may be, but feels like Ratten & Lyon (at this stage) may be in the clubs sights.
I know we've heard that Roos may have tipped his hat into the ring, but I don't know. Just can't see the connection
Also can't see Voss or Scott at our club. It just looks wrong.

My respect as an operator for Liddle has gone through the roof. It was heartbreaking to let such a quality person like Bolts go. But it had to happen & he stood up and pulled the trigger. Ruthless, yet Bolts & the club held onto their dignity.

What I'd like to see: The boys notch up another 4-5 wins and cement Teague's claim as a bona fide senior coach.
Then the club just recruits a suitable mentor for his first couple of years.
Not Walls. All due respect to a club legend, but either his influence was part of the problem with Bolts, he wasn't doing much mentoring or his mentoring wasn't doing much. Either way we need to look for someone else to help another untried senior coach find his way. I'd love to see Parko in that role, if he's up for it.

What I'd like to see: The boys notch up another 4-5 wins and cement Teague's claim as a bona fide senior coach.
Then the club just recruits a suitable mentor for his first couple of years.
Not Walls. All due respect to a club legend, but either his influence was part of the problem with Bolts, he wasn't doing much mentoring or his mentoring wasn't doing much. Either way we need to look for someone else to help another untried senior coach find his way. I'd love to see Parko in that role, if he's up for it.
From memory, wasn't Parko offering some mentoring to Ratten during his time?

Roos said he isn't in the head space to be a senior coach but would be open to Managing and developing people. Could we do something completely different to everyone else. That involves Roos managing the coach and have a game day coach.

No corporate speak in Teagues’s presser. How refreshing
Teague has focused on people, emphasising the importance of self belief and reinforcing this with his belief in them. This absolutely nailed it because the team’s confidence was shot, especially the youngsters.

He has also changed the order of priorities for the players. Before it was team first and sacrificing for the team. Now it’s about focusing on individual performance and performing your role for the team. That might sound a subtle change. but that’s actually a huge change in mindset.

Without these mindset changes no structural or tactical changes would have worked.

Last edited:
Teague. Early call. May have gone to soon. But finding a diamond in the rough, and one of ours, would be comparable to getting a big fish coach. As Lombardi US gridiron sports writer says, just as in life, throwing money at a problem doesn't fix things. You need intangibles, heart, care and buy in. If i were a betting man i would have an each way bet on Teague being there next year. Watch this space. DEEP DOWN I KNOW THAT WE ARE A GUN TEAM WITH YOUNG STARS ON EVERY LINE. THINGS ARE ABOUT TO GO CLICK. LOOK OUT COMP. JUST WATCH THEM. TEAGUE IS THE GOOSE THAT LAID THE GOOD EGG. DA DA DA DA DA WE'RE BACK BABY! WE'RE BACK!

PS: don't forget, we are carlton and, well you know.

# boundbyblue # welcomepaddydowetal #samwalshbrownlowodds2020 #crippskernahanlikecaptain

Carlton should follow Brisbane and employ a man manager like Fagan. David Noble should be considered as he coached Glenelg, assistant at Adelaide and successful football operations manager at Adelaide and Brisbane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back