Unofficial Preview Changes/pre-match discussion vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He ain’t biding his time, he is well and truly entrenched in the 22. His disposal has been off for the last month but so has Higgins and a number of others.

Currently there is no one in the side or on the list who covers the ground as well as him, and there is also no one capable of playing a defensive wingman role like he has at stages this year.

It’s funny how you be so critical of Dumont yet you go into bat for McDonald, McMillan and Turner when they have been severely out of form.

At matches I am always impressed by how hard Dumont works when he hasn't got the ball; he does a lot of hard work that doesn't appear on the stats sheet

At matches I am always impressed by how hard Dumont works when he hasn't got the ball; he does a lot of hard work that doesn't appear on the stats sheet
He plays his role really well, provides a link up when moving forward and works hard to get back and defend when going the other way. Pretty much the CV of a wingman. Not all wingman are going to have five bounces and run like the flash and to be honest most that do (not all) tend to predominantly work one way.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Is Bailey Scott ready to come in any play a role? Maybe VFL watcher can let me know how he has been going since the concussion.

Is Bailey Scott ready to come in any play a role? Maybe VFL watcher can let me know how he has been going since the concussion.

Not really. Needs more conditioning. Come back in 12-24 months time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. You need to watch the game closely and have a decent understanding of it to understand just how good Dumont is in his role. His kicking has deteriorated this season, but we know he is an excellent kick and decision maker. I think it's just a phase in that respect, but his defensive work, his running patterns, his ability to be tough and win the ball inside and out, and his excellent decision making make him an elite winger.

Conditioning isnt really his problem.

Muscular? Yeah, I think it is mate. Especially when you look at the proportionality of his body.

I can see your point if he's out on a wing one on one and can utilise his smarts then, but he's ultimately limited to that position ATM..

Yep. You need to watch the game closely and have a decent understanding of it to understand just how good Dumont is in his role. His kicking has deteriorated this season, but we know he is an excellent kick and decision maker. I think it's just a phase in that respect, but his defensive work, his running patterns, his ability to be tough and win the ball inside and out, and his excellent decision making make him an elite winger.
Doing everything well except kicking.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yep, which is a surprise considering he has been a lovely touch kick in the past. As I said, I suspect he's just goign through a patch with his kicking, as Higgo did earlier in the season.
He hasn't just been missing the odd target either. Grubbing kicks, missing them by 20m, 5m over forward leads heads. Horrible disposal, never seen him kick it this bad.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

He plays his role really well, provides a link up when moving forward and works hard to get back and defend when going the other way. Pretty much the CV of a wingman. Not all wingman are going to have five bounces and run like the flash and to be honest most that do (not all) tend to predominantly work one way.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Nail. Head.

You have an elite winger in Polec on his opposite side who mostly only runs one way, you need to balance that up with someone who is more defensively minded in Dumont.

We trialled hall on the opposite wing at the start of the year and we were getting cut up by opposition outside types because both Polec and Hall aren’t THAT defensively minded.

and Whitfield

1560044377713.png

They haven't mentioned him on the AFL website.

If we can beat them on the rebound without Higgo in the side, then I reckon it would be our best win in years.

Nail. Head.

You have an elite winger in Polec on his opposite side who mostly only runs one way, you need to balance that up with someone who is more defensively minded in Dumont.

Really?!

If you had two Polec's you would play one in the seconds and put Froggy on the other wing?

I got time for your analysis mate, but you're just barracking for a personal favorite at this point.

Really?!

If you had two Polec's you would play one in the seconds and put Froggy on the other wing?

Hall? Hartung? We had options to play that role but we reverted back to Dumont because he is accountable.

Go back and watch the games at the start of the year and see how much of an impact Hall & Polec’s opponents were having.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back