Our next coach

Who should be our next coach?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carlton should follow Brisbane and employ a man manager like Fagan. David Noble should be considered as he coached Glenelg, assistant at Adelaide and successful football operations manager at Adelaide and Brisbane.

Man manager just got outcoached by an aspiring career coach in Teague. I'm not convinced that guys with a background in administration have the tactical acumen to be successful senior coaches.

Teague is in the running if he can win 5 or 6 games including a couple in the last 4 weeks which will indicate he can motivate the players when there is little to play for. I am putting a lot of emphasis on how Carlton hit the line this season. We have been horrible at the back end and it has translated into the following year

Teague is in the running if he can win 5 or 6 games including a couple in the last 4 weeks which will indicate he can motivate the players when there is little to play for. I am putting a lot of emphasis on how Carlton hit the line this season. We have been horrible at the back end and it has translated into the following year
I agree with you about a strong finish helping Teague’s case.

Apart from his first game I also reckon his second will say volumes about him as a coach.

To some extent the first game can be attributed to emotions running high after Bolts left. The second game Teague will own 100%.

Man manager just got outcoached by an aspiring career coach in Teague. I'm not convinced that guys with a background in administration have the tactical acumen to be successful senior coaches.
Give it a couple weeks... Carlton’s win was the new coach syndrome. Looking at the progress of both teams. AFL these days the coach needs to be a man manager where his assistants are the tactical geniuses. Another I would add is Nathan Bassett, his record speaks for himself.

Carlton should follow Brisbane and employ a man manager like Fagan. David Noble should be considered as he coached Glenelg, assistant at Adelaide and successful football operations manager at Adelaide and Brisbane.

Why not give teague the absolute best way to maximise his chances of success this year, by getting him a mentor now. Dont wait for him to fail due to inexperience. lets see the best version of DT NOW. If after the end of the year he has been average- at least we wont be wondering...

Teague. Early call. May have gone to soon. But finding a diamond in the rough, and one of ours, would be comparable to getting a big fish coach. As Lombardi US gridiron sports writer says, just as in life, throwing money at a problem doesn't fix things. You need intangibles, heart, care and buy in. If i were a betting man i would have an each way bet on Teague being there next year. Watch this space. DEEP DOWN I KNOW THAT WE ARE A GUN TEAM WITH YOUNG STARS ON EVERY LINE. THINGS ARE ABOUT TO GO CLICK. LOOK OUT COMP. JUST WATCH THEM. TEAGUE IS THE GOOSE THAT LAID THE GOOD EGG. DA DA DA DA DA WE'RE BACK BABY! WE'RE BACK!

PS: don't forget, we are carlton and, well you know.

# boundbyblue # welcomepaddydowetal #samwalshbrownlowodds2020 #crippskernahanlikecaptain
3 likes. I'm howling on this. This is a 10 plus like post at worst. Lift. And if this post doesn't get 5 I'll spew up

Give it a couple weeks... Carlton’s win was the new coach syndrome. Looking at the progress of both teams. AFL these days the coach needs to be a man manager where his assistants are the tactical geniuses. Another I would add is Nathan Bassett, his record speaks for himself.
What a coach needs is to fit the club, culture and list. Not a predetermined idea just cause some other clubs are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why not give teague the absolute best way to maximise his chances of success this year, by getting him a mentor now. Dont wait for him to fail due to inexperience. lets see the best version of DT NOW. If after the end of the year he has been average- at least we wont be wondering...
He dont need a father figure in the box...he'll be fine.
This mentor stuff is nonsense in my opinion.

Didn’t realise Sanderson was still coaching. Was unlucky to be sacked by Adelaide, but apparently had interpersonal issues with some of the players, and wasn’t well liked.

Roos into Maxwell is an interesting idea.

Amazing that. They don’t like their current coach either apparently. Maybe the playing list is to blame??

Not from what I have seen this week.

Panel to select new coach (not finalised yet) .......

Chief executive Cain Liddle
Head of Football Brad Lloyd
Board Member Chris Judd
Board Member David Campbell (Partner at Egon Zehnder International)
Possibly one other.

No mention of MLo anywhere!

*Selection panel for Malthouse's replacement did not include MLo.

Chris Judd
Steven Trigg
Ken Sheldon
David Campbell
Ange Postecoglou

*Update (I stand corrected)...

Selection Panel:-

MLo
Chris Judd
David Campbell
Cain Liddle
Brad Lloyd

I’d still prefer Ratten and if Teague continues on this path then senior assistant to Ratts and Barker can be thanked for his services and find some new club.

How about waiting until the end of the year? Dogs will be a huge test considering how we beat them up last time. Beveridge must be getting close to getting the boot. I know you get usually get a 5 year grace but they have been terrible since their flag.

After watching Norf's performances in the past 2 weeks, I am forming the view anybody but Scott....and Beveridge.

Every modern day coach is a man manager, in their own way. On that basis you should also look at Gary Ayres. Brilliant record at Port with no money or support that VFL clubs get from their AFL team, and for some reason his name never gets mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back