2nds Swans Reserves 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha for sure.

I’d seriously take some of the academy kids over his first half “effort”!
Just because he couldn’t get the ball, it doesn’t mean he’s not trying. Clearly his persistence has paid off in this half.

Just because he couldn’t get the ball, it doesn’t mean he’s not trying. Clearly his persistence has paid off in this half.

0 tackles in the first half. And it did look like he wasn’t trying, half arse efforts.

His effort 100% better in the third.

Ever played a game where you just couldn’t get there? We’re they half arsed?

This game is hardly an outlier, he has been like this most of the season. He is also a professional footballer probably on over $100k playing at a level that doesn’t hold a candle to the other state leagues. He should be dominating, but he hasn’t been even close to that. His chasing and harassing was very poor in the first half, don’t need to be winning the ball to have an impact in that area.

I was an ok footballer but most of my efforts would have looked half arsed compared to what is required.

This game is hardly an outlier, he has been like this most of the season. He is also a professional footballer probably on over $100k playing at a level that doesn’t hold a candle to the other state leagues. He should be dominating, but he hasn’t been even close to that. His chasing and harassing was very poor in the first half, don’t need to be winning the ball to have an impact in that area.

I was an ok footballer but most of my efforts would have looked half arsed compared to what is required.
He’s never looked that good at NEAFL level. I’m glad you used the word ‘looked’ because that’s exactly what I’m talking about!

He’s never looked that good at NEAFL level. I’m glad you used the word ‘looked’ because that’s exactly what I’m talking about!

Well all I can do is look! Not sure what other senses are available to me?

Not sure I agree he has never looked good. He played two NEAFL games last season which got him into the senior side with ave 21 disposals, 9 tackles, 5i50.

Well all I can do is look! Not sure what other senses are available to me?

Not sure I agree he has never looked good. He played two NEAFL games last season which got him into the senior side with ave 21 disposals, 9 tackles, 5i50.
Played 2 games in the AFL where he averaged 6 goals...let’s make it relative please.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would be good if this thread has a score update and not have to scroll through 2000 posts

SWANS 11.10.76
GWS 14.9.93

Nearly full time

There are apps you can download for score updates :)

It is a forum, posts are kind of the point of the website :p

You’ve misunderstood......

He played only two games in the NEAFL in 2018...... I didn’t cherry pick two games...
But you’re relating to last year, just as I was. Last year and this year are two different things. He’s kicked 3 today, done his job regardless of whether he laid a tackle, taken a mark or pissed on his boots in the dunnies!

Full time score (for bedford):

Sydney 11.10 76
GWS 15.11 101

But you’re relating to last year, just as I was. Last year and this year are two different things. He’s kicked 3 today, done his job regardless of whether he laid a tackle, taken a mark or pissed on his boots in the dunnies!

They are two different things... but his form doesn’t hold a candle to what he produced last year.

And 3 goals doesn’t tell the whole story at all.

Based on the data available
1st quarter 1 disposal, 0 tackles, 1 goal. Goal was pretty fortunate and easy goal
2nd quarter didn’t touch the ball or lay a tackle
3rd quarter 9 disposals, 4 tackles and a goal (his best quarter by far). Goal was from 50, got in good position
4th quarter 1 disposal, 1 goal, 0 tackles, goal off the ground

So got a couple of lucky opportunistic goals, had a great 3rd quarter but was largely missing for the rest of the game.

Won’t be a senior recall on the horizon anytime soon based on that performance.

Well that was always going to be tough, but maybe especially frustrating because I felt we matched them in their intensity despite all the inexperience but just didn't have much class at all.

Wicks and Rowbottom the two clear stand-outs. The only stand-outs really.

In a game where we were already lacking Rose and Stoddart, I was hoping guys like Ronke and Bell would really stand up, and they didn't do a whole lot. Hopefully Ronke getting on the end of a few might give him some confidence. Cameron was another who needed to be better than he was. Really don't know where Cameron and Bell are going tbh.

Hirst looks promising and I thought Foot had his best game for us, worked hard to get around the ground, just needs to get involved more when it matters.

Wicks 34 disposals, 3 Marks, 7 tackles, 8 inside 50, 6 rebound 50 and must have had 10 clearances

Rowbottom 31 disposals, 4 Marks, 6 tackles, 8 inside 50; 4 rebound 50

These two were our best by some margin with Wicks just shading Rowbottom in how clean he was.

Bell got into the game late, Cameron got some ball around the ground and McInerney had some cameos.

Wicks 34 disposals, 3 Marks, 7 tackles, 8 inside 50, 6 rebound 50 and must have had 10 clearances

Rowbottom 31 disposals, 4 Marks, 6 tackles, 8 inside 50; 4 rebound 50

These two were our best by some margin with Wicks just shading Rowbottom in how clean he was.

Bell got into the game late, Cameron got some ball around the ground and McInerney had some cameos.
Knoll ? im concentrating on AJ, he wants another crack and might get it.

They are two different things... but his form doesn’t hold a candle to what he produced last year.

And 3 goals doesn’t tell the whole story at all.

Based on the data available
1st quarter 1 disposal, 0 tackles, 1 goal. Goal was pretty fortunate and easy goal
2nd quarter didn’t touch the ball or lay a tackle
3rd quarter 9 disposals, 4 tackles and a goal (his best quarter by far). Goal was from 50, got in good position
4th quarter 1 disposal, 1 goal, 0 tackles, goal off the ground

So got a couple of lucky opportunistic goals, had a great 3rd quarter but was largely missing for the rest of the game.

Won’t be a senior recall on the horizon anytime soon based on that performance.
Won’t there?

3rd quarter: mr pink cleans up bonar. ronke got into the game a bit. row bottom's disposal letting him down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back