Unofficial Preview Changes/pre-match discussion vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. You need to watch the game closely and have a decent understanding of it to understand just how good Dumont is in his role. His kicking has deteriorated this season, but we know he is an excellent kick and decision maker. I think it's just a phase in that respect, but his defensive work, his running patterns, his ability to be tough and win the ball inside and out, and his excellent decision making make him an elite winger.
Reads the play extremely well, makes good field position to be a vital link in the chain too.

Last edited:
If wanted another Polec type on the wing we would’ve kept Hartung last year.

Billy's kicking and strength in the contest aren't in the same league as Jared. He's quicker than Frog, probably a slightly better kick, but nowhere near as strong in the contest (because he's the size of a flea)

Hall? Hartung? We had options to play that role but we reverted back to Dumont because he is accountable.

Go back and watch the games at the start of the year and see how much of an impact Hall & Polec’s opponents were having.

Aaron was just flat out off the boil. I am not claiming he should have Trent's spot based upon the footy he played at the start of the year.

Scott is 2 years away from taking Froggy’s spot.

Possibly, but the day is going to come.

Is Bailey Scott ready to come in any play a role? Maybe VFL watcher can let me know how he has been going since the concussion.
Puts himself in good spots and covers the ground well. He is a bit light on but seems to play smart. Give him a couple more weeks in the 2's and see him continue to build.

Muscular? Yeah, I think it is mate. Especially when you look at the proportionality of his body.

I can see your point if he's out on a wing one on one and can utilise his smarts then, but he's ultimately limited to that position ATM..
Yeh I agree, he covers the ground well, but needs more muscle, that'll take time. Like what he offers at the moment.

There is a strange obsession for him to be thrown in, more so than any other kid on the list. I don't see it. Not saying he won't get there, but hasn't done enough to warrant a game yet.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't dislike him at all. I watched the game. Had zero impact. He isn't ready for a run yet. Simple. You were calling for him to come into the side to tag Dustin Martin. Who has bias?

So you don't grasp joking, must remember that. Yes his game yesterday wasn't great but it was fair, he has built up a few very good games till this week so that reason enough to give him a go. And yep I'll put my hand up for bias, based on the fact I know a lot more about his footy ability than you. I don 't see the point in bagging out these kids who are still developing, give them time and opportunities when they deserve them

Billy's kicking and strength in the contest aren't in the same league as Jared. He's quicker than Frog, probably a slightly better kick, but nowhere near as strong in the contest (because he's the size of a flea)

Aaron was just flat out off the boil. I am not claiming he should have Trent's spot based upon the footy he played at the start of the year.

Possibly, but the day is going to come.
I think Billy's big problem was his attitude of the field.

So you don't grasp joking, must remember that. Yes his game yesterday wasn't great but it was fair, he has built up a few very good games till this week so that reason enough to give him a go. And yep I'll put my hand up for bias, based on the fact I know a lot more about his footy ability than you. I don 't see the point in bagging out these kids who are still developing, give them time and opportunities when they deserve them
I'm not bagging him out, I'm a realist. He isn't up to afl standard yet. I also pointed out it was hard to make a case for anyone on the back of yesterday's game in the VFL thread. If Higgins goes out then it will likely be ahern. And rightfully so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Much prefer to see McKay in the side than Durdin. McKay has a bright future in the game, Durdin doesn’t. McKay is more physical, shows urgency, and can mark the ball with relative frequency. Durdin has none of these capabilities

Much prefer to see McKay in the side than Durdin. McKay has a bright future in the game, Durdin doesn’t. McKay is more physical, shows urgency, and can mark the ball with relative frequency. Durdin has none of these capabilities
Disagree on the marking aspect. Furthermore, Durdin is a far better (and I mean far. It's not even close) user of the ball and decision maker. He's also more mobile than McKay. I wouldn't say there's a lot between them, but on their respective showing this year in both VFL and AFL, Durdin deserves to be ahead of him.

Disagree on the marking aspect. Furthermore, Durdin is a far better (and I mean far. It's not even close) user of the ball and decision maker. He's also more mobile than McKay. I wouldn't say there's a lot between them, but on their respective showing this year in both VFL and AFL, Durdin deserves to be ahead of him.
Agreed

Yep, spot on. McKay is probably the most disappointing player on the list right now.

Durdin was selected ahead of McKay based on his contract status imo. I can’t see how we offer him another contract if he doesn’t perform at AFL level. If he’s omitted this week and our backline stays injury free he is done unfortunately.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Durdin was selected ahead of McKay based on his contract status imo. I can’t see how we offer him another contract if he doesn’t perform at AFL level. If he’s omitted this week and our backline stays injury free he is done unfortunately.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
He was selected based on form.

Yep, spot on. McKay is probably the most disappointing player on the list right now.

Sadly , this is true.

However - the poor guy had undiagnosed glandular fever at the start of the year and then was out for a while once diagnosed.

I think that type of fever rips your soul out a little so I’m guessing his conditioning and core power is now being worked on to get him back to where he was last year.

I’m confident he will get back there over the next few weeks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back