Who Replaces Peter Gordon -Last Term

Remove this Banner Ad

Optimistic Dog

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I read when Peter announced new board members yesterday he said this will be his last term. I had not picked up on this before maybe it was announced when I was OS.

How long is this term and who should replace him?

If he stood down last time I would have been all for Sue Alberti.

Simon Garlic has just been named as a board member so may put his hand up, and Chris Grant is an obvious candidate.
Is Dimmatina still interested in a board position? He's not one of the new appointees.

I read when Peter announced new board members yesterday he said this will be his last term. I had not picked up on this before maybe it was announced when I was OS.

How long is this term and who should replace him?

I think it's 3 years but not sure. I'm sure PG will have someone ready to step in his shoes

The only existing board member I have had dealings with is Simon Garlic when we was at Leaseplan. Seemed like a nice bloke, but I found him pretty unimpressive in terms of business acumen compared to others I've dealt with at similar levels. However, this was a while ago so he's probably developed since then.

Needs to be someone who has a strong commercial/admin background and a solid understanding of the football landscape.

They also need to be someone who will put onfield success above all else (with the appropriate governance in place).
Whilst the community projects are important, the additional revenue to tackle community projects will flow if we can first maintain a consistent pattern of success onfield. We'll become less reliant on fickle government funding to tackle these projects.

We don't need an administrator. We hire them.
I don't care if they aren't former Bulldog players. That's incidental and shouldn't sway the decision.
We need someone with guts, persistence and a vision for the club, but a firm grasp on commercial and political realities at the same time.

I don't care if they aren't former Bulldog players. That's incidental and shouldn't sway the decision.
We need someone with guts, persistence and a vision for the club, but a firm grasp on commercial and political realities at the same time.
The President doesn't need to be primarily an administrator, but they just need to have a good understanding of that area in order to be able to apply the right checks and balances on the CEO and others.

Need someone linked to big organisations. If we want to attract big name players, our board needs to be better. Compare ours against other teams, it just shows how low we are. No disrespect to those on the board, i'm sure they work harder than anyone but we just need others with more contacts who can offer (at least a perception of) gigs after footy and marketing opportunities.

Pretty clearly going to be Kylie Watson-Wheeler if she wants to do it imo - VP, innovative, strong corporate knowledge and relationships, clearly a decent working relationship with the AFL - say what you will its important to get s**t done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be Chris Grant, we are not getting someone “big”.

They will follow the jobs for boys path like Gia and Smith unless they can talk Susan Alberti into coming back so we can be “progressive”

I'd almost prefer it's not a former Bulldogs player. We've already got plenty of them within the four walls in other positions. Happy to look outside the bubble if there are suitable candidates.

I reckon Luke Darcy will do it at some point.

Would prefer a prominent business figure to replace PG though.

Why? What has Darcy done that’s isn’t spewing all over tv and radio feeds with poor commentary. At lest people like Grant have worked with the club.

Webb's been playing really well in the VFL, unfortunately injured but should be back soon and if he continues to play well, deserves to be given a go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back