Resource 2019 Draft Watch (we have picks 6 24 25 39 46)

Who will we take with our first pick (#6) in the 2019 draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
1/2 time

VC 9.2 56 lead the Allies 0.4 4

Leigh Brown has the Vic Country boys breathing fire, pressure on steroids.

Really like the look of Hayden young. The best kick,user and decision maker in the draft. Would love to see him play in the midfield though. Ash and serong really impressive as well. Also liked Flanders and Kemp.

Baldi has done some good things, reminds me a bit of poholke. Also think Dow has played well, seems a better kick than his brother.

Shame allies aren't better because we're not really getting to see the best of tom green. Mitch oniell has done nice things.

Charlie Comben is undoubtedly the best Ruck prospect I've seen so far in these Championships, very handy up forward too.

This will sound like I'm being sarcastic - but the camera work is really impressive, for a single camera shoot.

I have no idea who's who, but it's pretty easy to watch. If only the Allies were better, and the umpires didn't call holding the man every time someone drops the ball.

Bicks, I really like the look of Hayden young but does he have an inside game as well? Would love to see him him play in the midfield.
When I've seen him play live he's always played the running back role but I've never seen him shirk a contest or not put his head over the ball so I cannot see how he can't play midfield. With his elite disposal though setting up play off half back is a very important part of today's footy so that's likely where he starts his career. I've sat near his family at several games and they are really decent people so I doubt there'd be any problems there.

I'm not going to be too disappointed if Hamish calls out Mitch O'Niell with our 2nd pick, outside mid, good user, very light still and not big so would take time but looks a real prospect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not going to be too disappointed if Hamish calls out Mitch O'Niell with our 2nd pick, outside mid, good user, very light still and not big so would take time but looks a real prospect.
Looks like a really good prospect just needs to spend some good time in the gym.

My observations from the game.

Vic country had some really good talent in their side where's not much to like in the allies team.

Hayden young - I'm always impressed with this player. As I said before great decision maker and user of the footy. Very rarely makes mistakes and is good in the air.

Baldi - I thought was probably best on ground. Reminds me a bit of poholke. Very skillful and composed player who is very good inside.

Kemp - was very solid across half back and one of vc best. Definitely a top ten pick

Ash - like Kemp very good across half back and probably a top 6 pick. Has good speed, reads play well,finds a lot of the ball and generally uses it well.

Serong - a great first half but pretty quiet in 2nd half. I think he kicked 3 goals.

Flanders - a bit like serong very good in first half but a little quieter in 2nd half. Still pretty good in midfield though.

Dow - pretty good in midfield, seems a better kick than his brother which isn't that hard.

Holland's- didn't know anything about him before this game but I was really impressed with him on the wing. Smooth mover with good speed.

L Williams- like Holland liked him on the other wing.

T green- can see the talent but unfortunately playing in a well beaten team made it hard for him. Still a top 5-6 pick.

M oneill - did some really nice things on the wing. Needs to hit the gym hard

Budarick - played well in patches.

Vic country had some really good talent in their side where's not much to like in the allies team.

Hayden young - I'm always impressed with this player. As I said before great decision maker and user of the footy. Very rarely makes mistakes and is good in the air.

Baldi - I thought was probably best on ground. Reminds me a bit of poholke. Very skillful and composed player who is very good inside.

Kemp - was very solid across half back and one of vc best. Definitely a top ten pick

Ash - like Kemp very good across half back and probably a top 6 pick. Has good speed, reads play well,finds a lot of the ball and generally uses it well.

Serong - a great first half but pretty quiet in 2nd half. I think he kicked 3 goals.

Flanders - a bit like serong very good in first half but a little quieter in 2nd half. Still pretty good in midfield though.

Dow - pretty good in midfield, seems a better kick than his brother which isn't that hard.

Holland's- didn't know anything about him before this game but I was really impressed with him on the wing. Smooth mover with good speed.

T green- can see the talent but unfortunately playing in a well beaten team made it hard for him. Still a top 5-6 pick.

Elijah Hollands is an under ager playing for the Murray Bushrangers in the NAB League, he's from up Wadonga way. Has been a junior star all through his career and very highly rated.

Good pedigree :
Father Ben played a hand full of games for Richmond before starring for West Adelaide in the SANFL and SA vs VFL interstate games twice winning the Fos Williams Medal for B.O.G.

Elijah Hollands is an under ager playing for the Murray Bushrangers in the NAB League, he's from up Wadonga way. Has been a junior star all through his career and very highly rated.

Good pedigree :
Father Ben played a hand full of games for Richmond before starring for West Adelaide in the SANFL and SA vs VFL interstate games twice winning the Fos Williams Medal for B.O.G.
Definately be keeping an eye on him for next year. Really impressed with him. I remember his dad who was a pretty handy footballer like you said.

When I've seen him play live he's always played the running back role but I've never seen him shirk a contest or not put his head over the ball so I cannot see how he can't play midfield. With his elite disposal though setting up play off half back is a very important part of today's footy so that's likely where he starts his career. I've sat near his family at several games and they are really decent people so I doubt there'd be any problems there.

Wouldnt mind to see him play on the wing or set up from hbf and be half a kick behind play to receive and distribute.

Think Young is narrowing the gap on Anderson and Rowell.

Good to see Kemp play well, was disappointed with his disposals last time out. Has great midfield potential but his height is required in the Vic Country backline.

On HTC 2PS6200 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back