Remove this Banner Ad

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yesterday --- long weekend factor, AND rip-off costs of food and drinks.
I got a large takeaway pack of about 20 meatballs in a tomato and onion sauce from Foodland yesterday --- delicious and $6.99 (marked down to $3.50, eat before 10th June). At the footy they would have been $2 each, minimum.
How much are they charging these days for a bucket of limp, soft, tepid chips, $4, $5, anybody?
Venue ROBBERY. :mad:
It is but it shouldn’t stop being going to the footy if they are keen, just don’t buy it. I buy beer, rarely food. But I’d never not go because of the beer cost, I just wouldn’t drink

subaru

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Bay 13: Flog of the Year
Nov 14, 2007
AFL Club
Adelaide
Their hatred for the crows is what drives their feeble little lives.. if they didnt have that hatred, most of them wouldnt have anything to live for..

That PAFC_1870 knobhead was over on the main board game day thread yet again spewing forth all his bile about Tex.. cant beleive some posters here think he’s alright because he comes onto our adelaide board every now and then and says some nice constructive things... its all a ruse.

Same idiot got a free run on here last week 😏

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
Said it all along, the SMA are going to cook the golden goose.

That said, Thursday night's crowd should be a fair bit bigger.

It is just not that, things are tough out there for most people. It is the economy. Not surprised at all.

It is the daily tickets that are still up for grabs, you only have to look at the top of the stands (Riverbank, Eastern).

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
It is but it shouldn’t stop being going to the footy if they are keen, just don’t buy it. I buy beer, rarely food. But I’d never not go because of the beer cost, I just wouldn’t drink

But you are a footy fanatic as am I however not everyone has that same passion.

I wonder how our 3 game memberships are going?

We will get a better idea when we play the big 3 - Richmond (Thursday night), Essendon (Friday night) and Collingwood (Saturday twilight - WTF?).

Oct 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yep.

In the case of food and non alcoholic drink they don’t stop you from bringing your own, and or you can always grab something in the city beforehand.

I’d say it’s mostly because we were s**t last year, and probably not quite in contention this year.

Aug 21, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I got a large takeaway pack of about 20 meatballs in a tomato and onion sauce from Foodland yesterday --- delicious and $6.99 (marked down to $3.50, eat before 10th June). At the footy they would have been $2 each, minimum.
How much are they charging these days for a bucket of limp, soft, tepid chips, $4, $5, anybody?
I don't know why people complain about the food prices. It's the easiest thing to substitute for (before during or after) and it's trash anyway.

Demand for drinks would be fairly inelastic imo.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
It is just not that, things are tough out there for most people. It is the economy. Not surprised at all.

It is the daily tickets that are still up for grabs, you only have to look at the top of the stands (Riverbank, Eastern).
The clubs keep raising membership costs because the SMA keep raising running costs.

They make **** all from food and drink.

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
The cost of food and drink isn't going to suddenly start keeping people away.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
We didn’t even get 45K against Geelong on a warm Thursday night, last year we got 50k in winter.

Something is wrong, whether we are on the nose, footy is, novelties wearing off and cost, or a combination of all of these.
Novelty was always going to wear off, crowds are leveling out for both clubs.

Mego Red

10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
Yep.

In the case of food and non alcoholic drink they don’t stop you from bringing your own, and or you can always grab something in the city beforehand.

I’d say it’s mostly because we were **** last year, and probably not quite in contention this year.
I think the crowd issue is partly long weekend (was for my folks, who always go otherwise) and the fact we've been terrible at home this year and no one expected us to win. We broke a few hearts against WCE.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mego Red

10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
I don't know why people complain about the food prices. It's the easiest thing to substitute for (before during or after) and it's trash anyway.

Demand for drinks would be fairly inelastic imo.
Agreed. The bigger issue is it's terrible, not expensive.

CrowBloke

Solum stulti se excusant!
May 14, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
If you don’t think Atkins has a great game last night, you don’t football
Harsh, mate.
I football, and I played football from Primary/High School into my Uni years, about 15 years (A-grade Amateur, Camden, too many years ago to think about; let's just say 70's), AND ...
I most definitely do not think Atkins had a "great" game last night. I can even explain, because I paid special attention to Atkins last night, thinking I might have been too harsh on him in recent weeks.
IF he had a great game:
--- he'd have got a mention in the AFC site Match Report: "BEST Adelaide: M Crouch, B Crouch, Ellis-Yolmen, Milera, Hartigan, O'Brien " <== no Atkins. AFLCA votes will be interesting (4+ would be a good game, yes? BoG would be great).
--- he'd have done better than 19 disposals @ 57.9% (= 11 effective disposals). To compare, Greenwood had 7 effective disposals and the consensus is he had a weak game.
--- NOT even a mention of Atkins in FoxFooty's match report.
--- 0 contested marks, 2 tackles, 0 goals.
I said previously:
Bad: ... I saw Atkins take off on a speedy two-bounce run on the Eastern side, only to kick the ball to no-one, out of bounds. AFC stats say he had 5 contested possessions but I didn't see them. He is still contact-averse. The ways he gets run around and/or brushed aside are frustrating, but he'll have his defenders in here again I suppose.
Clearly, you're one of them.
I respect you and I'm curious --- why do you think Atkins had "a great game"? He might have done enough to be re-selected (remains to be seen vs Richmond against whom he squibs), but I thought he was ineffective last night.

May 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
WWTFC,Chelsea,Glasgow Celtic,Lech Poznan
Harsh, mate.
I football, and I played football from Primary/High School into my Uni years, about 15 years (A-grade Amateur, Camden, too many years ago to think about; let's just say 70's), AND ...
I most definitely do not think Atkins had a "great" game last night. I can even explain, because I paid special attention to Atkins last night, thinking I might have been too harsh on him in recent weeks.
IF he had a great game:
--- he'd have got a mention in the AFC site Match Report: "BEST Adelaide: M Crouch, B Crouch, Ellis-Yolmen, Milera, Hartigan, O'Brien " <== no Atkins. AFLCA votes will be interesting (4+ would be a good game, yes? BoG would be great).
--- he'd have done better than 19 disposals @ 57.9% (= 11 effective disposals). To compare, Greenwood had 7 effective disposals and the consensus is he had a weak game.
--- NOT even a mention of Atkins in FoxFooty's match report.
--- 0 contested marks, 2 tackles, 0 goals.
I said previously:

Clearly, you're one of them.
I respect you and I'm curious --- why do you think Atkins had "a great game"? He might have done enough to be re-selected (remains to be seen vs Richmond against whom he squibs), but I thought he was ineffective last night.

Criticise Rat after a bad game by all means. Last night was not a bad game.

CrowBloke

May 14, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
The cost of food and drink isn't going to suddenly start keeping people away.
Steady, bloke, I didn't say it would "suddenly start keeping people away", only that it might be a factor.

The big reason is long weekend, nice weather, lots of footy-goers are away on holiday.

Dec 4, 2014
Top End of Aussie
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
QUOTE]

When we go down to Adelaide we take Soup and Coffee in
That is usually gone by the the first quarter as us Darwinites FREEZE
Sandwich Cheese & Bikkies gone by half time.
So we end up buying extra hot drinks
If you are a family it would be expensive to buy.

CrowBloke

May 14, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
Criticise Rat after a bad game by all means. Last night was not a bad game.
Please, read my post before you put words in my mouth, ok?
NOWHERE did I say he had "a bad game". I was responding to deaneus who said he had a "great game".
I mentioned some of the bad things he did to demonstrate why I thought he was ineffective last night. About a fifth of our side was ineffective last night, but still did some good things (eg Greenwood's mark and goal).

Here: RoB and the Crouches had very good games last night, but they made mistakes as well. If I described any of those mistakes that would not mean I am saying they had "a bad game".
The standout bad game was Douglas', but on any of those points it's ok to disagree.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back