Autopsy Autopsy vs Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah how was that pickup deep in our D50 early-ish? Just went out of bounds but incredible skill. Building more and more into the year and the club is Polly.
There was another brilliant one hand pick up on the half-forward flank a little after that. Really impressive skills and he is really starting to work well with the midfield group. Seems to run both ways as hard as anyone we have.

I felt we left 6 goals out there. A win is a win but we could have had a big one. Too many terrible forward 50 entries are wasting midfield dominance and making it incredibly difficult for our forwards.
It started from the very first entry of the day when serial offender Luke McDonald had clear possession under no pressure. All our forwards led at the ball carrier but McDonald kicked it straight over their heads. It is just stupidity and he needs to be told he can be stupid in the VFL if he doesn't start making better decisions.
We have the best lead and mark forward in the game, the players need to lower their eyes and honor his leads.

I thought Gold Coast came out with a malicious intent.
Higgins driven into the ground shoulder first and then Larkey shortly after are.
They can go **** themselves.
Piece of **** club.

yeah. We are the only ones who should be able to show a bit of mongrel.

Sometimes it must be really tough for our mods to identify trolls.

But defending Kane mother******* Cornes over our club captain is an offence that really should attract capital punishment. Or at very least a permaban.

North Melbourne Father son, Kane Cornes?

Didn't think it was appropriate to pot Adrian Gallacher as I never saw him play and don't know who he is.

I quite enjoyed my post, was almost amusing if taken in the spirit which was intended.

You’re being nice to Tony Shaw

The last 7 players on that list, all of them after Buckley, have all won flags. Jack is no 7. On the list and on his back. Lets hope KV was wrong and there are actually coincidences in football.

North Melbourne Father son, Kane Cornes?

Didn't think it was appropriate to pot Adrian Gallacher as I never saw him play and don't know who he is.

I quite enjoyed my post, was almost amusing if taken in the spirit which was intended.

I was genuinely surprised you didn't get a like from kangatime for that one.

I felt we left 6 goals out there. A win is a win but we could have had a big one. Too many terrible forward 50 entries are wasting midfield dominance and making it incredibly difficult for our forwards.
It started from the very first entry of the day when serial offender Luke McDonald had clear possession under no pressure. All our forwards led at the ball carrier but McDonald kicked it straight over their heads. It is just stupidity and he needs to be told he can be stupid in the VFL if he doesn't start making better decisions.
We have the best lead and mark forward in the game, the players need to lower their eyes and honor his leads.

This is where we see how good of a coach Shaw actually is.

Winning on raw emotion is one thing.
Backing it up against a bogey side is a good step.
Start ironing out some of the inconsistency we've had is what he needs to be up for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Suns have been pretty competitive at home this year. Cats only beat them by 27 two weeks ago, 26 shots to 19. Our game felt more like a 50 point victory. 29 shots to 15, 70 in50’s to 43.

Next week is the test. No more emotional high or emotional let down to be factored in, minus our 2nd best player and against a very talented team. Let’s see how we stand up under Shaw.

It looked like they'd taken some of the coaching advice from last week (which seemed like 'hit 'em hard, get it in there') too far.

First quarter we had 9 scoring shots to 4.
2nd quarter 5 to 3
3rd 7 to 4
4th 8 to 6

We beat them comprehensively, it was just ordinary conditions. Footy should be played there during the day.

Yes, but when you look at the inside 50's it showed how very, very wasteful we were. Simply 'getting it in there' wasn't good enough and it certainly looked like, after quarter time, the simple remedy of clogging up our forward 50 worked well.

It looked like they'd taken some of the coaching advice from last week (which seemed like 'hit 'em hard, get it in there') too far.

Yes, but when you look at the inside 50's it showed how very, very wasteful we were. Simply 'getting it in there' wasn't good enough and it certainly looked like, after quarter time, the simple remedy of clogging up our forward 50 worked well.
I agree we need to be better with the forward entries, I just reckon the media focus on them out scoring us in the final 3 quarters isn’t reflective of the game. It was pretty even after the first quarter but we really weren’t threatened so even was good enough. Straighter kicking and we could have won by a lot.

I agree we need to be better with the forward entries, I just reckon the media focus on them out scoring us in the final 3 quarters isn’t reflective of the game. It was pretty even after the first quarter but we really weren’t threatened so even was good enough. Straighter kicking and we could have won by a lot.

The media are in the brand promotion business. We also effectively put the cue in the rack after quarter time.

Folks are reading too much in to how that last 3 quarters played out. If we had played them at Docklands it would have been a 80-100 point slaughter.

Can’t help but ponder how we’d be travelling this season with a fit Daw and Jacobs.

It would have probably made enough difference to save the past coach, but would we be any closer to winning a flag?

I say no.

We are going OK at present taking into account
New: Polec Pittard
Newbies: LDU Larkey TT zurhaar

That is 6 in

Current outs:wright JMac
Last yr: w8 daw Clarke Rat
Remember Hartung

Latrocious?

The kid's just coasting. He'll take a while like most of his type do. King is already showing glimpses. GC just need to keep them together.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back