Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Let me get the negative out first.

The intensity was up early but FFS stop going up with one hand !!! Didn't have the impact required early doors........

BUT

It was almost as if the 2 skips decided to put the team on their shoulders, along with Brouch and ROB.

Huge when required.

The intensity was up early but FFS stop going up with one hand !!! Didn't have the impact required early doors........

BUT

It was almost as if the 2 skips decided to put the team on their shoulders, along with Brouch and ROB.

Huge when required.

Tex would have felt a lot of heat initially in that quarter personally when the game was on the line and we were down. Took a mark outside 50m and didnt look up to see Milera by himself. Decided to kick the goal himself and poorly kicked it.

The mark and goal he delivered later were absolute clutch moments in the game and possibly how this season may pan out.

Davis going to Jenkins, also really freed up Tex a lot and thats one of the benefits that a player like Jenkins brings to the team.

BUT

Huge when required.

I think sometimes he gets too worried about making body contact with his opponent instead of just attacking the ball.

I think sometimes he gets too worried about making body contact with his opponent instead of just attacking the ball.

He does this frustrating 'bump' with his hip into his nearest opponent when going for a pack mark pretty much every time. I actually think doing it hurts his positioning and limits his jump.

Needs to stop worrying about that rubbish and run at the ball with two hands in the air. Then we'll see more marks like he took in the 4th quarter

beartoo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 27, 2004
Moana Heights Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide
I forget who kicked the ball--Atkins or Laird I think--ball perfectly weighted to Tex's advantage. He bumps his opponent before going for the ball for no reason whatever and the ball finishes out of bounds. Good last ten minutes, but ineffectual for the rest of the game. Tex is way past it and is a liability in our side..

ltdamn

Premiership Player
Nov 29, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg, Seahawks, Mariners, Celtic
He does this frustrating 'bump' with his hip into his nearest opponent when going for a pack mark pretty much every time. I actually think doing it hurts his positioning and limits his jump.

Needs to stop worrying about that rubbish and run at the ball with two hands in the air. Then we'll see more marks like he took in the 4th quarter
Someone has to coach this out of him. He's never been good at it even when he was huuuge. Should lead up or stand his ground, either way his skills are his biggest asset not his strength.

Thegibbsgamble

I beg to meg
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
The coin toss was great.
Tex runs in, umpire introduces him to “Riley” a young crow fan who has the honour of tossing the coin.
Tex says...Hey Riley I’ve met you before!?:cool:

Now how many fan-kids would Tex have met?:thumbsu:

To be fair, club putting a fir bit pr time into him after the victorian media targeted him. He was probably told who was tossing the coin.

Thegibbsgamble

I beg to meg
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Good game tonight, and not just in the last quarter. Liked a lot of what he did early, but the last quarter was huge.

Cameron had no impact on the game. Finlayson was moved out to defense because he had no impact.
Walker involved in most clutch plays in a game defense dominated.

Can't fault his game.

I enyoyed it when he had Davis spit the dummy in the last. Gold.

BrissyCrow

Premium Platinum
Mar 20, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg & Most Other Tiger Teams
Cameron had no impact on the game. Finlayson was moved out to defense because he had no impact.
Walker involved in most clutch plays in a game defense dominated.

Can't fault his game.

I enyoyed it when he had Davis spit the dummy in the last. Gold.

Yeah what was that all about. I didnt see what TEX suppossively did. I still have the game on copy. I also noticed that Davis and TEx didnt shake hands after the game.

plugger59

Team Captain
Jul 11, 2006
Largs North
AFL Club
Adelaide
Some plonker sat 5 or 6 seats from me last night, abusing the daylights out of Tex for the entire game? "just go Tex", "do something, you useless hack", "you. are. useless." etc etc. Non stop all game. No other comments about any other player. Just sat there with your greying beard and Crows jumper on with arms crossed after the siren totally pi55ed with the world with everyone else on their feet.
Why so angry? Did he back into your VC commodore or something?

I forget who kicked the ball--Atkins or Laird I think--ball perfectly weighted to Tex's advantage. He bumps his opponent before going for the ball for no reason whatever and the ball finishes out of bounds. Good last ten minutes, but ineffectual for the rest of the game. Tex is way past it and is a liability in our side..

Lol

The thing with the mark is that the giants forgot to put body on him. People kind of seem to ignore the massive amount of work that the opposition teams put into him most weeks. That was why. If you don't he can still take the game away from you.

Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
The thing with the mark is that the giants forgot to put body on him. People kind of seem to ignore the massive amount of work that the opposition teams put into him most weeks. That was why. If you don't he can still take the came away from you.
You don't see it much on tv, however live its amazing how often he's blocked at the contest or from getting a run to the contest

Thegibbsgamble

I beg to meg
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeah what was that all about. I didnt see what TEX suppossively did. I still have the game on copy. I also noticed that Davis and TEx didnt shake hands after the game.

When sloane marked in front of goal, Bout to put us up 15 points, Davis head went down and walker came past, shoved him in the chest and said something laughing. Davis lost it, the umpire was telling him and others to let tex go, as sloane kicked the goal.

How was that mark and goal in the last 1/4 that put us in front. I didn't know he could jump and I didn't think he could put his arms above his head let alone catch it. A captains play when needed.

My question would be why doesnt he do this more often?

Making a contest and bringing the ball to the ground is all thats required we have plenty of smalls to clean up the slops, I was genuinely shocked to see Tex take a contested pack mark, in the context of the game and in the context of the season.Not only a great mark but a difficult one. That wasnt enough though. He had to goal from it and he did. It can be tricky kicking at the Northern end with no protection from a grand stand. Good kick and importantly it was a straight kick all the way.

Its not the coach

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
What an ignorant post, You'r full of Sh.., Tex has quality's that other key forwards don't, like goal assists and his ability to sum up situations and pin point foward entry passes when getting the ball up the ground, When he plays deep forward he gets most defender attention which free up our other fowards. Do you think Jenkins would have kicked 3 last night if Walker was out? I don't think so, Walker is still one of our if not our most important players, and he stood up last night when we needed him too, To say he's a liability and needs to be dropped is utter crud.

My question would be why doesnt he do this more often?

Making a contest and bringing the ball to the ground is all thats required we have plenty of smalls to clean up the slops, I was genuinely shocked to see Tex take a contested pack mark, in the context of the game and in the context of the season.Not only a great mark but a difficult one. That wasnt enough though. He had to goal from it and he did. It can be tricky kicking at the Northern end with no protection from a grand stand. Good kick and importantly it was a straight kick all the way.

He brought the to ground multiple times last night.

Sep 7, 2005
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LA Rams, UCLA Bruins
When sloane marked in front of goal, Bout to put us up 15 points, Davis head went down and walker came past, shoved him in the chest and said something laughing. Davis lost it, the umpire was telling him and others to let tex go, as sloane kicked the goal.

Davis was calling Walker a disgrace to the ump. Mics clearly picked it up. Obviously wasn't happy at what Tex did/said

He brought the to ground multiple times last night.

Are you 100% confident about saying this? I have not watched the replay, but I actually noticed he took almost all his marks last night, barring one that I recall.

Can you let me know when he went for a mark and brought the ball to the ground, seeing that you said it happened multiple times last night?

Back