VFL 2019 VFL R10 vs Casey (Sun 9 Jun 2.10pm @ Casey Fields) - VFLW double header - TV game!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

First done last season, I think. We wore dark blue and Casey white.

Many thanks.
Just had this thought I did.
As socks are worn these days down I didn’t think about it enough.
But today because it struck a thought I asked.

Great idea.

If he was a VFL listed guy, I'd probably agree with you, but Broomhead isn't AFL relevant as an inside mid and never will be. He's got some talent, but not enough to compensate for his lack of size, so if he's on our AFL list, we have to try to develop him as a flanker - that's the only way he'll be AFL relevant.

Totally agree. But in the context of this game, with the injuries we’ve had, it makes sense to put him on the ball - or at least the wing - because nobody, but nobody, is being developed as a forward flanker in this vfl team.

Also, given how much footy he’s missed, what he needs is lots of contests, lots of chances to touch the ball. The. We find out how good he is.

Has the wind died down or has our disposal really been that bad?

Reid has been good IMO.

Is Shaz still out there barrackers?
Just took a beautiful mark.
His judgment is a class above.

Very very very solid today.
Class above.

Lynch has been impressive against an AFL quality ruck. He looks ready to be able to come into the AFL when required.
Yes, liked his game and he’s against Preuss so a real test for him.
Done well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hustwaite kicks the bouncing ball out of the air, fortunately Reid is in front position and takes a nice mark, an even better kick goes through the middle.

65-32

Reid kicks a goal:

33 points out

What a pick-up by Reid.

Happy with the Lynch game
Learnt throughout about positioning against a bigger pkayer
Follow up work a feature

* context: afl numbers (undermanned) + players returning from injury

Many players don’t understand football - when to play in front (when opp kicking into the wind / rushed kicks forward)

Lots of seagulls around packs

Brown needs to set himself for these games and play in a diff fashion

Reid just all heart - we’ll played

Tohill is a a year or two (at least ) away and we won’t know what we’ve got until he’s able to put on size
Did one or two things that made me think he could develop

Work rate (on tv) seemed indicate that we weren’t working to stoppages / in defensive transition

Great to see Shaz working back into it
Needs another 3-4 weeks

Reid has fought hard and had a presence. I can see that Lynch could compete at AFL level in time. Shaz has at least shown some class.
Tough to find others. Unfortunately I find it hard to see Broomhead getting back or Atu getting there at all.

I'm not going to judge Atu too hard at the moment. Second last pick in the draft and my contact inside the club (who works with the NGA program) says that our recruiters definitely saw some room for development there.

Thoughts:
Reid - has been good
Schaz - has been decent
Goldsack - been poor
Madgen - been poor
Quaynor - hasn’t done a lot
T.Brown - has been poor, was looking forward to his game
Daicos - has been ok
Woodward - vfl accumulator, wouldn’t rookie has no hurt factor
Lynch - has been ok
Broomhead - has been poor
Tohill - looks a long way off it