Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Much prefer to see McKay in the side than Durdin. McKay has a bright future in the game, Durdin doesn’t. McKay is more physical, shows urgency, and can mark the ball with relative frequency. Durdin has none of these capabilities
They way McKay is going in the VFL at the moment he couldn't even be in consideration. It'd hurt the team and it wouldn't be fair on him to play him when he's struggling.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

A couple of things I’d like to add

1/ the “obsession “ some might have ( I’ll include myself) with Kyron playing is that this year, he’s been trained for the Benny Jacobs role. When Ben was up and running our win / loss was significantly higher. Not saying Kyron is or will be Ben, but would like to see if he’s up to the challenge, in case heaven forbid we eventually need to replace Ben.
Whether this is the game to do so, I doubt it, but hopefully it’s sooner rather than later

2/ it’s going to be refreshing to see the Shaw brothers hang abit of crap on one another this week. Unlike the Scotts ( “just another opposition coach”, “we don’t normally talk football” corporate bs) it should provide another perspective to the game

And finally, I’d like to see some “extra” mongrel this week, someone ear marking, harassing and ragdolling our Josh , would be a good start

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Durdin needs to play, was good against Geelong and wasn’t terrible against the Suns (wasn’t great but wasn’t bad), Thompson playing j macs role is an upgrade.

In Ahern
Out Higgins

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne

1/ the “obsession “ some might have ( I’ll include myself) with Kyron playing is that this year, he’s been trained for the Benny Jacobs role. When Ben was up and running our win / loss was significantly higher. Not saying Kyron is or will be Ben, but would like to see if he’s up to the challenge, in case heaven forbid we eventually need to replace Ben.
Whether this is the game to do so, I doubt it, but hopefully it’s sooner rather than later

2/ it’s going to be refreshing to see the Shaw brothers hang abit of crap on one another this week. Unlike the Scotts ( “just another opposition coach”, “we don’t normally talk football” corporate bs) it should provide another perspective to the game

And finally, I’d like to see some “extra” mongrel this week, someone ear marking, harassing and ragdolling our Josh , would be a good start

To be fair to Ben he was getting 40 touches in the VFL. Looked a class above, and he is.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We're going to have to agree to disagree mate.

I see more than numbers in a stats column mate.

I can’t agree that dumont is a weak link he is playing a very specific role and in my opinion been a big unheralded part of containing the oppo midfields for the last month

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I can’t agree that dumont is a weak link he is playing a very specific role and in my opinion been a big unheralded part of containing the oppo midfields for the last month

1) "Weak link" is not my terminology mate, and its implication misrepresents what I am on about. My analysis is that he will make way for better wing options if he doesn't add something to his game. Namely, Bailey Scott & Will Walker. Ahern right now has less accountability but he is more damaging than Trent. I am not eliminating Trent from future sides either, I just don't see him holding down a true wing spot.

2) All AFL footballers have "very specific roles".

1) "Weak link" is not my terminology mate, and its implication misrepresents what I am on about. My analysis is that he will make way for better wing options if he doesn't add something to his game. Namely, Bailey Scott & Will Walker. Ahern right now has less accountability but he is more damaging than Trent. I am not eliminating Trent from future sides either, I just don't see him holding down a true wing spot.

It’s best case scenario for us that a player is so good they demand the spot of an existing best 22.

Hopefully Bailey and Walker are good enough to push Dumont and Polec out!!!

The time will come and when it does so be it! That’s best 22 football

Le Grille

Cancelled
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Point 1) he is a better balance of attack/def
Point 2) he is actually executing his role very well, not all AFL players do that.

Quintero

All Australian
May 16, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
River Plate
I fully expect we’ll see Ahern next week. If JMac is fit, Durdin will make way. I’m not sure whether I’m for or against that. However, realistically, I guess it has to happen.

Dropping Durds after that game would be pathetic. Give him a decent run at it.

Dumont has been rubbish this year. Ahern is clearly the better footballer.

All this talk of defensive attributes is garbage. His main role is to get on his own and be dangerous, unfortunately he is unable to do that as he is a poor decision maker, poor kick and bloody slow.

Keep playing him, but must be traded whilst he has some value.

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne

All this talk of defensive attributes is garbage. His main role is to get on his own and be dangerous, unfortunately he is unable to do that as he is a poor decision maker, poor kick and bloody slow.

You’ve got no idea.

Oct 4, 2006
The hood
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Whitfields is a collarbone.

And is it confirmed that Higgo is out for 4-5 with an AC injury?

Certainly no confirmation on Higgins. Just going off him saying it was a high grade ac joint and the length of time it took for Tazz to get right (and also Whitfield who I thought was ac joint and is out for 5-6).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Waussie

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Durdin was selected ahead of McKay based on his contract status imo. I can’t see how we offer him another contract if he doesn’t perform at AFL level. If he’s omitted this week and our backline stays injury free he is done unfortunately.

I think another couple of weeks to have a good run at it would be fair.

Waussie

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Brothers tend to be a lot more aggressive when competing against each other. Hopefully big brother wins this round.

Digby Morrell

All Australian
Aug 28, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Really disagree on Dumont he has been great this year.
Tackles hard, finds it, runs all day. Disposal isn’t world changing but is generally pretty neat.

AdmiralBenson

All Australian
May 21, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You're a king of sweeping generalisations sometimes.

He's been pretty good the last few weeks. I wouldn't call his year '****'.

He runs one way, doesn't tackle and his disposal by foot horrible.

I'm a big fan but he has been awful this year.

If you think we can't beat GWS in Hobart (again) you are disrespecting our list.

Higgins is replacable, especially with a coach who seems to have some idea of why he is employed.

Billy Not Really

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2018
Licking windows at the back of the bus.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If you think we can't beat GWS in Hobart (again) you are disrespecting our list.

I rate the list higher than most, I was deadset when the season began that it was finals or bust. Anything else is an abject failure to this club because the list is finals worthy.

So I expect that if you're gonna sell 4 home games to Tassie, you'd win all of them. The Sydney game was a disgrace, and everyone expected the win.

People massively overrate us at Blundstone against certain teams.

AdmiralBenson

All Australian
May 21, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I rate the list higher than most, I was deadset when the season began that it was finals or bust. Anything else is an abject failure to this club because the list is finals worthy.

So I expect that if you're gonna sell 4 home games to Tassie, you'd win all of them. The Sydney game was a disgrace, and everyone expected the win.

People massively overrate us at Blundstone against certain teams.

We lost against Sydney as we had an idiot in charge. Have you noticed a difference since?

Rather than hand out Domain catalogues and giving speeches about negative gearing, maybe our players are now being asked to play football to a certain standard.

No we are not infallible at Blundstone. But I'm confident we can deliver with or without Higgins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back