Game Day Round 12 Preview - Storming the graveyard of our expectations...

Sep 21, 2004
Adel - SA - Aust - Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Norwood & Liverpool.
Nine times
Thats not that bad. Theyve been a great team those 9 years and the ground is a fortress.

I think the frustrating thing for everyone is the fact that every ither team goes up there and performs.

Its just one of those weird ones.

Maybe our next win there will be in a final in a couple of years (like dogs v us in 16... we never lose to them at home then lose the 1 important one)

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

anyway can someone tell me this 20 year hoodoo at the SCG is the worst by anyone? I really would like to see what team hasn't won somwhere for over 20 years

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Geelong haven’t won at Waverley since 1995. We won at the SCG in ‘99.

Settle down mate, nine losses in a row is shite but it’s not the end of the world.

GWS and Richmond and Brissy losing as well , thats good right ...
Looks like we played like a side who felt they had a game in hand.

Very disappointing effort but still feel like we made some really bad selection decisions. Not sure why we hamstring ourselves repeatedly whenever we are forced to make changes due to injury. MC seem to panic

Oct 8, 2007
WESTERN AUSTRALIA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
FLO-RIDA , PITBULL ,SEAN PAUL
Thats not that bad. Theyve been a great team those 9 years and the ground is a fortress.

I think the frustrating thing for everyone is the fact that every ither team goes up there and performs.

Its just one of those weird ones.

Maybe our next win there will be in a final in a couple of years (like dogs v us in 16... we never lose to them at home then lose the 1 important one)

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sydney always flood to congest our fwdline when we play them and we never seem to have the answer ..

it was a tough assignment anyway after Yeo went out late .
Sydney have been good the last 3 weeks but the commentators didn`t want to call it that way ...

Oct 8, 2007
WESTERN AUSTRALIA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
FLO-RIDA , PITBULL ,SEAN PAUL
Looks like we played like a side who felt they had a game in hand.

Very disappointing effort but still feel like we made some really bad selection decisions. Not sure why we hamstring ourselves repeatedly whenever we are forced to make changes due to injury. MC seem to panic
Smith in for Yeo was questionable I would have preferred AH CHEE..

Avalor

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
Jakarta
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth, Donnybrook, Chelsea
This, all over again. FFS, try something different when we play at the SCG, we haven't won there in 20 years. It's beyond the joke now.

EagleEgo

Club Legend
Jun 3, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
The Eagles should ask the Bee Gees for advice as how to deal with this HOLIDAY break! Look like the WCE always have a sense of disconnect before and after the bye!

Last edited:

Luuuc

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats, Perth Lynx
I can only laugh at the "out of form reserve player B should have been selected instead of out of form reserve player A" type posts. Like those would have made any significant difference on a day where we looked already mentally chilling out down at Margaret River from the opening bounce.

In the overall scheme of things this season, this performance didn't say a lot to me. It's the next one that is the litmus test.

frenchconnection

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
Wembley downs
AFL Club
West Coast
Absolutely awful.

All the positive signs over the past few weeks now mean little as the club repeated the same mistakes again from the Port and Geelong matches.

That could well be the chance of finishing top 2 down the toilet.
Only have themselves to blame - if you don't come to play & give it a fair crack then they have to wear the results at seasons end. Doesn't look like we will get a home final unless we finish 5th which means no second chance. Very lazy football today by so many.

Didn't cost us the game but neither Smith or Vardy should have been in the team.

Smith, because it was a random selection and his WAFL form didn't warrant it at all. Makes no sense at all.

Vardy because he's been our worst, not even joking, player in season 2019 and carrying him to pair up with Hickey against a spud like Sinclair was just stupid.

Ah Chee was the obvious replacement for Yeo, and literally anyone else should have come in for Vardy.

Sep 28, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Reading FC
Vardy just finding some rhythm and they bring Hickey back without dropping a tall forward.

The MC obviously learned zero from the early rounds. 2 rucks should equal 2 kpf.

Vardy dropping sitters is getting frustrating.
O.Allen was replaced by Hickey. We were still to tall though

Back