Autopsy Rd 12 Carlton vs Brisbane - Blues suffer winning faTeague

Who played well for the Blues in Round 12 vs the Lions?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Still over the moon with yesterday performance!! Hope lob can get up for next weeks game! One more big effort next week topple these dogs and hit the bye full of confidence have a well earned rest then re load
Yes...
We will get much better too imo..
We wasted a good dozen chances to score I reckon..

Always a lot of what if's in footy. On the flip side seemed like lions had a ball magnet stuck inside the goal post yesterday. They too would be asking what if?
I will add, ive been an absolute critic of P Dow this year, but his past fortnight has been really good. I hope he becomes a solid contributor moving forward coz it will only strengthen the side

As an aside, seems like Neale doesn't cope well with a tag. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Ed isn't one of those punch, pinch, knee in the ribs type taggers, as far as I can see, just a good close checking, run with you all day long Tagger. Neale seemed to lose it regularly. A couple of times even ignored a ball up to get stuck into Ed...hmmmmm, interesting.

I accept he jsos competes and there were a few times, his pressure resulted in goals but watch some of his aerial contests and combine that with the fact, he had bottom 3 possession count of any carlton player. I want to see the match committee drop the JSOS, Dow, Gibbons, Obrien, on occassions when they underperform during a win This will send a message, that if you want to be part of this, positive culture, you work on your game and improve. The same goes for Dow who can not hit a 20m pass and misses every week.

Statistically, JSOS had a quiet game. But the standard he set and maintained for workrate and pressure got us rolling and spread through the whole team. Have heard him criticised as being arrogant and entitled, but his gsme is the opposite. Works hard for his teammates, unconditionally.

Don't get the disposal count point either. Who gives a s**t if he was bottom three (actually bottom 5, two other blokes matched him in addition to the two below him), he's playing as a pressure forward behind three tall targets plus Cripps going forward. Three players are always going to be bottom three for possessions, you need to look at their games rather than their pole position.

I think she's just not very good.

My thoughts exactly but I didn't know whether I was allowed to say it out loud or not.
She has made some absolute stinking decisions of late and has trouble bouncing the ball.
I think the commentators briefly indicated the same during the game when they mentioned that the umpiring pool might not be strong enough or something to that affect.
Why do I feel that I've done something wrong for stating my opinion regarding a female field umpire?
Quotas for everything!

My thoughts exactly but I didn't know whether I was allowed to say it out loud or not.
She has made some absolute stinking decisions of late and has trouble bouncing the ball.
I think the commentators briefly indicated the same during the game when they mentioned that the umpiring pool might not be strong enough or something to that affect.
Why do I feel that I've done something wrong for stating my opinion regarding a female field umpire?
Quotas for everything!
You’re certainly entitled to say that one umpire performed worst then the others as long as your are respectful about it and don’t use their gender as a reason for their underperforming.
I thought the umpire was very favourable towards the blues in a number of decisions for example the soft free to Fisher after a Neal bump off the ball .
Not sure what quotas have to do with it ( disrespectful to suggest so)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After all, it was his fault...
Lol.
I did get called a “tool” by a lions supporter after the Plowman holding Charlie Cameron decision.
He was a bit fired up once he realised the Cripps carlton tsunami was headed straight at his melon.
I patted him on the back and shook his hand at the games end and said “no hard feelings mate”.
That’s life.👍

Watched the replay this morning.

Wife- "Is it nice watching knowing you are going to win?"

Me- "Im still scared we are going to lose"

Wife - "It's the replay!"

Me- "If anyone can find a way to lose a replay it will be us"

Edit- we still won :)

That's classic mate!!!!

Statistically, JSOS had a quiet game. But the standard he set and maintained for workrate and pressure got us rolling and spread through the whole team. Have heard him criticised as being arrogant and entitled, but his gsme is the opposite. Works hard for his teammates, unconditionally.

Don't get the disposal count point either. Who gives a **** if he was bottom three (actually bottom 5, two other blokes matched him in addition to the two below him), he's playing as a pressure forward behind three tall targets plus Cripps going forward. Three players are always going to be bottom three for possessions, you need to look at their games rather than their pole position.

Not enough love for JSOS ….. has mongrel … won't give in ….. love him.

On 3rd watch of the game I've calmed down now and can give a much more articulate viewpoint of the game;

GIBBONS spread from clearances in the LAST my god man dominant.

CRIPPA doing his best Kouta 99' impression

Seriously though WALSH is something else, every kick he had was magical. Not only was he attacking but consistently provided an out kick for our defenders or under pressure midfielders. He competes for contests on both sides of the wings how is that even possible??
So many times he provides that short lead up option (when his teamates are usually spent and can't lead) which means we retain the ball instead of having to throw it 50metres down the boundary in hope.
Crippa gets BOG for obvious reasons but Sam Walshs' game considering he's played 12? Is just as good.

If you haven't go back and rewatch the game even when we're getting smashed Walsh is still a cut above everyone.

Elite kick elite tank elite decision making elite overhead. CHAMPION.

On 3rd watch of the game I've calmed down now and can give a much more articulate viewpoint of the game;

GIBBONS spread from clearances in the LAST my god man dominant.

CRIPPA doing his best Kouta 99' impression

Seriously though WALSH is something else, every kick he had was magical. Not only was he attacking but consistently provided an out kick for our defenders or under pressure midfielders. He competes for contests on both sides of the wings how is that even possible??
So many times he provides that short lead up option (when his teamates are usually spent and can't lead) which means we retain the ball instead of having to throw it 50metres down the boundary in hope.
Crippa gets BOG for obvious reasons but Sam Walshs' game considering he's played 12? Is just as good.

If you haven't go back and rewatch the game even when we're getting smashed Walsh is still a cut above everyone.

Elite kick elite tank elite decision making elite overhead. CHAMPION.

Keeps moving but holds the footy up … rarely releases until a target can be hit … which supports his 82% disposal efficiency … this bloke will be something else come 23 years old mark my words … something very very special.

You’re certainly entitled to say that one umpire performesoft free to Fisher after a Neal bump off the ball .d worst then the others as long as your are respectful about it and don’t use their gender as a reason for their underperforming.
I thought the umpire was very favourable towards the blues in a number of decisions for example the soft free to Fisher after a Neal bump off the ball .
Not sure what quotas have to do with it ( disrespectful to suggest so)
What happened in fact is they paid frees to the man in front. The one attacking the ball. Just like it always been. Play from behind you get very little. Just so happens we started playing in front.

Last edited:
Cripps’ numbers speak for themselves, but Weitering was absolutely fantastic and saved so many scoring opportunities. He was our Cripps in the backline and deserves as many accolades for yesterday’s game

Gotta pay credit where credit is due.
How good was that Bear fellow Andrews.......marked everything!

Back