Papers stamped tonight, Jacobs, Douglas.

Feb 18, 2016
Wimmera
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
North Adelaide, Horsham Saints
Jacobs still needs to be kept in good nick, for at least the rest of the season. He’s still likely above Hunter in the pecking order and will be needed if ROB gets injured.

If we’re not getting Grundy, we probably need to find another ruck, in the off season, probably a developing one.

Dougie, really shouldn’t play AFL,again. More than enough options in his positions.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not according to Elite Crow

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
What are you on about? He’s explained what my position is. Playing older players who get games when their form doesn’t warrant is what I complain about.

You on the other hand complain about being competitive and yet back in older players who are past it.

Thommo, Jacobs, Douglas.

But sometimes I swear you see words without actually understanding what’s being written.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
What are you on about? He’s explained what my position is. Playing older players who get games when their form doesn’t warrant is what I complain about.

You on the other hand complain about being competitive and yet back in older players who are past it.

Thommo, Jacobs, Douglas.

But sometimes I swear you see words without actually understanding what’s being written.
That's basically every post.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
But you don’t have to focus on it, yeah? Focus on ROB. We all know the end is nigh, let’s not make it the focus.
The club has to do this

They have to decide each year which players to delist, which players are finished.

They can't restrict themselves to focusing on the positives.

And by extension neither should we. This board discusses the issues affecting the club, harsh realities and all.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
The club has to do this

They have to decide each year which players to delist, which players are finished.

And by extension neither should we. This board discusses the issues affecting the club, harsh realities and all.
Which page is that only positive comments thread on? I’m surprised it’s not a raging success.

headache1

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Apr 10, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sacramento Kings, Arsenal
Yes. O'Brien was significantly worse for 3 quarters. An active hindrance to the rest of the side.

It's irrelevant though. Based on the McGovern protocol established in 2016, O'Brien will be dropped this week.

Gawn had 49 and 66 hit outs respectively in his two duels with Jacobs last year. 2 Brownlow votes and 8 Premiership points as well. This is against a seasoned veteran in Jacobs, who may as well have been an inanimate object in those two matches.

Viva la Mattner

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 30, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tottenham
Jacobs still needs to be kept in good nick, for at least the rest of the season. He’s still likely above Hunter in the pecking order and will be needed if ROB gets injured.

If we’re not getting Grundy, we probably need to find another ruck, in the off season, probably a developing one.

Dougie, really shouldn’t play AFL,again. More than enough options in his positions.
Sam Draper should be the target

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide

Thommo, Jacobs, Douglas.

He has trigger words that stimulate an automatic response. He often doesn’t read or understand the sentence.

Jun 17, 2008
East Falafel Town
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
The club has to do this

And they usually do it at the end of the season, not round 12. "Stamping a player's papers" one game back after two months off following ankle surgery is beyond harsh.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
And they usually do it at the end of the season, not round 12. "Stamping a player's papers" one game back after two months off following ankle surgery is beyond harsh.
They absolutely do not do it at the end of the season

Aug 5, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Gawn had 49 and 66 hit outs respectively in his two duels with Jacobs last year. 2 Brownlow votes and 8 Premiership points as well. This is against a seasoned veteran in Jacobs, who may as well have been an inanimate object in those two matches.
Gawn also had 12 possessions in each of those games. He had 25 against O'Brien, whose supposed main strength is his mobility and accountability around the ground.

Jun 17, 2008
East Falafel Town
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Mummy is probably the worst ruckman going around. But ROB was outstanding nonetheless. That play in the last where he wrestled the ball in on the boundary which led to Brouch's goal was pivotal. And typical of his never say die attitude. Murphy is the same. They both play like it's their last game. Which every week it could be.

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
When is the last senior player who finished their career at the right time? Rutten would be the last. There in is the problem.

We as supporters can see they are done, but the club can’t make the tough call. We then vent at the player when it’s really more frustration at the club than the player, for all the players have been very good servants for the club.

VB, Thommo and Douglas should have gone a year earlier. You can understand Jacobs playing on given ROB wasn’t tested but to then go with Jacobs early instead of ROB puts him in the same place.

I can’t remember the same stuff being posted about Rutten, who if I remember correctly called time himself.
We were sensible enough with Thompson. Kept him for SANFL help, gave him a game and instantly saw he was past it and didn't consider him again. Is they're sensible they just have Douglas his game, saw he lost a step and bring someone new in.

That's unlikely I think, they'll back him in again I bet, but those fumbles are worrying.

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
Mummy is probably the worst ruckman going around. But ROB was outstanding nonetheless. That play in the last where he wrestled the ball in on the boundary which led to Brouch's goal was pivotal. And typical of his never say die attitude. Murphy is the same. They both play like it's their last game. Which every week it could be.
It wasn't so much his pure ruck work that was impressive, but his follow up work that saw him clear the ball out of contested situations when our mids weren't near it.

mattymac

Why no midfield crowz?
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2009
Yes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No
Jacobs was always contracted for this year, so it's not like we gave him a sympathy contract (i.e. Thommo).

Douglas though, and Otten are probably the ones we should have forced into retirement last year.
Otto after the sanfl game was pretty clear that his role is basically as an onfield coach for the youngsters coming through.

I don't have an issue with that at all so long as the salary impact is commensurate with the role.

Back