List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

The two best kids in the draft are Rowell and Anderson. And they are best mates. Some of the draft nuffies actually rate both higher than Walsh too!

I’m not sure if anyone really rates Rowell higher than Walsh.

Maybe Knightmare, but he rated Lukosius, Rankine and Bailey Smith all higher than Walsh.

Honestly, if I had pick 1, I’d be going Anderson. Rowell has been the dominant U18, but Anderson has the potential to be a far better professional.

The two best kids in the draft are Rowell and Anderson. And they are best mates. Some of the draft nuffies actually rate both higher than Walsh too!

As a draft nuffie I'd rate Rowell on a par with Walsh - Walsh has a better balance of inside / outside, while Rowell is more a Cunnington/ Oliver / Selwood type.

Anderson feels a bit more speculative a pick at #2, a bit more inconsistent and the gap between his best and worst is much greater than Walsh & Rowell

I’m not sure if anyone really rates Rowell higher than Walsh.

Maybe Knightmare, but he rated Lukosius, Rankine and Bailey Smith all higher than Walsh.

Honestly, if I had pick 1, I’d be going Anderson. Rowell has been the dominant U18, but Anderson has the potential to be a far better professional.

Agree in terms of upside - Rowell provides more certainty and has put more runs on the board but Anderson has a higher upside due to his physical attributes

Agree in terms of upside - Rowell provides more certainty and has put more runs on the board but Anderson has a higher upside due to his physical attributes
Rowell is your classic “safe” pick. Will play 200+ high class games but will never be a game breaker. Anderson on the other hand could be absolutely anything. His ceiling is more athletic, goal kicking Bont, or he could be a DeGoey type. Depends if he can gain the consistency needed to be an AFL player

Rowell is your classic “safe” pick. Will play 200+ high class games but will never be a game breaker. Anderson on the other hand could be absolutely anything. His ceiling is more athletic, goal kicking Bont, or he could be a DeGoey type. Depends if he can gain the consistency needed to be an AFL player
Based on our history i'd rather the first one.

Based on our history i'd rather the first one.
I agree on our history. But I’d back the staff in to turn Anderson into a star now. Look at Bowes and Ainsworth turning it on this year. Development has been much better the last couple of years and the club is focusing a lot more resources on it now

When it may be a 50/50 decision sometimes you need to assess your own list and where we are at and use it as a factor in making the decision.

Given the investment in the forward line that we made last year and the need to get the midfield sorted ASAP that could have me leaning towards picking the bull that is ready to deliver from day 1.

Out of interest, can priority picks only be given at the end of the first round these days or does the AFL have the discretion to give it after your first sound pick?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Out of interest, can priority picks only be given at the end of the first round these days or does the AFL have the discretion to give it after your first sound pick?

Completely discretionary.

Can be beginning of first round, end of first round, etc.

But, my belief is the day of the priority pick is gone the way of the dinosaurs.

For comparison, Brisbane were the last team to get a priority pick which was end of 1st round in 2016 with a previous 4 years of ladder finishings reading 12, 15, 17, 17. If we do finish last this year it will read 15, 16, 17, 18. Other criteria are percentage and last finals appearance.

I hope we turn the tables and start winning games because that is the most important thing for the club and player retention but if this season does go bad from here we must be a chance for a high priority pick.

Just speculating but if that did eventuate I think the AFL might be more inclined to make it pick 2 than the end of first round knowing that a strong team in Adelaide will more than likely have pick 2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't mind priority picks, if Brisbane get it why not GCS, most people here only want to get end of first Rd /second round pick for Jack Martin anywhere.

No more priority picks. We have had enough chances at the draft. Constantly putting 18 year olds out on the field will not help us get any better. We now need more players around that 50-100 game mark that have played enough AFL to step in and be a leader to our young players. The talent is there we just need experience around it

No more priority picks. We have had enough chances at the draft. Constantly putting 18 year olds out on the field will not help us get any better. We now need more players around that 50-100 game mark that have played enough AFL to step in and be a leader to our young players. The talent is there we just need experience around it

Not priority picks but “parity picks”. The difference in the GWS and Suns allocations is unfair and embarrassing for the GWS/AFL administration.

Actually I want GWS to win the flag this year as it will then amp up the disparity that occurred with the AFL pet club and the argument and pressure to address it can be magnified.

Last edited:
Not priority picks but “parity picks”. The difference in the GWS and Suns allocations is unfair and embarrassing for the GWS/AFL administration.
We don’t need them. That’s in the past, we need to get the club up on its own to feet. I’d rather build a club up then keep throwing picks at it. Look at Carlton, more first rounders then anyone and they are still s**t

Honestly I reckon we have a good core of future a grade players now.

We don’t need draft picks or heaps of change just stability. Therefore I hope dew doesn’t go nuts at the trade/draft period.

I would potentially be delisting/retire the following players at this point:

Nutting (List Spot)
Rischitelli (Rookie Spot)
Leslie (Rookie Spot)
Young (List Spot)
Ellis (List Spot)
Wigg (Rookie Spot)
Nicholls (List Spot)

I can see Heron and Dawson potentially being delisted as well even with one year to go as Category B rookies to pick up some of the successful academy team from this year.

Honestly I reckon we have a good core of future a grade players now.

We don’t need draft picks or heaps of change just stability. Therefore I hope dew doesn’t go nuts at the trade/draft period.

I would potentially be delisting/retire the following players at this point:

Nutting (List Spot)
Rischitelli (Rookie Spot)
Leslie (Rookie Spot)
Young (List Spot)
Ellis (List Spot)
Wigg (Rookie Spot)
Nicholls (List Spot)

I can see Heron and Dawson potentially being delisted as well even with one year to go as Category B rookies to pick up some of the successful academy team from this year.
Cant see Ellis being delisted one year after coming to the club.
I'd keep Nicholls
Don't have a problem with any of the others though.

Cant see Ellis being delisted one year after coming to the club.
I'd keep Nicholls
Don't have a problem with any of the others though.

I could see Ellis being delisted and picked up via the rookie draft... With Nicholls unless we pick up another ruck option he will stay.

I could see Ellis being delisted and picked up via the rookie draft... With Nicholls unless we pick up another ruck option he will stay.
I think you mistaken Ellis with shoenfield, shoenfield Will be delisted and pick up in rookie list like Brad sheer last year. This year is the end of Nicholls, with Darcy Cameron or younger ruckmen his likely replacement. Maybe Crossley will ruck more without Nicholls around in Neafl.

I t
I think you mistaken Ellis with shoenfield, shoenfield Will be delisted and pick up in rookie list like Brad sheer last year. This year is the end of Nicholls, with Darcy Cameron or younger ruckmen his likely replacement. Maybe Crossley will ruck more without Nicholls around in Neafl.

I thought Schoenfeld was delisted last year and re-rookied. We could see both Ellis and Schoenfeld delisted and put on the rookie list. I think both players add value to the list. We need 3 spots on the senior list and with Holman yet to be promoted I still think Ellis is a casualty of his injury

Remove this Banner Ad

Back