Rumour GFC 2019 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we have debated multiple names coming into replace TK ... but one does have to give it to the clubs.. in recent years they have made a lot of good calls. I find it hard to think we can get another Kelly at draft but I guess we can hope.

Think the mid season draft his ruined a lot of future TK being picked at the national

Think the mid season draft his ruined a lot of future TK being picked at the national

I'd doubt the mid season draft has done that... its long odds of getting a TK in any draft . The mid season draft is very unlikely to have someone like Kelly just show up. I have doubts if Kelly could have been a Kelly .. as kelly still spent a preseason getting up to afl standard... and a lot of the PS picks were were more like kreuger than Kelly.

Last edited:

I like th esound of this SA kid..I look forward to seeing more of him... especially when we seem to have uped of emphasis on natural goal kicking talent .. and GA contribution is instrumental but will have to be replaced with in a year or two..

https://afl.draftcentral.com.au/2019/06/03/draft-central-power-rankings-june-2019/
#11 Cameron Taheny
Norwood/South Australia | General Forward
03/08/2001 | 184cm | 80kg

The medium forward is an excitment machine who lit up the National Under 16 Championships in 2017. He continued that form in his bottom-age year for Norwood, booting six goals in a game last year to show off his talents inside 50. Similar to Dylan Williams, Taheny has his ups and downs, but his best is as good as anyone else’s in the draft crop. A good season could propel him into the top half of the first round, and he is a player who could turn a match on its head which will be crucial for South Australia at the National Under 18 Championships. Has already broken into the League side for Norwood and booted three goals on debut. One to watch through the year as someone who could rise.

May Ranking: #11

Last month: Has consolidated himself in the League side for Norwood along with Dylan Stephens, which has not been an easy thing to do for a forward. Taheny has benefited from a talented midfield, capitalising on his opportunities with 11 goals in three games at senior level, including a bag of five on the weekend where he also had six marks. He is knocking on the door of this top 10, and a good championships will see him leap into that group.

I'd doubt the mid season draft has done that... its long odds of getting a TK in any draft . The mid season draft is very unlikely to have someone like Kelly just show up. I have doubts if Kelly could have been a Kelly .. as kelly still spent a preseason getting up to afl standard... and a lot of the PS picks were were more like kreuger than Kelly.

So your saying two years ago when we drafted kelly that he wouldn’t have been drafted in a mid season draft that year??

Just watching Vic Metro v Country - both DeKoning and McAsey look decent KPD prospects.

The kid at CHF for VC looks handy for next year... a few players that could be handy even after the best two players.. and while every one of them plays well and jumps a tad , hopefully Copper S slides a touch by not playing .. if we can get him with something in the 20's I think we will be happy long term

The replay? Yes I liked DeKoning ...200cm..
The kid at CHF for VC looks handy for next year... a few players that could be handy even after the best two players.. and while every one of them plays well and jumps a tad , hopefully Copper S slides a touch by not playing .. if we can get him with something in the 20's I think we will be happy long term

Yes, watching the replay on Kayo. Both kids are decent overhead and look to be good decision makers by hand at least.

I've seen very little of Stephens so can't really judge. The game I saw he was pretty poor but that's just one match.

Got to say that overall I'm not overly impressed by the standard. Very few are great by foot.

Yes, watching the replay on Kayo. Both kids are decent overhead and look to be good decision makers by hand at least.

I've seen very little of Stephens so can't really judge. The game I saw he was pretty poor but that's just one match.

Got to say that overall I'm not overly impressed by the standard. Very few are great by foot.

Kayo seems to be getting popular.. I wonder what happens if it devalues Foxtel.. as it is foxtel isnt it?

I was happy enough with the standard.. some were better by foot than others from memorey like DeKnoing Worell Clark showed a bit. Young looked good..

Kayo seems to be getting popular.. I wonder what happens if it devalues Foxtel.. as it is foxtel isnt it?

I was happy enough with the standard.. some were better by foot than others from memorey like DeKnoing Worell Clark showed a bit. Young looked good..

Not sure about Worrell. Where does he play? Not big enough to play KP but does he enough of the footy to be a mid? Just not sure where he fits?

Not sure about Worrell. Where does he play? Not big enough to play KP but does he enough of the footy to be a mid? Just not sure where he fits?

There seems some rubbery info on his height ..some say 193 some say 196 (afl.com.au) .It would see a good height to me ..if you consider guys like Kolo and Henry are under that. I think it will be sorted by the combine and not sure on his dispossal. Jessie Clark did a couple of nice things but messed up abit as well. You know as well as I do ..this level is about moments and snippets. I like his potential as he seems mobile for his height ..and versatile as he has played a few different roles. De Koning presents as a late pick and having good genes never hurts..sort of reminded me of Blitz at times. I also like the game Comben the ruck.. Id not seen much of him before and he hel his own against Bryan.

To me at this stage the draft presents as a good one for the likes of Wells. In the top heavy draft where the best 15-20 standout .. just about everyone can say who are the best 15 ... but it seems a lot less heavy at the top.. so I think there will be good kids to be found

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4 goals today in VicM loss to WA

Yes, of course within hours of me posting that he plays forward and kicks 4. Bit Kreuger like do you think? That tall, mobile forward that's not quite key position.

The kid Garcia, who I mentioned a while back now, had a good game I see for WA. He's got some tricks. Not mentioned by any of the posters on the D&T board as yet.

Yes, of course within hours of me posting that he plays forward and kicks 4. Bit Kreuger like do you think? That tall, mobile forward that's not quite key position.

The kid Garcia, who I mentioned a while back now, had a good game I see for WA. He's got some tricks. Not mentioned by any of the posters on the D&T board as yet.

Cant visualise him...Garcia.
JW.. a Krueger type .. from what I have seen , which is not much Krueger is a stronger mark and setshot... but jw has more around the ground game. ..but yes there are similarities.

Cant visualise him...Garcia.
JW.. a Krueger type .. from what I have seen , which is not much Krueger is a stronger mark and setshot... but jw has more around the ground game. ..but yes there are similarities.

Garcia is a small midfielder. Very clever. His height may put a few clubs off him but he looks to me to have some very draftable atteibutes.

Would love to see that WA v Vic Metro match. I have a feeling that Rowell/Anderson aren’t as far ahead of the next group as has been touted.

Is he related to TDK?

brother at carlton , father was at the dogs ...

One would have to think Tom will struggle to get a game at the Blues fro the moment ..maybe long term ruck option. Id suspect how ever that the Blues will be very keen to get hold of Sam Walshs brother.. looks very mobile

The guy in the guts would be handy ... especially if we lose the best midView attachment 689493

Libba wouldnt pass the character test. Id be quite keen on Parish and Dunkley but Langdon is the one we should chase hard particularly if Kelly goes back to WA (Phillips is a similar player but i doubt he leaves Collingwood).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back