Injuries 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Carson Dial

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Not to sound too defeatist but there's still another half of the year to go so sadly no chance of this happening :'(

Right now I'm thinking about the people who wanted Sandi to retire mid-season, thank **** the big fella is on his way back in the not-too-distant future.
Whats the timeframe for Sandi’s return?

wild side

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2010
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Ballas said he was half way thru a running program. It was a six week program, and that was after the Collingwood win, so hopefully 2 weeks away from training with the main group.

Apr 7, 2010
West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Brewers
Whats the timeframe for Sandi’s return?

not too sure, since the club has been cagey when it comes to releasing timeframe for him (which is fine) but as far as i know he's been back on the track for about a month now and moving quite well.. hopefully someone else can provide a better answer.

tonygeeks

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 11, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yes Richmond have had a tough year with injuries, but Freo now have a similar number of injuries to our B22 as Richmond.
(ie. Richmond: Rance, Riewoldt, Nankervis, Lambert, Ellis, Astbury, Short & Freo: A.Pearce, Sandilands, Taberner, Lobb, S.Hill)

The difference is, Richmond are not a team in rebuild. They have depth and are still playing 10 to 13 players each and every week who have played 50+ games for Richmond ... meanwhile Freo have 5 to 7 players (the lowest average in the AFL). The other big difference is the AFL media will continually make excuses and offer sympathy to Richmond, while we will hear crickets regarding Freo.

Really ? I thought the biggest difference would have been Lobb and Pearce haven't even missed 1 game yet but here you are rolling out the excuses trying to bubble wrap your hero

Aug 6, 2018
Karratha or Windsor Hotel
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Perth
Surface definitely a factor. Too many injuries to be a coincidence.

Need to also consider what boots the players are wearing, is there enough padding in the boots?
Would like to think the club has a Podiatrist on the payroll the right boots and orthotic / cushioned inserts can go a long way to preventing foot injuries
Especially with the dubious Optus surface

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Square Peg

Cancelled
Fremantle Poster of the Year Fremantle Board Tipping Champion
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Losing Pearce is still a much bigger loss than Lobb. Sure he's played well the last two weeks but losing him is not season defining, he is not an A grade ruck. Darcy just needs to pull his finger out.
Hard to believe that a little over a week ago I thought our S&C team had finally turned it around. To paraphrase John Howard we've had five minutes of injury sunshine at this club, now it's raining again.

Frigate

Club Legend
Jun 17, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
Lobb was rucking at GWS, he would have been rucking at Gold Coast. He has not been injury prone in the past, so blaming Ross or the medical staff by playing a tall in the ruck seems crazy to me.

It is such a shame, but this blame game to me is just nonsensical. This injury is probably the one that will derail our season, if Alex Pearce alone was not enough. Why? Because we are just a team trying to get back in the 8, and with that we need a lot of things to go right.

Rory Lobb and a foot, well we have Hogan back out there and he had a similar thing going on I think - guess what - his was not injured due to Freo Medical staff or Optus Oval. I am NOT individualising any recent comments here or having a go at anyone - it is a fact that there has been a lot of conjecture and discussion regarding grounds and our medical staff. Any recent comments in this thread are valid and are worth discussion IMO.

It will be interesting what happens now. From an over supply of talls we are now stretched. It will certainly call for some changes the way we play. Hopefully the news on Lobbe is that he can make it back and we can win enough to play finals.

I am not throwing in the towel, we have an interesting time coming up with Hill and Bennell to come back. They might bring Hogan into form.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back