List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Mega Thread - Pickett is not eligible as F/S or NGA

Remove this Banner Ad

What i thought bloody joke would be nice most other clubs get free hits how we keep getting screwed
Nah, Pickett is the nephew of Byron and even if he was the son, he'd only be eligible for North Melbourne. You have to be born outside Aus to be NGA. Not even close to being eligible for us.

James Borlase however, that's where we've been totally fingered in the stink station.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nah, Pickett is the nephew of Byron and even if he was the son, he'd only be eligible for North Melbourne. You have to be born outside Aus to be NGA. Not even close to being eligible for us.

James Borlase however, that's where we've been totally fingered in the stink station.

Ah fair call hopefully we are working behind the scenes on borlase his old man was a gun.

Oh we can get nga access to an indigenous lad...

... if they were born in the Simpson desert on a Wednesday between 1995-2001 in a hospital that faced east and Keith Thomas rolls a die and gets 4 or higher.

Meanwhile if Peter Burgoyne moved to Melbourne tommorow Jase would probably qualify for hawthorns nga before the 2020 draft.

Oh we can get nga access to an indigenous lad...

... if they were born in the Simpson desert on a Wednesday between 1995-2001 in a hospital that faced east and Keith Thomas rolls a die and gets 4 or higher.

Meanwhile if Peter Burgoyne moved to Melbourne tommorow Jase would probably qualify for hawthorns nga before the 2020 draft.

He would qualify under the 'He's seen outback Australia on a map' Vic club rule.

HIGHLY-RATED midfielder Caleb Serong produced a brilliant individual performance as Vic Country remained unbeaten at this year's NAB AFL Under-18 Championships with a 97-point thumping of the Allies at UTAS Stadium on Sunday.

Serong showed his class as he collected 22 disposals, seven marks, six tackles and three goals as Vic Country registered an easy 18.8 (116) to 2.7 (19) victory.

Vic Country failed to pick up a win at the 2018 Championships, but have already shown they are an improved side this year as they followed up last week's upset victory over Vic Metro with an easy triumph over the Allies in Launceston.

And it was the class of Serong that proved pivotal in the win, as the Vic Country co-captain - who has been likened to Port Adelaide star Robbie Gray - shone for a second consecutive week.

Serong had plenty of helpers, with Lachie Ash (29 disposals) and Riley Baldi (29 touches and 13 marks) also winning plenty of the ball and Bendigo Pioneers product Brodie Kemp (20 possessions and 10 marks) dominant down back.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-06-09/robbie-gray-clone-shines-as-vic-country-thumps-allies

Watched the wa v Vic metro and the allies v country games today

Vic metro have too many passengers. Not enough guys working on the outside. Vic country should be favs right now. Perth has a fleet of small running players that work hard into space and can kick goals though.

WA. Only watched 1st half today.

Elijah Taylor 185cm forward was very lively. Reads it well in the air.

Trent Rivers had a horrendous moment of ball watching when he impersonated a mannequin while Worrell marked a ball sat on his head that will take some convincing to make me forget. Lots of people love him though but that is etched into my brain. Pretty sure a wa coach or selector on the road to the draft podcast said they are playing him back to try to get him to play tighter as he plays loose. (I think they were talking about him).

Sharp is a great size and fast. Would he have the same issues here as bonner has and Polec had is my fear. Today didn’t change my mind on him.

Didn’t watch Robertson closely in the stoppages but he can find the ball and didn’t see anything that I didn’t like. Ball magnet.

Vic M

McAsey is a safe pick as a defender. Looks born for it.

Potter is the worst handballer I’ve ever seen. His kicking was fine in the game though and he is lightening.

Worrell is going to get drafted early. Kicked 4 but was mostly playing on the wing.

Allies

Mitch O’Neill love the way he lowers his eyes and picks out targets. Absolutely elite trait. Moves, changes direction, clean, vision and delivers lace out.

Vic C

Serong was dominant. Just gets involved in everything. Has a knack of turning every single contest into a clear takeaway. It’s like no one wants to touch him because he has cooties.

Dow was everywhere. Must be a good runner cause he got around multiple contests.

Baldi was involved around the ground

Hayden young was Hayden young. Such a balanced player. Would kill to have him. Defensive. Great user. Doesn’t make mistakes. Plays super tight, I mean he wears his opponents like buffalo bill likes to wear his victims.

Ash was ash. This Vic country team has so many reliable players. Another that could play year one.

I can’t get a good read on Rantall. Good size runs and looks alright without being amazing. Unsure what his level is.

Brady Rowles worked hard on the wing.

They’re playing kemp in defense and I still saw him break away from a few clearances. He has the kind of power through the core he could tow a tractor across the field while playing. I really really like him.

Dekoning might not have done much but he moves well for a 200cm defender. The kind of project that if he did pay off would pay off well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone posted a stream of the WA vs Vic Metro game on the D&T board.

Overall, Metro were very much flattered by the scoreboard. A few junk time goals and a bit of inaccuracy saved them for what looked on balance every bit a 10 goal loss. WA had some mature body mids who really beat Metro up on the inside, the opposite of what we are used to between these sides, and plenty of pace and skill on the outside which Metro don’t seem to have in their depth players.

Player reviews - I mostly focused on the WA boys as it’s hard to cover too many without commentary and we never draft from Vic Metro:

Robertson - in everything particular early and set the tone with his attack on the footy. Took a mark running back with the flight in the first 10 minutes. He’s this year’s instalment of a mature body mid who will dominate the Champs but the question will be is there another gear. I don’t have a great record predicting these types and neither do AFL recruiters.

Luke Jackson - probably my best on ground. Moves like an AFL ruckman in their prime. Took marks, won clearance, ripped the ball out of the air in the ruck. He’s first round material. Gets his hands to it in the ruck but like most U18 ruckman doesn’t direct it well yet.

Garcia - small but tenacious. Good skills on either side of his body. Would be interested to see him play forward, as that will be his likely home at AFL level. Should get drafted.

Henry - Played as a small full forward and kicked goals a bit like Michael Walters a few years ago. He and Bennell are going to be so much fun to watch over the next weeks. Elite forward pressure and all the tricks you can imagine.

Pina - AFL quality shutdown small defender. Some of his kicking to players on the move was top shelf. Will go in the national draft.

Johnson - I want this guy. Played half back but looked a bit like 2019 Karl Amon. Super clean below his knees and class foot skills. Kicked 2 goals in 2 minutes from team mates handing him the ball outside 50m like his former Collingwood namesake.

Warner - Strong young man who did a job on Rowell. Tackled hard all day and brought Rowell to ground every time he touched it. Unsure of his scope but deserves credit for his game.

Sharp - probably the best vision/foot skills out there. Plays a bit like Brodie Smith and will line up at AFL level round 1 2020. Maybe needs to work harder off the ball.

Jai Jackson - Natural big bodied mid/half forward. Hard to know off a stream but I feel he must have exceptional running patterns as he kept popping up in the right spots. Few skill errors but the mechanics look fine. Very good game.

Taylor - He’s an excitement machine. Always looked a chance for mark or goal of the day, in the end a good steady performance. Could be one of the most tenanted players in the draft. Watch this space.

Bennell - he did kick goal of the day but unfortunately it was touched. He’s a pint sized Cyril. Bit of a hard nut with his physical pressure for a guy his size. Actually paused the game to look up if he’d be playing league such was his hardness and poise, not at all surprised to see that he had and had been kicking goals too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back