List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

He has looked good in the NEAFL this year... I still think he is worth another year

My thoughts on the NEAFL is that if you are not dominating NEAFL within your first 10 games you are probably not AFL standard.

After watching the Allies U18, many of whom rack up stats in the NEAFL, get their collective asses handed to them I have little respect for NEAFL form.

FYI Budarick looked small by u18 standards, he will find it difficult to make an impact at AFL level.

My ideal players in this year draft if downgrade pick 2, Hayden young, Will Gould, Brodie Kemp, Serong, Taheny and Budarick (if Martin and Sam Day decided to said goodbye ) . The rest of GC academy can go rookie A or B.

My thoughts on the NEAFL is that if you are not dominating NEAFL within your first 10 games you are probably not AFL standard.

After watching the Allies U18, many of whom rack up stats in the NEAFL, get their collective asses handed to them I have little respect for NEAFL form.

FYI Budarick looked small by u18 standards, he will find it difficult to make an impact at AFL level.

I don’t think Nicholls is AFL top flight ruckman but he is a decent third stringer.

Gives the midfielders first use in the neafl which is what you need at that level

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

My ideal players in this year draft if downgrade pick 2, Hayden young, Will Gould, Brodie Kemp, Serong, Taheny and Budarick (if Martin and Sam Day decided to said goodbye ) . The rest of GC academy can go rookie A or B.

Why the hell would we downgrade our probable pick 1 or 2 when Rowell and Anderson are miles ahead of the rest in this years crop and are both outstanding midfielders which is the thing we are in desperate need of... would be the same sort of stupid decision we made when we swapped Clayton Oliver for Cal Ahchee 🤬

I don’t think Nicholls is AFL top flight ruckman but he is a decent third stringer.

Gives the midfielders first use in the neafl which is what you need at that level

Unfortunately we cannot give up a list spot to a guy who has maxed out as a third string ruck with questionable commitment to getting the best out of his footy.

You can pick up 2nd string rucks for bugger all cost

Brooksby gave us more than Nicholls.

Last edited:
Why the hell would we downgrade our probable pick 1 or 2 when Rowell and Anderson are miles ahead of the rest in this years crop and are both outstanding midfielders which is the thing we are in desperate need of... would be the same sort of stupid decision we made when we swapped Clayton Oliver for Cal Ahchee 🤬

Where is there talk about downgrading our pick?
Agree would be crazy to do so. Need to get more A-grade material into our lineup. Perfect opportunity to do so.

Not sure where it’s coming from but Peel keeps mentioning it

I mention it does not mean the management will do it. I just to want to see picking one player like Sam day/Bennell is good for the overall team or do it like Brisbane McCluggage and Berry are better (instead of taranto), with the amount of injuries GCS had eg Rankine, I don't think picking one quality player is enough to cover for the team injuries toll every year . As good as Anderson and Powell are they only one player you can choose from pick 1 or 2 like Rankine. How durable are they is another question you need to consider.
Can't believe your don't want to apply for priority pick, only demand a late first round for Martin on main board get stuck in not giving up pick 2 for pick 3-5 and a later first round pick. I watched VIC metro VS WA. WA won because they don't depend on superstar, so is VIC country VS allies.

Martin /Bennell is a great example of early pick don't guarantee success.
Rozee, Butters, Dursma with Port already show more that King, Lukosius and Rankine in their first year. Ainsworth and Bowes also had more injuries than McGrath, taranto, McCluggage drafted in the same year.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mention it does not mean the management will do it. I just to want to see picking one player like Sam day/Bennell is good for the overall team or do it like Brisbane McCluggage and Berry are better (instead of taranto), with the amount of injuries GCS had eg Rankine, I don't think picking one quality player is enough to cover for the team injuries toll every year . As good as Anderson and Powell are they only one player you can choose from pick 1 or 2 like Rankine. How durable are they is another question you need to consider.
Can't believe your don't want to apply for priority pick, only demand a late first round for Martin on main board get stuck in not giving up pick 2 for pick 3-5 and a later first round pick. I watched VIC metro VS WA. WA won because they don't depend on superstar, so is VIC country VS allies.

Martin /Bennell is a great example of early pick don't guarantee success.
Rozee, Butters, Dursma with Port already show more that King, Lukosius and Rankine in their first year.

Ideally we have no bargaining power with players who may seek a trade. So I think your right if we want a better draft hand we will have to swap picks. I hope we get pick 1 cause we could get some sweetheart deals that way!

Rozee, Butters, Dursma with Port already show more that King, Lukosius and Rankine in their first year. Ainsworth and Bowes also had more injuries than McGrath, taranto, McCluggage drafted in the same year.

If Rozee, Butters, Dursma play for suns would be same developed as king lukosius rankine because suns don’t have same solid core of senior players to build around has been the issue since day one.. if jaydin Stevenson play at suns not Collingwood he would be in neafl plodding away

Suns injuries go back to the start always been injury ridden Prestia Bennell Dixon Thompson McKenzie Lonergan matera were always in and out injured

If people think downgraded to pick 3 to 5 a bad deal, look at what hawthorn fan posted
In their board.

Pick 8 + Pick 13 + Roughead —> (Gold Coast) Pick 2 + Pick 52

I think we are heading towards a #1 pick as the Blues have a better squad than us right now given our injuries.

Also comes with #1 pick in PSD. Not that anyone has gone via PSD in years but certainly gives the Sun's leverage to not get bent over a barrel if we can convince an uncontested senior player to come to us in a trade.

Who needs Pick #1......Sydney certainly didn't.

2009: Sam Reid (Pick 38, national draft)

2010: Luke Parker (Pick 40, national draft)

2013: George Hewett (Pick 32, national draft), Aliir Pick (Pick 44, national draft), Jake Lloyd (rookie draft), Dane Rampe (rookie draft)

2014: Lewis Melican (rookie draft)

2015: Jordan Dawson (Pick 55, national draft), Tom Papley (rookie draft), Colin O’Riordan (Category B rookie)

I gave up pick 1 for Lachie Whitfield type of proven talent.

Another year it might be worth it, but this year, with all reports the top 2 draft picks are far and away better than everyone else. I would be keeping hold of 1/2.
I think you’ll find by the end of the season draft watchers will be talking about possibly 4 or 5 players in that top group.

Right now I believe Hayden Young is up there already. Lachlan Ash is pushing up as well.

Then there’s Vic Country’s captain, Caleb Serong. He’s been compared by Cal Twomey to Ben Ainsworth, but already midfield ready. He’s been dominating the midfield for Vic Country at the U18 Championships.

If you could get Hayden Young and Serong, by trading pick 1 or 2, you’re probably coming out ahead.

But..... and it’s a big but. You need a team who has two high first round picks to make the trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back