Game Day Crows v Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Brodie Grundy and the Pies 1st rounder for ROB? Tell em they’re dreaming
giphy.gif

Nah, Brad sucks balls defensively. It's just a fact
https://www.aflcoaches.com.au/awards/the-aflca-champion-player-of-the-year-award/leaderboard

LEADERBOARD
VOTES PLAYER CLUB
63 Tim Kelly GEEL
52 Patrick Cripps CARL
49 Brodie Grundy COLL
47 Travis Boak PORT
46 Ben Cunnington NMFC'
45 Nat Fyfe FRE
44 Marcus Bontempelli WB
44 Lachlan Neale BL
44 Luke Shuey WCE
42 Scott Pendlebury COLL
39 Patrick Dangerfield GEEL
38 Stephen Coniglio GWS
38 Max Gawn MELB
38 Elliot Yeo WCE
37 Gary Ablett GEEL
36 Jeremy Cameron GWS
36 Lachie Whitfield GWS
34 Tim Taranto GWS
33 Brad Crouch ADEL
32 Ricky Henderson HAW

Tex - 15 possessions 6 marks 3 I50, 8 score involvements, 2 goals.

Grotto: against good opposition
HS: goal and big marks at critical times in the last quarter.

That. Is. All.
Which makes me ask why he can't play that way on a consistent basis from week to week - or even for just 4 quarters. If he showed the same intensity he had in the last 8 minutes for the full 4 quarters he would be on top of the Coleman.

No coincedence that when he's stood up the last two weeks and attacked the contest is when we've overrun our opposition. He's a key player and we need him to play that way consistently and not in bursts.

https://www.aflcoaches.com.au/awards/the-aflca-champion-player-of-the-year-award/leaderboard

LEADERBOARD
VOTES PLAYER CLUB
Tim Kelly GEEL
52 Patrick Cripps CARL
49 Brodie Grundy COLL
47 Travis Boak PORT
46 Ben Cunnington NMFC'
45 Nat Fyfe FRE
44 Marcus Bontempelli WB
44 Lachlan Neale BL
44 Luke Shuey WCE
42 Scott Pendlebury COLL
39 Patrick Dangerfield GEEL
38 Stephen Coniglio GWS
38 Max Gawn MELB
38 Elliot Yeo WCE
37 Gary Ablett GEEL
36 Jeremy Cameron GWS
36 Lachie Whitfield GWS
34 Tim Taranto GWS
33 Brad Crouch ADEL
32 Ricky Henderson HAW
Mate, how many times can you post coaches votes? I've pulled out plenty of examples where B Crouch has failed to chase. His offensive game is building nicely, but if you think his defensive game is up to scratch then you're a poor judge.

PS he's one above Ricky Henderson. Now, Ricky is having a nice season, but his inclusion shows that these votes aren't reflective of defensive output.

Try to do your own analysis.

Top win tonight against a genuine contender, The team showed Great resilience to wrestle the game back and over run them in the last quarter. The leaders stood up when needed. Good to see Tex and Jenkins show doubters there's plenty left in the tank. Getting really good vibes and I believe this team is going to be a major player in September.

Mate, how many times can you post coaches votes? I've pulled out plenty of examples where B Crouch has failed to chase. His offensive game is building nicely, but if you think his defensive game is up to scratch then you're a poor judge.

PS he's one above Ricky Henderson. Now, Ricky is having a nice season, but his inclusion shows that these votes aren't reflective of defensive output.

Try to do your own analysis.

C’mon this is disingenuous

No, of course it doesn’t isolate defensive output

But it does show overall impact as adjudicated at the highest level

There is no way anyone that high up on the leagues top players gets there by gifting the opposition all sorts of advantages

Their defensive impact is priced in, and when the price is that high, the defensive rating can’t be that low

So no Hendo isn’t a defensive liability and neither is Brouch

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tex after the game said regarding that mark ... 'i didn't think I had that in me' ? Seemed a very strange comment to me. He worked really hard, was massive in the last quarter.

ROB immense. Going to be hilarious to watch how the media and the club handle the Jacobs story. They cannot drop ROB under any circumstances.

Gallucci was excellent. Does not mind physical contact at all.

Douglas was terrible ... Unless I missed his role?

Would love to find a way to make Greenwood a permanent forward. Not sure how that can happen ... But it makes too much sense.

Sent using Tapatalk App on Android.

Tex after the game said regarding that mark ... 'i didn't think I had that in me' ? Seemed a very strange comment to me. He worked really hard, was massive in the last quarter.

Shows his confidence in his game has evaporated

C’mon this is disingenuous

No, of course it doesn’t isolate defensive output

But it does show overall impact as adjudicated at the highest level

There is no way anyone that high up on the leagues top players gets there by gifting the opposition all sorts of advantages

Their defensive impact is priced in, and when the price is that high, the defensive rating can’t be that low

So no Hendo isn’t a defensive liability and neither is Brouch
Look, it's clear that Brad is getting a lot of the ball, although his disposal efficiency means only about two thirds are statistically effective, and the eye test tells you that more than a few of those sell his teammates into trouble. And when your captain has to physically push you to get you to chase, that should indicate your defensive running is something to work on.

When you consider that coaches votes are given directly after the game, by both coaches, there's a fair chance those votes aren't uppermost in a coaches mind. Hell, the casting of those votes might even be delegated to someone else. We also know that part of coaching is "sending messages". Most importantly, we havent seen any coach put any work into limiting Brads output. In short, I don't think theyre the best indicator of a players overall worth to a team.

I'm enjoying Brad impacting games more, looking fitter, and starting to fulfil his promise. But there's no doubt he has to work on his defensive action, and if you can't see that, you're not watching.

Happy to put my hand up and say I wrote off Gallucci too early this year. Has had a great couple of weeks, really handy as that forward-of-centre midfielder, particularly when we're coming out of defence.

Douglas had a shocker. If he was a young player being given a game based on SANFL performances, he'd be straight back down to the twos after that.

O'Brien is determined to take the selection question out of the hands of the coaches. Monstrous performance :thumbsu:

Jenkins looking back to his old self again. We should drop him for an extended period every year :p

Look, it's clear that Brad is getting a lot of the ball, although his disposal efficiency means only about two thirds are statistically effective, and the eye test tells you that more than a few of those sell his teammates into trouble. And when your captain has to physically push you to get you to chase, that should indicate your defensive running is something to work on.

When you consider that coaches votes are given directly after the game, by both coaches, there's a fair chance those votes aren't uppermost in a coaches mind. Hell, the casting of those votes might even be delegated to someone else. We also know that part of coaching is "sending messages". Most importantly, we havent seen any coach put any work into limiting Brads output. In short, I don't think theyre the best indicator of a players overall worth to a team.

I'm enjoying Brad impacting games more, looking fitter, and starting to fulfil his promise. But there's no doubt he has to work on his defensive action, and if you can't see that, you're not watching.

I can’t think many statements that make less sense that suggesting the players who were most influential in the game aren’t in the coaches minds at the the end of the game

That is literally all they have been thinking about for the last 3 hours

Did anyone read the Giants last night? Something like:

“Crows are struggling and should have gone down to the Dees, meanwhile we are just having fun”

Sometimes cheer squads should just say nothing.

Happy to put my hand up and say I wrote off Gallucci too early this year. Has had a great couple of weeks, really handy as that forward-of-centre midfielder, particularly when we're coming out of defence.

Douglas had a shocker. If he was a young player being given a game based on SANFL performances, he'd be straight back down to the twos after that.

O'Brien is determined to take the selection question out of the hands of the coaches. Monstrous performance :thumbsu:

Jenkins looking back to his old self again. We should drop him for an extended period every year :p
I wrote him off too.

But he seems to have a bit of composure around the ball and some footy IQ. Something lacking for a few of our players.

I wrote him off too.

But he seems to have a bit of composure around the ball and some footy IQ. Something lacking for a few of our players.

Agreed, but I feel he needs to work further on his repeat efforts. More than once, in contested-ball situations on the wing, he has given one or two efforts, and then stopped and watched the oppo run into attack with the ball. Third and higher defensive efforts to kill the ball were required, and would have been given by many of our players.

I can’t think many statements that make less sense that suggesting the players who were most influential in the game aren’t in the coaches minds at the the end of the game

That is literally all they have been thinking about for the last 3 hours
Meanwhile, while you're playing word games, Brad still sucks defensively :)

Did anyone read the Giants last night? Something like:

“Crows are struggling and should have gone down to the Dees, meanwhile we are just having fun”

Sometimes cheer squads should just say nothing.

1560081347912.png

I'm surprised to read so many negative opinions of Atkins' game last night.

I thought he was quite good. Got to the right spots, won a reasonable amount of ball, and managed to avoid his usual trick of taking on a player and getting caught HTB. Thought he used it quite well too, considering he was usually the one who would receive the ball in a congested situation. One of his better performances this year, for sure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back