Welcome Welcome National Draft Pick #13 - Jordan Gallucci

Johnny Rutten

Anarchy for the AFC, it's coming sometime...
Apr 25, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
:moustache: has been good the last two weeks. Finally settling into this AFL caper, me thinks.

rocket18

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 9, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Goody Saints
Love how Pykes pumping games into him, this enables us to find out if he has got it or he is wasting a spot on the list.

I reckon he will make the grade, well worth investing games into his development.

We did it with Milera, wish we would do it with more youngsters instead of wasting games on Douglas.

Sep 19, 2007
The Pub
AFL Club
Adelaide
Love how Pykes pumping games into him, this enables us to find out if he has got it or he is wasting a spot on the list.

I reckon he will make the grade, well worth investing games into his development.

We did it with Milera, wish we would do it with more youngsters instead of wasting games on Douglas.

I think when you’ve got a 3rd year mid type, you’ve got to make a decision, either pump games into him(and find out either way) or make a decision that he’s not good enough and move on. There’s a few exceptions with the real “speculative” types, but even then. Talls, especially rucks are a little different.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
He reminds me of Jack Martin a bit in that I don't think he's ever going to be a guy who averages 25+ touches a game. If he can get up to 20-22 a game and continue to have the same sort of impact he does now with them then he could become very useful.

He's one of the few midfielders we have who actually lowers his eyes and looks for a leading target going inside 50.
For sure..He has been excellent at spotting up targets inside 50.

Crowbots are dead

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
I’m surprised that the doubters aren’t relenting. He is quick and has elite disposal. He has the potential to be extremely dangerous. Really don’t understand why some don’t rate him

He was pretty good with limited touches vs Melbourne- plenty of score involvements.

With young players I think you've got to look to see whether they have attributes that you can project out. I reckon Gooch has them- speed, suprisingly good contest work, and he shows flashes of elite disposal.

He was pretty good with limited touches vs Melbourne- plenty of score involvements.

With young players I think you've got to look to see whether they have attributes that you can project out. I reckon Gooch has them- speed, suprisingly good contest work, and he shows flashes of elite disposal.

Goochs career trajectory is going to be very Douglas like I feel. One of those if used correctly you could get a borderline A grade midfielder out of, but could be made very ineffective by improper use.

The disposal isn't going to be elite though, more in that Tom Lynch mold of a very solid short kick but lacking that zone breaking weapon.

There is a good bit of cleanliness there (that call baffled me but it could just be from the first couple of games this season) and that contested marking could be a pretty big weapon as well. Endurance is another in Jordan's kit bag.

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels Beaufort Crows
I’m surprised that the doubters aren’t relenting. He is quick and has elite disposal. He has the potential to be extremely dangerous. Really don’t understand why some don’t rate him
elite disposal?

That's laying it on way too thick.

Averaging a DE% of 65.6% this season and a career DE% of 63.1% for an "outside" player that averages twice as many uncontested possessions as contested does not denote a player with "elite" disposal. 6 turnovers and 55.6 DE% last night.

Hopefully he can follow a similar trajectory as Simpkin for North, who was taken a few picks ahead of him and looks a very similar type player.

Simpkin has played twice the games though and is just starting to come good now.

Sep 5, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
elite disposal?

Averaging a DE% of 65.6% this season and a career DE% of 63.1% for an "outside" player that averages twice as many uncontested possessions as contested does not denote a player with "elite" disposal. 6 turnovers and 55.6 DE% last night.
Are you ever going to be happy with Gooch?

dplggr47

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
Gooch is more damaging with 14 touches than D-Mac with 20 though. Mackay's go-to move is long down the line. Just feels like Gooch has a few more tricks up his sleeve to be totally vanilla like Mackay.
When does DMac ever get 20 touches in a game?
Gooch has much greater potential, just needs to get more of it.

Are you ever going to be happy with Gooch?

Eh, I get the complaint. Gooch has a lot of upside, but elite disposal isn't one of them. He should end up at a similar level to Lynch though in that regard which is more then good enough disposal wise (and Lynch is more reliable then elite)

Not every player needs a zone breaking kick and that + good speed will be the basis of a very good player.

119others

The Crows are coming
Apr 19, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
elite disposal?

As a poster ordinarily pre-disposed positively toward our young players what’s your issue with Gooch? Was there anything you liked in his game last night?

Crowbots are dead

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
elite disposal?

You are right at the moment but if he starts to improve his disposal efficiency can you promise not to go back and air brush your comments like you have on earlier posts in this thread

Back