Review Good/Bad v GWS, Rd 12 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

He was really poor on the night. Cost us 2 goals with poor efforts/fumbles.

Huge in the last quarter but realistically he stank prior.
Agree.

It was like he wasn't mentally prepared after the late call up.

Firstly, I didn’t bring it up. I responded to another poster who stated that we’ll smash 50k and expressed that I disagreed due to the weather forecast. You decided to take issue with my response, despite the fact that I wasn’t addressing you.

Secondly, not sure of the relevance of the 38k crowd that you keep banging on about. Oh yep that automatically means we’ll get 12k more than that in rain does it? 🥴

None of the crowds you’ve googled were in heavy rain. Not one.

Bye.

“No point discussing it “ but I’ll “discuss” it .....

D366EFF2-0321-48C2-8E3D-D429A534FB64.gif

I don't get this. It's an old myth. The food quality has IMPROVED immensely at the footy in recent years. Sure the prices have gone up (probs a bit too much, but running a venue isn't cheap)

The chips at AO are of excellent quality especially. Fresh, crispy and hot. Not once have i had an issue. And no one has to buy them. You can bring your own food. I think they're about $5

I attend with my 10yo son and we bring our own water, fruit and some cheese and bacon rolls. Only thing we buy is some hot chips (and on occasion the chicken bites if we don't bring the C+B rolls) and they are also of excellent quality

Exsctly

No one has to buy food and drink at AO.

If you can’t afford to or don’t want to, don’t buy any

On the footy, i reckon ROB played a blinder because he knows Sauce is back and has played well upon his return in the magoos. Had to lift to hold his spot. Now they can't drop him after a game like that

The (basically) non-existent injury list means you have to play well if you want to keep your spot. And this can only be a good thing as we move into the back half of the year
It would not surprise me if he was told that he would play this week and then be rested next week for sauce on the back of a 5 day break. Very crow like selection policy. Anyone know if sauce had his minutes managed?

Isn’t that a minimum expectation more than a virtue?

Smithers was average this week, largely unsighted

He’ll bounce back next week I’m sure

Ideally, sure. But realistically how many players meet that expectation?

Smithers stood out this week because his second and third efforts reeked of desperation. In a player having an average game, you could argue that's somewhat of a virtue.

Gallucci's moustache should be taking note.
Make it mo gooch

mo-gooch-jpg.689634

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, I'm not going as far as saying he's a gun or anything. Have been any signs that do lead you to revisit your previous view though?

Not yet, but I’m open to it

I’ve watched him find a little form which I’m pleased by, though I haven’t seen much change in who he is and how he goes it about

At the moment he still looks like who he always has been. Effort is up, seems a little more comfortable out there but I need more clean takes, less fumbling, and better, quicker decision making

I don’t see much more than a poor mans douglas or a Matthew Wright at present.

I do think he did enough to keep his spot for a couple more rounds so he’ll get a chance to build further

Ideally, sure. But realistically how many players meet that expectation?

Smithers stood out this week because his second and third efforts reeked of desperation. In a player having an average game, you could argue that's somewhat of a virtue.

Second and third efforts whilst laudable tend to be the preserve of guys who don’t have the ball.

Get ball, AND put in defensively is a good game for an offensive weapon

I don't get this. It's an old myth. The food quality has IMPROVED immensely at the footy in recent years. Sure the prices have gone up (probs a bit too much, but running a venue isn't cheap)

The chips at AO are of excellent quality especially. Fresh, crispy and hot. Not once have i had an issue. And no one has to buy them. You can bring your own food. I think they're about $5

I attend with my 10yo son and we bring our own water, fruit and some cheese and bacon rolls. Only thing we buy is some hot chips (and on occasion the chicken bites if we don't bring the C+B rolls) and they are also of excellent quality
Isn't a bowl of chips in a food court about $5?

That seems like what the price SHOULD be.

Exsctly

No one has to buy food and drink at AO.

If you can’t afford to or don’t want to, don’t buy any
I'm not going to go to the footy, which I enjoy doing, because the food that I don't have to buy is expensive.

Sure, whatever.

The best thing about the game was we have found our next gun midfielder (and he was sitting under our nose the whole time).

Milera spent 100% of his ToG in the midfield. He spent 30% on the wing and 70% as an inside mid. He spent nearly the entire last quarter as an inside mid and this was a significant factor in our success.

We used five inside mids last night with centre square involvements splitting Mrouch- 17, Brouch-15, Sloane-16, CEY-11 and Milera-13. Dougie wandered in for two centre bounces and The Rat one (may have got lost looking for the wing :rolleyes:). There were 13 different combinations of players (excluding the ruckmen) which is a big change from a few years ago.

THE MIGHTY THOR, Gibbs and Poholke will have to get in front of one of these five players if they want to play meaningful minutes in the midfield.

Another interesting change was that we moved Brodie Smith onto the wing in the second half of the last quarter, the same happened against Melbourne. Greenwood played purely as a forward although he played a bit of the Lynch high half forward role. He had only 67% ToG so I would not be surprised if he is “rested” this week and given 3-4 weeks to improve his fitness, possibly coming back after the Geelong match.

Why was Davis so pissed off in the dying minutes?

I tried to work it out. When Sloane took the mark Tex clapped at Shaw and gave him s**t then Kennedy clobbered Tex with a roundarm from behind. Something happened when the camera panned away and Davis lost his s**t. Called Tex a s**t bloke and a disgrace twice (one with an F in front). It was amusing especially with Razor carrying on.

Not yet, but I’m open to it

I’ve watched him find a little form which I’m pleased by, though I haven’t seen much change in who he is and how he goes it about

At the moment he still looks like who he always has been. Effort is up, seems a little more comfortable out there but I need more clean takes, less fumbling, and better, quicker decision making

I don’t see much more than a poor mans douglas or a Matthew Wright at present.

I do think he did enough to keep his spot for a couple more rounds so he’ll get a chance to build further
M Wright? That’s just being silly. Wright was slow, not agile, couldn’t jump, no left foot and couldn’t kick 40m on his right. Compare that to the fast, agile, vertical jump record holding (or close to) Gooch who can easily kick 50 and had shown deft prowess on his left (last qtr SCG 2018).

Gooch is building nicely after an injury interrupted PS and doubters will start fading fast from here in my view.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back