Endless Summer of Cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I was raising was some players are better occupying the crease when in trouble & others are better at accelerating the run rate. Our line up should be flexible based on the circumstances.

NCN got us out of trouble though so that's all that matters.
Spot on. With all the T20 played it can be forgotten that the 50 over format offers plenty of scope for a test innings when required.

Smith played just such an innings the other night and his presence holds us in good stead in so far as we have a proper test player to either build around or to rescue an innings

Warner put a net bowler in hospital..... smacked one back at him at hit him in the head.

Scary

We are going to be chasing a very big score tonight!
Bowling seems pretty uninspiring after Cummins and Starc. Samoa seems to be struggling a bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking like a 330+ chase total. Looking forward to our batting response after this.
Reckon we may be chasing 350+

Need at least 1 of our openers to score big tonight, preferably both.

India cruising. I imagine it’ll be a England v India final, but I hope not. Wouldn’t mind seeing nz or West Indies or Pakistan win, but maybe that’s a bit fanciful

It was going to be ugly with no wickets down towards the end, but this has been a poor bowling effort from the Aussies.

Reckon we may be chasing 350+

Need at least 1 of our openers to score big tonight, preferably both.
330 was a par target I reckon. 350 is going to be a bit too much of an ask from our form perspective, as well as historical perspective.

Our bowling was pretty crap in the last 10 overs too. Too many wides and short deliveries, easily pulled for runs.

Looks a genuine road. Lets see how we start with the bat first before declaring that we are finished in this tournament.
If we can pull a win from this, then it's going to be hard to argue we can't go all the way. Must get a minimum 300 score to maintain confidence for the rest of the series.

What a wonderful long weekend of sport!

Barty win French Open.
Cricket World Cup Aus vs India.
Women's World Cup Soccer Aus vs Italy.
And Crows win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back