Unofficial Preview Changes/pre-match discussion vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Much prefer to see McKay in the side than Durdin. McKay has a bright future in the game, Durdin doesn’t. McKay is more physical, shows urgency, and can mark the ball with relative frequency. Durdin has none of these capabilities

Sorry but neither of these players have convinced me that they are up to it. Maybe in the future but at the moment they are not good enough.

I hope it rains. GWS hate rain.

Hobart doesn't rain much and Bellerive dries quick. It's an International standard cricket ground.

I don't think rain will be a (key) factor. Cold, dewy and a bit windy, yes very likely.

Last edited:

Thats gonna hurt us big time.

I wonder who can step up to be the replacement we need and the playmaker he is for us, especially in centre clearances.

It’s probably good for us medium term - it’s forces us to experience life without Higgo.

Someone could step up, it’s got a huge silver lining that’s for certain.

Sorry but neither of these players have convinced me that they are up to it. Maybe in the future but at the moment they are not good enough.

Based on a dozen of top grade games between them?

I would like to see us target the big Mummy right from the getgo, and give him a dose of his medicine for a change, he is guaranteed to give away a few free kicks at least, and most of his team mates would be in shock, nothing dirty or illegal, just a constant flow of niggles and bumps etc, karma.

Dumont is the least of our worries.

He’s having a better year than Higgins was.

I’d have another look at Durdin, but I’ve got a fork in him.

Ahern has to finally come back in.

If Turner is sore give him a week off too.

Only the 1 change required this week.

Out - Higgins

In - JMac

And I would play JMAc on the wing - a straight replacement for Higgo.

Will be a real mid field test this week and we need our guys all playing well and working hard off the ball.

Tough - but winnable - match.

Really disagree on Dumont he has been great this year.
Tackles hard, finds it, runs all day. Disposal isn’t world changing but is generally pretty neat.

All the best teams have fast and skilful wingers.

When you are his pace, you need to be more damaging.

You’ve got no idea.

This might be true but he's a good ordinaryish player who wouldn't get a game in a top 4 team.

You are another supporter who loves being bang ordinary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Macmillan is fit I expect he'll come in for Higgins, and Durdin will be retained to play on Finlayson.

Only the 1 change required this week.

Out - Higgins

In - JMac

And I would play JMAc on the wing - a straight replacement for Higgo.

Will be a real mid field test this week and we need our guys all playing well and working hard off the ball.

Tough - but winnable - match.
If Macmillan is fit I expect he'll come in for Higgins, and Durdin will be retained to play on Finlayson.
We need to bring in a mid to match it with their mids. Gotta be Ahern. Against his old club too for added motivation!

We're fine down back with Taz, Thompson and Durds to cover their talls. Don't need to bring in another defender.
And no I'm not keen on moving someone like LMac into the midfield to accommodate JMac. We already have a better mid in Ahern.

Seriously if Ahern doesn’t come in now something is seriously wrong. The last time he played in Hobart he had 38 possessions against the premiers. Surely the club hasn’t improved so much that he is left out when Higgins goes down.

5-6 games of uninterrupted game time and reassess when Higgins is good to go.

Dumont is only biding time at the moment, and I couldn't give a toss how many stats he gets. I can't see LDU having a blinder next week either. They're the only two I would look at swapping out. Ahern to come in.

If J-Mac's fit he'll take Durds spot.

Oh look your hate for Dumont continues. He's easily in our best 22 and isn't going anywhere.

Durdin didn't do much. But no howlers and needs a run of games.

Will be needed against GWS. Taz to Cameron, Durdin on Himmelberg and Scooter on Finlayson imo.

Scooter can make Finlayson accountable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back