Traded 15. Nathan Kreuger (2019- 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geelong Football Club welcomes Nathan Krueger.

Taken with pick 42 ( gained from Linc McCarthy trade) and pick then traded to BLues for rights to pick Krueger.

GO Catters

Andrew McCloud has big wraps on young Freddy Kreuger.

I’ve known Nathan Kreuger and his family for as long as I can remember.

For such a big bloke, Nath’s quite quick and agile. He can play anywhere — both key positions, forward, half-back and on the wing as well. He’s got a long left-foot kick and loves a celebration when he kicks a goal.

He’s courageous too, often jumping into a pack without fear and I know it puts the wind up his dad watching his boy jumping back into a pack the way he does.

nathankreuger.jpg

Read more

http://www.aflplayers.com.au/article/courageous-kreuger-ready-for-the-afl/

This is very good news for Geelong. This kid looks like he has plenty to offer....good pace, good hands, appears to like get his hands dirty and can deliver on both sides of his body.

This is a win!

Aug 7, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Portland Trail Blazers
I'm a South Adelaide supporter and have been reading the comments on the Panthers' FB page. You read nothing but glowing endorsements of the kid from many. The consensus is that we've done extremely well landing this kid.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Its been very quiet around this bloke.....what chance he bobs up next week .....

...and kicks 5 goals......:tonguewink::tonguewink::tonguewink:

Id take that bet. id even give you odds. Unless we change something , I can see better , more established players struggling to kick 5.

I agree it has been quiet ..but lets be fair on NK... id have a look at Forts first game... and there is a lot of downside to playing if he is not ready.
If we really have to play him , perhaps we should get him a game in D ..we seem to be struggling for height down there :eek:

Kicked 6 i think -

Needs time still but its promising.

Go Catters

He certainly is.
196cm and mobile. He could play as a tall flanker or KPP when he fills out a bit more.
Not to mention that he is a left footer.

Id take that bet. id even give you odds. Unless we change something , I can see better , more established players struggling to kick 5.

I agree it has been quiet ..but lets be fair on NK... id have a look at Forts first game... and there is a lot of downside to playing if he is not ready.
If we really have to play him , perhaps we should get him a game in D ..we seem to be struggling for height down there :eek:

OK..I was a little premature....then again I said he'd kick 5....unerestimated that aspect....

Seriously though, we will be seeing a lot more of this kid in 2020.....after another pre-season...

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
OK..I was a little premature....then again I said he'd kick 5....unerestimated that aspect....

Seriously though, we will be seeing a lot more of this kid in 2020.....after another pre-season...

Quite happy to have taken your money that week ..but you you were on the right horse ,just not the right race.

Id say we will see more of him in 2020 and I would not be surprised to see him 2019. Just to give him a taste. His marking is a such a good asset and I think with afl delivery he could take a mark or two even when he is obvious no where near a finished product..

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong

I like it I like it I like it .... and the punch spoil as well..

The way its looking he will demand selection at some stage..but there is probably more of an opening on the horizon down back. I suspect they will look at the way Blitz came into the side ..and that being first picked for a role doesn't mean thats where you finally settle

A bit of a blurb on Kreuger in the K Rock footy pages.

"NATHAN Kreuger never wants to go back to laying telephone cables for a living.
At this rate, he won’t have to.
The young key position player, who turned 20 on Tuesday, is turning heads at VFL level as he strives to break into Geelong’s senior side.
Krueger – an athletic 196cm and 88kg prospect – is seen by the Cats as a long-term key forward option and has kicked 14 goals in nine games this season.
But an overkill of AFL-listed talls in attack has forced VFL coach Shane O’Bree to use the South Adelaide product at both ends of the ground throughout the year".

Read more at:

http://www.krockfootball.com.au/gee...HTdaalum3qxk3mAT7qgggcJhuEY7xTY7gO48bWK5I1zPc

Emerging stars, A-grade contenders: Who's ready for a breakout season?

Nathan Kreuger:
Key-position player didn't get a look-in at senior level last year but impressed in VFL ranks and looks ready to step up when required. Athletic and can play at either end of the ground, but looks most at home in attack, where he could be a foil for Tom Hawkins and Esava Ratugolea.

Nathan-Kreuger-is-ready-for-a-big-2020.JPG

https://www.afl.com.au/news/364930

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back