Not open for further replies.

Smithy7

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 1, 2014
South of Scotland
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
A bit of trivia, but it's the right thread for it ;), my distant relatives on my mother's side of the family came to this country from Ireland in the 1840's on a ship named the `Marquess of Bute.'
So they came out on a Scottish named vessel ... ;)

Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
So they came out on a Scottish named vessel ... ;)

Unfortunately it gets worse ;), my 2x great grandfather married an English woman in Manchester, which I suspect wouldn't have gone down well in county Armagh :rolleyes:, and definitely didn't with relatives from the mid north of SA., who until quite recently thought they came from 100% Irish stock.

Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
Dwayne must be one of the worst interviewers there is. Just interviewed Amon.
Asks a question and then before the player has a chance to answer Dwayne gives what HE believes the answer to be in a convoluted fashion. What a big head.

God gave him two ears and only one mouth. So he's making up for that.

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons

PowerBaz

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Nice to hear Roo mention they will smack Richmond tomb night, mentioned Richmond are playing a real team tomorrow night unlike the last team they beat here....

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Nice to hear Roo mention they will smack Richmond tomb night, mentioned Richmond are playing a real team tomorrow night unlike the last team they beat here....
And, fortunately for them Richmond are even worse off than they were when they played us. Full strength Crows playing Tigers versus baby Port playing them. They darn well should win. Still, we should have beaten them a few weeks back.
Crows have a cruisy run home.
Our fixture has turned out to be pretty hard with the double ups.
With the changes in ladder position every year the sooner we play every team twice, one away and one at home, the better.

Magus

Cancelled
10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
Dwayne must be one of the worst interviewers there is. Just interviewed Amon.
Asks a question and then before the player has a chance to answer Dwayne gives what HE believes the answer to be in a convoluted fashion. What a big head.

The more attention I give to that guy, the clearer it gets that he's a raging egomaniac.

There should be no "men" category. It should be "open."
This is true, regardless she was unregistered.

I am sure the same reason why an open category can't exist....INSURANCE! If the player can't be insured, they can't play, regardless of the desire.

This protects the player themselves and more importantly the clubs, league and opponents. The player could choose to play uninsured, but that would not be fair on those who may end up being liable.

Duckimus Prime

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The player could choose to play uninsured, but that would not be fair on those who may end up being liable.
While it may be seen as acceptable risk if the uninsured player is injured. But it also applies in the opposite direction. Other players are screwed if the unregistered/uninsured player causes an injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back