Rumour GFC 2019 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Libba wouldnt pass the character test. Id be quite keen on Parish and Dunkley but Langdon is the one we should chase hard particularly if Kelly goes back to WA (Phillips is a similar player but i doubt he leaves Collingwood).

I was ref Coniglio... Libba no , Langdon no , Dunkley no ... . If we are not going to get someone of real worth id rather save our picks , go to draft etc.

Sep 15, 2005
AFL Club
Geelong
better if I said middle of the guys ..? Maybe Guy in the guts...

Libba wouldnt pass the character test. Id be quite keen on Parish and Dunkley but Langdon is the one we should chase hard particularly if Kelly goes back to WA (Phillips is a similar player but i doubt he leaves Collingwood).

I was ref Coniglio... Libba no , Langdon no , Dunkley no ... . If we are not going to get someone of real worth id rather save our picks , go to draft etc.

Was just about to pursue this Turbo - and PO - what would it take to prize Coniglio away from the Giants?
Is he going to re-sign? Is Hawthorn really in the mix?

He would be adequate compensation for the projected loss of Kelly, and would be ideal to takeover Joel Selwood's old role as the champ winds down his career.

I'm sure the club is doing it's due d - guessing he and Josh Kelly re-sign, particularly if they have success this year, which is very possible.

On Coniglio i expect we are tabling a big offer to his management but i still reckon he stays at GWS. I disagree on the other bit (rarely do i disagree with you turbo) in that dahlhaus and rohan were unfashionable trade ins last year but have been outstanding value for what we paid for them. Some of the guys on that list would be fine so long as its moneyball recruiting where they are capable of filling a role that we need them to.

Was just about to pursue this Turbo - and PO - what would it take to prize Coniglio away from the Giants?

He would be adequate compensation for the projected loss of Kelly, and would be ideal to takeover Joel Selwood's old role as the champ winds down his career.

I'm sure the club is doing it's due d - guessing he and Josh Kelly re-sign, particularly if they have success this year, which is very possible.

Hes an RFA although GWS might match any offer if they have the cap space. He'll cost at least 1-1.2mil PA over 5 or 6 years for a club. I reckon he'll stay at GWS providing they can push out enough fringe guy to afford him.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong

Im still to see an obvious reason for him to leave GWS. Whats the motivation. 18 clubs would have him in their best22 and he would probably be the best OOC player capable of replacing Kelly. But id say we have more chance of getting Kelly to stay than of getting Coniglio at Geelong. Id be happy to be wrong.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Hes an RFA although GWS might match any offer if they have the cap space. He'll cost at least 1-1.2mil PA over 5 or 6 years for a club. I reckon he'll stay at GWS providing they can push out enough fringe guy to afford him.
He would take all of that if we were to get Conglio. . Agree more chance to whiteant them than drive a dagger to their heart.

Sep 15, 2005
AFL Club
Geelong
Im still to see an obvious reason for him to leave GWS. Whats the motivation. 18 clubs would have him in their best22 and he would probably be the best OOC player capable of replacing Kelly. But id say we have more chance of getting Kelly to stay than of getting Coniglio at Geelong. Id be happy to be wrong.

read once or twice that Hawthorn are suitors; would much rather he remain a Giant obviously ...

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
On Coniglio i expect we are tabling a big offer to his management but i still reckon he stays at GWS. I disagree on the other bit (rarely do i disagree with you turbo) in that dahlhaus and rohan were unfashionable trade ins last year but have been outstanding value for what we paid for them. Some of the guys on that list would be fine so long as its moneyball recruiting where they are capable of filling a role that we need them to.

Value recruiting is a slightly different pov. Dahl really wouldn't have appealed to me unless he was FA. If we go back to when Rohan was first mentioned I was negative at the thought of the cost..but as it be came apparent the cost would be 40 plus less so. Then we paid 60 something and I had no issue with adding what we knew about him for that cost. I doubt many would have thought , maybe Cockarfitt ..I think he was strong on him , that Rohan could be what he has for us. I was happy to think he could be the difference in one or two games where he would play out of his socks with that high end talent that saw him drafted at 6 ..and then mostly just be an addendum to our forwardline. He has been worth and performed at a much better level than that.

So Id guess ..in ref. to the Moneyball type of recruitment.. what do you think it would cost us?

Obviously Im being the antithesis of Moneyball in my quick disparagement of them. Yes they all have positives and in the Moneyball mindet for the right price you may look at what they can do , and not be overly dismissive based on what the cant...

my reasoning .

Dunkley is an opportunity killer. The amount of setshots he misses is the negative for mine..it represents a poor dispossal ability. I really dislike afl players who cant perform to a reasonable level in footskills.. Its "foot" ball. One could make an argument that as much as plenty say Hawkins is doing this or doing that. ..the basis of all that he is doing at the moment is he is converting. He in the zone atm. his back must be feeling good and he is kicking well and he knows his shape. I think he may struggle to ever do the Hawks siren shot again , I dont think he has that distance with his current technique. Dunkley even more so should be able to kick setshots. It simply unacceptable to not be reliable. To add someone like that is building in with a redundant mindset of inside 50's is a numbers game.. get 50,60 70 etc.. and statistically that means "x" goals. Our current game rubs that the wrong way. With less inside 50's yet we have at least 3 really good forward convertors. Dahl brings other elements ..but Hawkins, Rohan and Miers we have deadly footmen. Add Duncan , Kelly etc and we really dont have too many gut churners. Danger is one , I'm not sure if he really understands his setshot..he is better on the run as he doesnt lean back.. anyone thats my querry on Dunkley.

Langdon is someone I have less strong opinions on.. he probably would appeal to CS as he seems to cover ground ..I suspect if he goes anywhere it would be to Collingwood. Out of the players mentioned he is the one Id give ground on IF the price was right.

Libba .. well we dont need to expand on why no. I have little doubt at his best he could add contested ball numbers to our mid group.. and he FA. Id have worries of reuniting him with Dahl..and I have doubts with him around the ground away rom the inside contested ball.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
read once or twice that Hawthorn are suitors; would much rather he remain a Giant obviously ...

He has more chance to Haw than us. The draw would be to play with mates...but I wonder if the recent move of GWS players may just be a little tick in his subconscience.. At GWS he has a huge chance of winning. He is a better chance there than Haw.If he had won a flag ..and if he had a bis stage mentality ..then perhaps. The new kids that keep coming thru at GWS would give confidence to those there that there are still a legit chance . Kelly has given them 2 years to get it done.. If Coniglio gives them 2 he is a UFA and then can walk with high demand as well. If he is worried about long term security perhaps he gets a Kelly option contract.

But Haw do have a habit of using the the shine of their aura.. and they have had a knack of making it work ..which sort of perpetuates the circle. Lake's flags by going there is the reference point of the modern player

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
If you go to the WA v Vic Metro game thread in the D&T board someone has put in on there mate. Worth a watch.

Thanks for that ..I see the link and the mark. I find these raw games without commentary difficult to watch to be honest. I wish they would cut up the games into packages for each player and one can see marks like that quickley. There are a few options that are talls defenders...
Screen Shot 2019-06-10 at 11.00.22 am.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-10 at 11.00.37 am.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-10 at 11.01.01 am.png

McAseys is some peoples eyes is the best young KPD. Its a good mark for sure .. he sort of a comes from the side type thing and reads it well thru the air.

Worrell looks very interesting to me. His first goal from a mark under the ball I always found that difficult mark. He looked like his opponent may have been smallish so that devalues it a touch but I like the look of him.
Screen Shot 2019-06-10 at 11.24.35 am.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-10 at 11.25.06 am.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-10 at 10.58.47 am.png

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Thanks for that ..I see the link and the mark. I find these raw games without commentary difficult to watch to be honest. I wish they would cut up the games into packages for each player and one can see marks like that quickley. There are a few options that are talls defenders...

I had to stop the vid on numerous occasions to find out who a player was that did something I liked. Took a long time. But I think the second week has seen some talent come to the surface. Really like McAsey as a tall defender. Good overhead and super competitive. I think De Koning is good in the air - if the ball hits the ground he lacks a bit.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
I had to stop the vid on numerous occasions to find out who a player was that did something I liked. Took a long time. But I think the second week has seen some talent come to the surface. Really like McAsey as a tall defender. Good overhead and super competitive. I think De Koning is good in the air - if the ball hits the ground he lacks a bit.

DeKoning is a long term player for sure.. as I said Blitz like. I think we could work on the ground stuff

He’s a bit out of sight, out of mind. He’ll definitely slide you’d think. Just hoe far remains to be seen. Pretty confident he’ll be available at our first though. Maybe even later.
We'll have two firsts this year and he's worth using one on.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
West Coast won't have 2.

The best we can hope for is pick 15ish and a future first.

atpit it would seem that would be the most likely .... but its a moving canvas.
It only takes the story about Darling in the press and it makes one start to think ..well if that happens and this happens etc...

atpit it would seem that would be the most likely .... but its a moving canvas.
It only takes the story about Darling in the press and it makes one start to think ..well if that happens and this happens etc...
Darling, Kennedy, Brander, Allen can't all fit in the same team. Maybe they're at risk of losing Brander for more opportunity and might be prepared to offload Darling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back