Suns in the Media - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last November the Suns’ football department asked Lynne and I whether we would be open to have four players come stay with us in the lead-up to Christmas … at one stage we also had Izak Rankine and Jez McLennan. It got to the end of their time and Ben and Jack asked if they could stay for the rest of this year and we were more than happy for that to happen. “They cook once a week and are responsible for their own rooms. They look after their own washing. They’re quite well trained.”

He says when Ben made his debut in the Suns match against Port Adelaide, both he and Lynne flew to down to watch their boy in action.
“Actually, it was quite lovely afterwards … my daughter Sam rang to tell me she felt like a proud sister watching Ben run out on the field,” he laughs.
"All of the kids get along.”

More about that here.
https://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.a...s/news-story/d73fc7a3eeccdd2ba68178b43bd62a80

Last edited:

https://www.zerohanger.com/report-suns-knocked-back-goldstein-offer-30437

According to The Herald Sun, Goldstein was offered to the Gold Coast Suns for a sturdy price when Rodney Eade was the the helm of Metricon Stadium. The Suns were unhappy with the Kangaroos’ offer.

I've purged any memories I had of the Eade era, Did we know about this at the time? What do we think now?

Personally I'm glad we ended up with Wittsy, What a unit.

https://m.afl.com.au/news/2019-06-08/i-cant-fault-the-joint-young-sun-right-at-home-in-north

"I'm absolutely loving it," King said.

"I'm loving living up here, loving the lifestyle and love all these boys.

"I really can't fault the joint so far."

King said after speaking with twin brother Max, at St Kilda, he's glad to be in Queensland.

"He said it's been raining, windy and freezing, and I've been going to the beach every day, so I'm loving life."

https://m.afl.com.au/news/2019-06-08/i-cant-fault-the-joint-young-sun-right-at-home-in-north

"I'm absolutely loving it," King said.

"I'm loving living up here, loving the lifestyle and love all these boys.

"I really can't fault the joint so far."

King said after speaking with twin brother Max, at St Kilda, he's glad to be in Queensland.

"He said it's been raining, windy and freezing, and I've been going to the beach every day, so I'm loving life."

Yep! that's music to my ears.....luv it.

Seems Sam Day wants to be a one clubman. Feels his form is building and that it should soon warrant selection.

Speaking for the first time about his regular omission, the 26-year-old said he hadn’t wavered from his pre-season declaration that he was eager to put to paper on a new deal with Gold Coast despite his current situation.

“I have been here for my whole career, I want to stay as a Sun,” Day said.

“That is where my head is at. I’m really working on just getting back into the team and playing good footy.”

https://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.a...t/news-story/0af786a0d2a5ff67ac6d67c6b12323d2

This is for Brodie's fans. Who would want to leave when we are building something special :)

I just need to get some continuity at the level and prove to my teammates and coaches that I belong here so that is my goal.

All the feedback from the coaches is they are happy with what I do on the inside so I haven’t really focused on that at all for the last few years.
It’s all my outside stuff and my running after stoppages and stuff like that.
I’m trying to develop that area as much as I can and get it to a level where it’s dangerous at AFL level.

https://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.a...jC3-Ml4-DJGN0oWgoK5Z6uhxGEZz3bLgEy5XVyP5oNwBA

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is for Brodie's fans. Who would want to leave when we are building something special :)

https://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.a...jC3-Ml4-DJGN0oWgoK5Z6uhxGEZz3bLgEy5XVyP5oNwBA
I can’t get through the paywall, is this Brodie talking?

Found a way through in Twitter, good to see him challenge the coaching staff to keep him in. It’s an interesting tactic as Dew stated there was plenty for him to learn from Cunnington “if he wants too”.

As I see it the club should take him up on the challenge and it’s up to him to deliver, if he does that’s fantastic.

Last edited:
I can’t get through the paywall, is this Brodie talking?

Found a way through in Twitter, good to see him challenge the coaching staff to keep him in. It’s an interesting tactic as Dew stated there was plenty for him to learn from Cunnington “if he wants too”.

As I see it the club should take him up on the challenge and it’s up to him to deliver, if he does that’s fantastic.
He will definitely be dropped now, Dew hates players that challenge him.

Who says Dew does not like Brodie. The club has just named Brodie 'The player of the Round'.

https://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/video/2019-06-10/player-of-the-round-will-brodie
I hope Brodie prints that out and plasters it all over dew’s office
B4098A1B-BD15-44B7-9D6E-BD4C15485DBF.jpeg

Did you even read the article? Or do just throw the boots in to Dew everytime you can?
Of course I read the article and will said exactly what I’ve been saying for the past two year.
5B4C8536-EAE0-4A1D-9188-3BB54F1D51F4.jpeg
Dew is a very stubborn person and he hates it when people challenge him, that’s something the board have ask him to work on.

Don’t get me wrong I think he can be a successful coach but he needs to change a few things.
He runs and hides from conflict instead of facing it head on

Of course I read the article and will said exactly what I’ve been saying for the past two year.
View attachment 689881
Dew is a very stubborn person and he hates it when people challenge him, that’s something the board have ask him to work on.

Don’t get me wrong I think he can be a successful coach but he needs to change a few things.
He runs and hides from conflict instead of facing it head on
I honestly think that wills constant demotions and making him work for his spot is going to make him a better player. His defensive transitioning and spread up until Saturday’s game has been an abomination. He actually made Cunnington work both ways and not completely rip us to shreds after the first quarter. I know his young and he needs to find his feet but if your defensive work isn’t up to AFL standard in a team that needs all the defense it can get as we can’t score, then you aren’t playing. No gifting games because he was a high pick and could be good.

Bloody hell some of you blokes love sticking the boots in to anyone in the club when you get a chance. Dew has coached us really well this season and kept us competitve with much more talented teams, to the point some Melbourne people considering him for coach of the year so far. and Brodie played a brilliant game on the weekend, hopefully there is many more to come. People just love taking sides.

Bloody hell some of you blokes love sticking the boots in to anyone in the club when you get a chance. Dew has coached us really well this season and kept us competitve with much more talented teams, to the point some Melbourne people considering him for coach of the year so far. and Brodie played a brilliant game on the weekend, hopefully there is many more to come. People just love taking sides.
The only people saying that are the ones that have a personal relationship with him let’s be honest

The only people saying that are the ones that have a personal relationship with him let’s be honest
A number of what I would consider independent people, i.e Fox Footy Podcast threw his name up. Don't know how many people on that would have a personal relationship with Dew.

Just out of curiosity, say Dew left tomorrow, who would you look to replace him with?

A number of what I would consider independent people, i.e Fox Footy Podcast threw his name up. Don't know how many people on that would have a personal relationship with Dew.

Just out of curiosity, say Dew left tomorrow, who would you look to replace him with?
It was all started by one of his best mates Paul Roos and it just grew legs from their buy other lazy journos who just needed to fill their quota for the week or to fill dead air on the now oversaturated afl podcast market.

And on who can replace him I have no idea at the moment.
I’m happy to give him another 12 month to see if he can implement an attacking and exciting game style that will bring people back to Metricon.

Because right now The excitement level at home games is at an all time low.
Crowds are down and I’ve never seen so many people leave games early like they have been this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back