Unofficial Preview Changes/pre-match discussion vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't need to stress too much about their 3 key forwards if our midfield apply the same pressure they did against the Tigers

Bring that manic pressure and we can win it in Hobart

Yep, I reckon Giants are there for the taking in a pre form slump.

Am concerned about Mumford bossing Goldy, would be keen to see one of ours line him up.

I wouldn't mind getting another look at Ahern in the midfield. Especially with Higgins out, he'll presumably be given greater licence to hunt the ball without too much emphasis on his defensive role.

But i also wouldn't mind Jmac having a run through the midfield. Brad wouldn't have tried this. Shaw just might.

It won't be easy mate.

On paper, they're better than us.
But you can wipe your bum with paper to .. we get 70 inside 50s and it will go a long way in winning but accuracy will be a factor..

This game has come at a good time for coach and players. If we play with the same intensity we played against the tigers, and kick straight we have a good shot at winning.

I would like to see Durdin stay in the team this week as i can see a match up for him against gws. Still a lot of footy to be played this year and i would like to see if he is up to afl before the seasons finished.

Throw everything at them get the win and enjoy the break. Can’t remember the last time we won heading into the bye (it was probably last year I like to dramatise). Ahern in for Higgins. Alternatively if Jmac must come back in then Luke could do a tagging role on a Taranto or his buddy Kelly. Full thug mode needed in the midfield this week

A sometimes inadvertently flattering term that is, on occasion, mistakenly directed at those who are in actual fact just really sh1t posters.

Oh so it's someone with a differing opinion who doesn't automatically engage in groupthink?

I take that as a compliment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Throw everything at them get the win and enjoy the break. Can’t remember the last time we won heading into the bye (it was probably last year I like to dramatise). Ahern in for Higgins. Alternatively if Jmac must come back in then Luke could do a tagging role on a Taranto or his buddy Kelly. Full thug mode needed in the midfield this week

Our record into the bye (2011-2018)

8 losses , 1 win.

Our record after the bye

5 losses, 4 wins.

It won't be easy mate.

On paper, they're better than us.

Of course it won't. However Adelaide were sitting on top of the ladder and in a comfortable position. Did not expect the hiding we gave them. I think we've got GWS at a good time to give it a shake.

Our record into the bye (2011-2018)

8 losses , 1 win.

Our record after the bye

5 losses, 4 wins.
Thanks GR. Our record with Scotts at round 1 and going into the bye is atrocious. Probably the worst in the league.
Whilst this weekends game will be tough to win, we will be right up there if we bring the required passion and intensity. If we also kick straight, we may just get it done.
I expect a red hot crack for sure.

Of course it won't. However Adelaide were sitting on top of the ladder and in a comfortable position. Did not expect the hiding we gave them. I think we've got GWS at a good time to give it a shake.

Whitfield and Ward are missing, but they will have Davis & Kelly in the side this time, and potentially Greene.

I can't see BBB geting off the leash so easily this week (averages 2 goals v Davis).

We can't afford to be wasteful.

How about Goldstein lines him up, he is a great big ruckman.

Goldy lacks the raw aggression. Zurhaar to put a knee through his back and leave him pissing blood after an early marking contest. That kind of thing.

Tarryn to tackle him in a perfectly legal way that breaks his arm.

State league affiliate: GWS Giants (NEAFL)
This weekend: Sydney v GWS Giants - Sunday, June 9, 10.30am, Blacktown International Sportspark
Dumped big man Lachie Keefe did his chances of a recall no harm with an excellent performance in defence during the Giants' 25-point NEAFL victory over the Swans.
Zac Langdon booted three goals in an impressive performance up forward, while Jackson Hately continued his good recent form with a 23-possession haul that included 15 touches during a dominant third term.

Veteran ruckman Dawson Simpson was named among the best players in an entertaining duel with Swans big man Darcy Cameron.

I've just booked my tickets to fly up to Tassie this week. We need to beat The Filth to put the fear of God into the top 8 teams. I dare say, if we can knock the Giants over, it would be Shaw's finest hour as coach of NMFC.

i rest my case.

FYI you're a troll, if you needed to know what it was.

I booed Adam Goodes....
I was happy Brad Scott got sacked.
I didn't think Boomer deserved another year.
I was happy to see the back of Gibson and Petrie.

I still can't believe we swapped John McCarthy for Blakey.

I would keep Wood and trade Dumont, Macmillan, Turner and Goldstein.

You need to realise that no one cares about North but North supporters, are you suggesting I'm not a North supporter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back